Khabib vs. Alvarez/Poirier?

Dafuq you talking about? Before Conor was seen as the best striker in MMA, which he is. RDA was viewed as the best striker at LW. Eddie KOd him in 1 rd.

You're basing your opinion off 1 of his 35 fights? He got hurt early vs Conor and ended up getting schooled, it happened. Never happened to him before or since. Dude has more knockout wins than anyone in the top 10 of the LW Division by a good margin. Hes been out struck about 3 or 4 times in his 35 professional fights, 11 at WW and 24 at LW. And of those 35 fights he's beaten 7 top 5 ranked guys and 10 total in the top 10. His resume is unparalleled in the history of the sport at LW..... but yeah, a guy with awful striking would out strike him. You're clearly a new spectator

I'm an Eddie fan, but he's been outstruck by the majority of good strikers he's faced—Cowboy, Pettis was beating him on the feet, Conor, Dustin was styling on him. He has a really hard time against good strikers. Eddie shines because of how well rounded he is and his ability to make the fight about his strengths, and obviously by his toughness. He's not an exceptional striker by MMA standards. He's above average, though.

I'm picking him to beat Dustin, by the way. I think he will be able to mix things up well enough until he lands something big. Dustin's chin is still questionable in my book.

Based on him beating Barboza, RDA, Groovy and Lee.

Or does he has to beat real state king Raging Al to be deemed worthy of a title ahot.

Well, Al did beat Lee, so if you're going shit on that win from khabib, you shouldn't praise Tony's win over lee in the same post.

You can't be serious. Khabib has God awful striking and Eddie is top of the food chain boxer.

Top of the food chain boxer? He has been clipped and knocked down by nearly everyone he stands with. He wins with wall and stall and close decisions.
Hes a 11 2 guy that goes for awful dirty boxing. he sucks and his chin has gotten him by his entire career. After Conor obliterated it I doubt he even has that anymore.

Khabib by anyway he feels like

I have been an Alvarez fan since DREAM, but he has zero chance against Khabib. He's a quintessential brawler who has a puncher's chance against anyone willing to stand and exchange, but Khabib is a terrible matchup for him. Poirier has maybe a 5% chance.

Nevertheless, he was interim champion before getting stripped. And if Conor is not happening, and Dustin/Eddie is not happening, then it should be Tony
I agree with that, just don't agree Tony should be before Winner of Dustin or Eddie

Based on him beating Barboza, RDA, Groovy and Lee.

Or does he has to beat real state king Raging Al to be deemed worthy of a title ahot.
I can think of a much better resume.

RDA
Pettis
Gaethje
Menendez

Top of the food chain boxer? He has been clipped and knocked down by nearly everyone he stands with. He wins with wall and stall and close decisions.
Hes a 11 2 guy that goes for awful dirty boxing. he sucks and his chin has gotten him by his entire career. After Conor obliterated it I doubt he even has that anymore.

Khabib by anyway he feels like
You didn't watch his fights vs RDA or Gatheje.

I can't tell if you're trolling. No one can truly believe khabib is a better striker

Really looking forward to this rematch. Winner surely is the best option for Khabib, Conor aint coming anytime soon and Ferguson at present is out of the picture.

I'm an Eddie fan, but he's been outstruck by the majority of good strikers he's faced—Cowboy, Pettis was beating him on the feet, Conor, Dustin was styling on him. He has a really hard time against good strikers. Eddie shines because of how well rounded he is and his ability to make the fight about his strengths, and obviously by his toughness. He's not an exceptional striker by MMA standards. He's above average, though.

I'm picking him to beat Dustin, by the way. I think he will be able to mix things up well enough until he lands something big. Dustin's chin is still questionable in my book.
You named all of the fighters that had success vs him striking. You're missing the other 31.

What's the majority?

Conor
Dustin (I disagree, he got caught then outstruck dustin after getting caught)
Cerrone(who he was destroying until his legs didn't work, credit to Donald)
Pettis? Really? There really wasn't much striking

Or

RDA
Gaethje
Chandler
Pitbull
Hansen
Dida
Prime kawajiri

Then there's solid strikers like

Huerta at the time
Neer
Loughran
Curran

You legit named 4 guys after I said 3 or 4 out of 35 and then you claim "majority" come on.

Khabib vs Poirier would be a squash match, not really interested in that fight at all. This is one of the biggest cases where styles make fights, as I believe Poirier beats Eddie, loses to Khabib, but Eddie would give Khabib a much harder fight.

You named all of the fighters that had success vs him striking. You're missing the other 31.

What's the majority?

