Khabib vs Maia - Who wins the grappling?

Well, he did beat Jacare once, but Jacare beat him twice and I think he even subbed him. And Werdum is way too big, come on.
Maia was very successful in Absolute (open weight). He beat Gonzaga, who is a HW Mundial champion, twice. All of these guys we are now mentioning are the creme de la creme.

Maia was very successful in Absolute (open weight). He beat Gonzaga, who is a HW Mundial champion, twice. All of these guys we are now mentioning are the creme de la creme.
I still don't think Gonzaga is quite on Werdum's level, especially off his back, but I guess Maia would have a chance against anybody. Still picking Jacare (again) or Werdum in that matchup though.

I still don't think Gonzaga is quite on Werdum's level, especially off his back, but I guess Maia would have a chance against anybody. Still picking Jacare (again) or Werdum in that matchup though.
Mundial and World champions are the top level. Unless doom and Gonzaga have competed it would strictly be opinion to say one is better than the other.

Maia beat Jacare in Gi completion, and Jacare beat him in no gi on a penalty.

I believe they may have gone at it three times, but don’t recall the result. It would be a pick em match for me.

I will take Roger Gracie over all of them.

In a straight grappling match Mir would be like elephant on Maia when he would want to win and not play around.
This fiction stories don't interest or impress me.
Students of Marvel lmao

Mir has said it more than once.

Mundial and World champions are the top level. Unless doom and Gonzaga have competed it would strictly be opinion to say one is better than the other.

Maia beat Jacare in Gi completion, and Jacare beat him in no gi on a penalty.

I believe they may have gone at it three times, but don’t recall the result. It would be a pick em match for me.

I will take Roger Gracie over all of them.
Jacare is definitely 2-1 against him, I know that much. And I know Mundial/Worlds are as good as it gets, but not all champions are created equal. Some have the ability to sub Fedor and Big Nog, while others... don’t.

If they were the same size i'd take khabib all day. But with the size difference and maia in his prime it would be a tough contest.

I still think khabib would wear him out eventually.

Maia wins grappling or mma easily. There's a skill and weight gap and if it ends up a boxing match Maia still wins.

Jacare is definitely 2-1 against him, I know that much. And I know Mundial/Worlds are as good as it gets, but not all champions are created equal. Some have the ability to sub Fedor and Big Nog, while others... don’t.
Subbing someone Big Nog or Fedor in mma is completely irrelevant to BJJ and pure grappling competition.

That said, I do favor Werdum in a matchup with Gonzaga. I mentioned Gonzaga because he is 265 lbs and Maia beat him twice. Whether doom could beat him on points or not is also irrelevant to my point that Maia can submit the highest level heavyweights.

What separates the best of the best are if they are able to submit other top black belts. Marcelo Garcia, Roger Gracie, Jacare, Maia, Xande and Werdum are the best of the best. Roger is probably the only guy submitting any of the others on that list.

In straight grappling, I would pick Maia with no hesitation.

In MMA, I would go w/ Khabib. Even with the size disadvantage, he would do fine and by the end of round 2, Maia would be fighting on fumes.

Back