Khabib is in a win-win situation right now

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
You don't become the LW GOAT for beating Conor McGregor and Rafael Dos Anjos. TS has no clue what he is talking about haha.

If Khabib quits, (and since he is under contract he can't go fight elsewhere) Conor would ride him forever with a full on verbal assault.

Khabib would lose his mind.

Even Dana would join in and start talking shit about Khabib.

Khabib is no GSP, he takes everything they say seriously.
You are such a simpleton. Only thing Khabib would have in retaliation is....you reinstate his brothers into the UFC and you have your rematch.

Khabib holds all the cards, just like he said he predicted he will have once he becomes champion.

Making this threat in public instead of to Dana White's face in private was a monumental mistake. The only thing bigger than Dana's greed is his ego. Conor's bus attack was stupid but Dana could hide behind the law and say it was up to the legal system. Khabib's fence jumping was worse because he put spectators in danger but greedy Dana can hide behind the AC and say he's following their lead. This newest threat is a direct challenge to Dana. Do as I say or I'll take my football and go home. Dana would have rolled over in private and caressed Khabib's balls in the process. But publicly puss out? Dana is too arrogant for that.

Expect Khabib to make some sort of public statement and then Dana will punish but not fire Khabib's boy. Otherwise, Dana will cut him loose. If Khabib bails, Dana will find a way to make it look as though he ran Khabib off for jumping the fence. Remember, it only takes one photo of an innocent fan bloodied after the fight and some politician will pull a John McCain and grandstand for the election year. Dana was instrumental in moving MMA away from McCain's "Human Cockfighting" label but it took him years and a ton of work to do so. The athletic commission is something to be feared, but it isn't shit compared to the power of a United States senator on a mission to keep his name in the headlines and his ass in Washington. Dana knows this well. Losing Khabib would cost Dana a fortune, especially if they found a way for him to fight in a rival org. But if Dana isn't careful, he and the UFC could lose a hell of a lot more than money.

Making this threat in public instead of to Dana White's face in private was a monumental mistake. The only thing bigger than Dana's greed is his ego. Conor's bus attack was stupid but Dana could hide behind the law and say it was up to the legal system. Khabib's fence jumping was worse because he put spectators in danger but greedy Dana can hide behind the AC and say he's following their lead. This newest threat is a direct challenge to Dana. Do as I say or I'll take my football and go home. Dana would have rolled over in private and caressed Khabib's balls in the process. But publicly puss out? Dana is too arrogant for that.

Expect Khabib to make some sort of public statement and then Dana will punish but not fire Khabib's boy. Otherwise, Dana will cut him loose. If Khabib bails, Dana will find a way to make it look as though he ran Khabib off for jumping the fence. Remember, it only takes one photo of an innocent fan bloodied after the fight and some politician will pull a John McCain and grandstand for the election year. Dana was instrumental in moving MMA away from McCain's "Human Cockfighting" label but it took him years and a ton of work to do so. The athletic commission is something to be feared, but it isn't shit compared to the power of a United States senator on a mission to keep his name in the headlines and his ass in Washington. Dana knows this well. Losing Khabib would cost Dana a fortune, especially if they found a way for him to fight in a rival org. But if Dana isn't careful, he and the UFC could lose a hell of a lot more than money.
As much as I respect his loyalty, I have to agree that he should have put that shit in the DM's otherwise he's forcing Dana into a pissing match. Which Dana will always win over a fighter...

It holds. He can do that but if he ever set foot in the US again he could get snatched up real quick in a lawsuit for breaching contracts.
That's what I mean. I am pretty sure he can just say fuck it and only fight overseas. There really isn't much the UFC can do if he decides not to frequent the states anymore. On another comparison, the UFC had brazilian stars by the balls with contracts because the majority of them actually moved to the States

This is not the same UFC anymore, I doubt Dana has the same bite as before.

Khabib either gets what he wants or goes out the undisputed GOAT who stood up to the UFC's bullshit.

His best win is RDA.

Then Barboza.

Much, much tougher fights than Conor.

If you believe that, it's even more of problem for Khabib since Tony has those wins as well. Plus Pettis and Lee.

Khabib either gets what he wants or goes out the undisputed GOAT who stood up to the UFC's bullshit.

Khabib doesn't have the defenses/top-wins and strength of schedule to be in the GOAT talks.

If you believe that, it's even more of problem for Khabib since Tony has those wins as well. Plus Pettis and Lee.

Tony has much better UFC wins than Khabib, I am not disputing that.

Tony vs Khabib is like Canelo vs GGG for MMA.

Very, very, very high level fight.

The guy on the ground here looks pretty frightened.
after-scoring-the-submission-win-khabib-nurmagomedov-yells-at-conor-mcgregor-leading-to-a-major-brawl-image-via-ufc-on-foxyoutube-screencap_2114541.jpg
That's not fear, that's just someone being broken after receiving an absolute mauling.

Why can't people like you tell the difference? Why don't you have nuance in your thinking? Yes, he probably is and should be afraid, but that's not a picture that shows that.

Khabib doesn't have the defenses/top-wins and strength of schedule to be in the GOAT talks.

But he's got that zero. In the toughest division in the sport. If he dips out early due to UFC bullshit is not a mark against his ability, especially if he keeps fighting in other orgs and winning.

So basically you are becoming as bad as Connie fan boys who for years told us "Conor run this shit"

No thanks

I'd rather have UFC run this shit and make the matches and dole out punishment than fighters themselves. Reasons should be obvious by now to khabib fans - Conor put Khabib on ice for two years running this shit.

Khabib needs to demand to fight Conor again:
1) Don't banish his corners;
2) Corrupt NSAC give him the honest money ASAP;
3) Receive the biggest purse than Conor;
4) No fines.

If not, no rematch and fuck off.

I would prefer that he leaves the UFC now, chin up, proud, undefeated, feared and dignified.

What else can a man wish for?
He can walk in to the sunset like a proud warrior like Ryu.
However, I would want him to fight GSP first.
tenor.gif

But he's got that zero. In the toughest division in the sport. If he dips out early due to UFC bullshit is not a mark against his ability, especially if he keeps fighting in other orgs and winning.

He can't fight in other orgs. At least not in the US nor US based, and none that want to have any relationship with the UFC. Contract. Fighting cans while avoiding top competition doesn't look good.

That zero only counts if he's put together a string of top wins. His best are RDA, McGregor and Barboza. Tony has RDA and Barboza, plus Pettis and Lee. If he were to win the title and defend once he'd have more top wins and a longer UFC streak. No losses is incredibly hard to maintain, but when you look at his record, like 10 of those are nothing wins.

Him ducking out early can be perceived as him avoiding top competition. Whether that's true or not wont matter if the UFC keep offering fights (that they need to offer him every few months to keep the contract valid) and he keeps turning them down.

GOAT isn't just how many wins. It's about strength of schedule. Consistently beating top guys.

DC and Rockhold backing Khabib's statement. The UFC will compromise..

Why nether of them have the drawing power an flamboyants of McGregor. This from someone who hates his antics. His fight drew over 2 million PPV buys an sold out theaters around the world.

You cannot get that from anyone else even if Lesnar returns. You know if another fight with Khabib happens again possibly will do more then 2 million buys.

Khabib cannot on his own no matter who he fights has the ability to draw that much interest. UFC is all about marketing the brand not so much about being concerned about the fighter.

This is the very reason Mayweather an company was willing to fight him. He was a one man marketing machine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back