Conor
Dustin (I disagree, he got caught then outstruck dustin after getting caught)
Cerrone(who he was destroying until his legs didn't work, credit to Donald)
Pettis? Really? There really wasn't much striking

Or

RDA
Gaethje
Chandler
Pitbull
Hansen
Dida
Prime kawajiri

Then there's solid strikers like

Huerta at the time
Neer
Loughran
Curran

You legit named 4 guys after I said 3 or 4 out of 35 and then you claim "majority" come on.

So you think all 35 of them are good strikers? I'm talking about the good strikers he's faced. The good strikers relative to the best strikers in the top ten of his divsion.

I named the only good strikers that he fought. Curran hadn't peaked when Alvarez fought him and he should have been at FW and curran at his best isn't up there with the guys I mentioned. Hansen, kawajiri, chandler, dida, etc etc are not very good strikers.

Some of those guys are good, but not top ten level "good" striking. They were top ten fighters, but not because of their striking.

I'll give you RDA and Pitbull, even though Pitbull was another one that should be at FW and I don't hold him in as high regard as guys like poirier or cowboy etc etc.

In general, though, when he faces a top ten guy known for his striking—Poirier, Conor, Cowboy, And yes, pettis was outstriking him, hence the wrestle fuck—he gets out struck. The RDA moment was the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:
You didn't watch his fights vs RDA or Gatheje.

I can't tell if you're trolling. No one can truly believe khabib is a better striker
great you quoted 2 fights.

RDA, a shell of his former self that had to changed weights due to USADA and a punching bag.

Khabib doesnt have better striking, but his wrestling is far superior and eddie has child like takedowns. hes far too weak to even attempt to wall and stall khabib which is
his bread and butter. so he will do nothing but back up and throw his amazing 11 2 hes been doing for years with his awful head movement which looked so great especially vs
conor. Khabib will walk him down with no fear of a take down or power and pummel him. Eddie has nothing. he wont throw with power out of fear of getting slammed into oblivion.

I cant believe you think Eddie is a good striker. Hes horrendous. hes one dimensional and survives by having a granite chin which has been cracked

Ariel helwani says conor vs khabib will fight in Vegas. either
Conor doesn't fight while Dee is pregnant. It's a known fact. He's said it several times.

nah he said he wouldn't fight when dee was preggo with the first brat. she's pregnant again and I've seen no evidence or quotes from Connor saying that he won't fight while she's pregnant this time. if I'm wrong show me the link/source. just because it applied to kid #1, doesn't mean it applies to kid #2. furthermore: Ariel helwani says conor vs khabib will fight and it'll happen in Vegas. either October 6th or December 29th.

Ariel helwani says conor vs khabib will fight in Vegas. either

nah he said he wouldn't fight when dee was preggo with the first brat. she's pregnant again and I've seen no evidence or quotes from Connor saying that he won't fight while she's pregnant this time. if I'm wrong show me the link/source. just because it applied to kid #1, doesn't mean it applies to kid #2. furthermore: Ariel helwani says conor vs khabib will fight and it'll happen in Vegas. either October 6th or December 29th.

Why wouldn't it apply to child number two? He said he doesn't want to fight while she's pregnant because it stresses her out too much. How would that magically change for a second child?

Seriously, think about that for a second. Not fighting while you girlfriend is pregnant, means not fighting while she's pregnant. It doesn't mean, "I don't fight while she's pregnant with the first, 3rd, and 6th babies, but for the rest, I'm good to go!"

Why wouldn't it apply to child number two? He said he doesn't want to fight while she's pregnant because it stresses her out too much. How would that magically change for a second child?

Seriously, think about that for a second. Not fighting while you girlfriend is pregnant, means not fighting while she's pregnant. It doesn't mean, "I don't fight while she's pregnant with the first, 3rd, and 6th babies, but for the rest, I'm good to go!"

I can tell you from experience that having your second child is different. It just is. The anxiety level we had for our second kid was minuscule in comparison to our first time. Because we’ve been there and went thru it already. That being said, everyone is different. But until I hear Conor say hes not fighting because his chick is pregnant with kid #2, then I’m under the assumption that he will fight Khabib soon. Plus we all know that Ariel gets all the inside scoop. He rarely reports things that aren’t true. If he’s says they’re fighting this year and probably in Vegas, then I believe him.

Pettis is such a favorable fight for Khabib.

The dude can't hang against elite wrestlers and Khabib's submission defense is incredible.

Not only that but Khabib has an iron will and Pettis wilts like a flower.

I have been an Alvarez fan since DREAM, but he has zero chance against Khabib. He's a quintessential brawler who has a puncher's chance against anyone willing to stand and exchange, but Khabib is a terrible matchup for him. Poirier has maybe a 5% chance.
Explain how Dustin has a better chance? Khabib beats both if he can take them down.

He DEFINITELY is taking dustin down

He'll struggle to get Eddie down. 3 round fight all khabib. 5 rounder Eddie stops him late

Back