Khabib vs. Alvarez/Poirier?

Since the McGregor fight doesn't appear to be on the table at the moment and Alvarez vs Poirier is coming up at UFC Calgary (hopefully) I'm really hoping Diamond gets an impressive win against Eddie and gets a shot at Khabib. It would make for a great fight and Dustin has the tools to push Khabib into deep waters if he can use his take down defense and keep Khabib off him for the first 2 rounds. Poirier could set himself up to avenge the loss against McGregor in 2014.

that was always gone be the fight to start with since conor is retired and conor blind follower fan base just cant see it.

Will the winner of Dustin/Eddie be ready before Tony? Probably, but if Tony is ready before them than he should get the next title shot

it would help if tony gave any update at all. since he not that telling me he knows he out for 2018.

Nope. Conor deserves the next shot. I'd be fine with the winner of this fight getting a match-up against Tony for the Interim Championship once he's healthy enough to fight again, though.

I see Alvarez beating Poirier, btw. Dustin's been on a nice little roll, but it ends for him here.

nope conor is retired and has said he doesn't wfight when his wife is pregnant.

Since the McGregor fight doesn't appear to be on the table at the moment and Alvarez vs Poirier is coming up at UFC Calgary (hopefully) I'm really hoping Diamond gets an impressive win against Eddie and gets a shot at Khabib. It would make for a great fight and Dustin has the tools to push Khabib into deep waters if he can use his take down defense and keep Khabib off him for the first 2 rounds. Poirier could set himself up to avenge the loss against McGregor in 2014.
Poirier has almost no chance vs Khabib.

Eddie vs Khabib would be great.

Dustin just doesnt have great TDD, while Eddie is Elite there and has better cardio than all 3.

Will the winner of Dustin/Eddie be ready before Tony? Probably, but if Tony is ready before them than he should get the next title shot
Based on what? Being gifted an interim title by beating #7?

if connie wont fight, i like this fight or tony. not sure tony is ready tho

You can't be serious. Khabib has God awful striking and Eddie is top of the food chain boxer.
top of food chain boxer would never get styled on and embarrassed like he was against mcgregor this aint ur granparents mma take a walk my son

Conor doesn't fight while Dee is pregnant. It's a known fact. He's said it several times.
He just doesn't fight when his own belt is on the line. He'll take it if he's offered a fight for someone else's belt.

Alvarez has a decent shot against Khabib, I don't think Poirier does. Besides McGregor is going to starch Khabib before either of them get a shot.

top of food chain boxer would never get styled on and embarrassed like he was against mcgregor this aint ur granparents mma take a walk my son
Dafuq you talking about? Before Conor was seen as the best striker in MMA, which he is. RDA was viewed as the best striker at LW. Eddie KOd him in 1 rd.

You're basing your opinion off 1 of his 35 fights? He got hurt early vs Conor and ended up getting schooled, it happened. Never happened to him before or since. Dude has more knockout wins than anyone in the top 10 of the LW Division by a good margin. Hes been out struck about 3 or 4 times in his 35 professional fights, 11 at WW and 24 at LW. And of those 35 fights he's beaten 7 top 5 ranked guys and 10 total in the top 10. His resume is unparalleled in the history of the sport at LW..... but yeah, a guy with awful striking would out strike him. You're clearly a new spectator

Nevertheless, he was interim champion before getting stripped. And if Conor is not happening, and Dustin/Eddie is not happening, then it should be Tony

Based on him beating Barboza, RDA, Groovy and Lee.

Or does he has to beat real state king Raging Al to be deemed worthy of a title ahot.

Based on him beating Barboza, RDA, Groovy and Lee.

Or does he has to beat real state king Raging Al to be deemed worthy of a title ahot.

real state king bent over and played with the guy tony beat to get the interim title. but tony vs khabib is the fight to make everybady know this

Back