Khabib is 2nd richest MMA fighter ever?

In terms of earning (not inherited wealth or money made from WWE like Brock), if its true (and I have doubts) that Khabib made 15million, that eclipses the 6million i thought GSP earned.

According to the court documents that came out when UFC and Rampage were having problems, Rampage made $15million in 5 years with the UFC from his UFC salary alone.

GSP will have made faaar more than that.

Aldo got $5million for fighting Conor, I'd assume Diaz made over $10million for both Conor fights combined.

How the fuck did Rorian Gracie make 50 million?

Yeah, there's no fuckin way. That list is entirely discredited just from that.

Rorian was one of the original owners. I'm sure he pocketed most of the PPV money of the original UFC's because the fighters weren't barely getting paid and they were doing decent numbers in the beginning.

"We made some money, yes," Gracie said. "We expected to sell 40,000 pay-per-views with that first edition and sold 85,000. After that, we sold 120,000. It grew fast. By the second or third pay-per-view, Forbes called the UFC the most successful franchise in pay-per-view history."

If its true that he made 15 million last fight, he might be

Rampage more than that during his first tenure with the UFC and I'm sure Ronda, Brock, GSP, Jones with PPV share were making bank.

According to the court documents that came out when UFC and Rampage were having problems, Rampage made $15million in 5 years with the UFC from his UFC salary alone.

GSP will have made faaar more than that.

Aldo got $5million for fighting Conor, I'd assume Diaz made over $10million for both Conor fights combined.
Eye opening sums. I vaguely remember GSp getting 2 million per fight was something rare.

I wonder if aldo ever got his conor fight cheque, I remember him initially saying he never received it yet

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/02/...ain-ufc-career-fighter-earnings-html-fox11-2/

Apparently, athletic commission didn't start releasing purse numbers before UFC 46 and these are as of Sept 23 2018:

1 Conor McGregor* $ 9,542,000
2 Michael Bisping* $ 7,135,000
3 Georges St-Pierre* $ 7,037,000
4 Alistair Overeem* $ 6,979,500
5 Anderson Silva * $ 6,822,000
6 Mark Hunt* $ 5,539,000
7 Vitor Belfort* $ 5,455,200
8 Brock Lesnar* $ 5,080,000
9 Jon Jones* $ 4,875,000
10 Rashad Evans* $ 4,735,000
11 Daniel Cormier* $ 4,646,000
12 Lyoto Machida* $ 4,585,000
13 Dan Henderson* $ 4,400,000
14 Chuck Liddell* $ 4,380,000
15 Ronda Rousey* $ 4,275,000
16 Junior dos Santos* $ 4,255,000
17 Donald Cerrone* $ 4,245,200
18 Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua* $ 4,210,000
19 Tito Ortiz* $ 4,135,000
20 Nate Diaz* $ 4,101,000...

These don't include Khabib's $2 mill or PPV percentages or backroom bonuses and stuff.

So there are a couple problems with this list... First off not all Athletic commissions release purse data... California and Nevada do for sure.. There are some places where there is no AC... I believe the UK is like that, so they do not... Second even if this was complete, this does not include PPV points which are part of a fight contract so not public info... If you go back to when Randy Couture was sueing the UFC for his release his contract was part of the court proceedings so it became public... I think he was making something like $2 per PPV... I have also heard that often that points do not go into affect until a set number is met, like 500,000... Also, of note as far as pay is concerned, there used to always be talk of locker room bonuses. I heard on JRE from Cerrone or Cat Zingano that since WME purchased Zuffa bonuses of this sort no longer happen... Kind of like Chucks paycheck!!!

If its true that he made 15 million last fight, he might be
Nah, Nate made about that much and fought McG twice. Also Brock and GSP made a ton on PPV points. A guy like Tito even said his purse was like 1 million for Ken Shamrock, tho the listed purse was significantly lower.

Dude Google anyone's name + net worth and you'll get the answer.

According to Google :) , Bisping has 6.5mil. So he's not in the top 20.

Yeah I know how google works, it's not really a truth worthy source of information on someone's personal income. Just heard a lot of talk he was one of the highest grossing athletes in the UFC considering his longevity. That list is only taking disclosed pays into account.

Yeah I know how google works, it's not really a truth worthy source of information on someone's personal income. Just heard a lot of talk he was one of the highest grossing athletes in the UFC considering his longevity. That list is only taking disclosed pays into account.

It's a very very very rough estimate.

They might think you have 200mil cause of some deal, then if you blow through all your cash they wouldn't know your updated net worth until you file for bankruptcy.

Dude Google anyone's name + net worth and you'll get the answer.

According to Google :) , Bisping has 6.5mil. So he's not in the top 20.
So here is the problem with the net worth search thingy!!! As far as I can tell all that does is take publically disclosed earnings.. ie $350,000 for UFC xyz and add those up and viola!!! You have a guys net worth supposedly... The problem with that idea is that it does not take into account taxes, coaches, agents etc... So if a someone makes $350,000 for a fight you have to consider at least $70K is right off the top for Coach and Agent... Then taxes take another 25 - 30%.. The F'ed up thing to me is that in my estimation, the fighter gets the $350k of which he owes taxes... Then gives away $70k to management and they have to pay taxes... So by the time all is said and done the fighter gets maybe half his purse in his pocket... So in this case about $175k.. Sounds like a lot to us mere mortals but what about if he doesn't fight for a year... So the moral of the story is it sucks to be a fighter unless your Connor or GSP....Or you live in Brazil.... Just don't get kidnapped... Net worth means what you are worth with property, cash etc... What those google things should say is accumulated gross earnings.....

Maybe not, who knows.

I could see a reason why GSP would have more.

The US has many pro-wrestlers and famous MMA fighters, so if you want to do a commercial you can negotiate. And Canada has only 1 GSP so maybe he gets better deals.

Just guessing...
We pay GSP in syrup and hockey tickets.

So here is the problem with the net worth search thingy!!! As far as I can tell all that does is take publically disclosed earnings.. ie $350,000 for UFC xyz and add those up and viola!!! You have a guys net worth supposedly... The problem with that idea is that it does not take into account taxes, coaches, agents etc... So if a someone makes $350,000 for a fight you have to consider at least $70K is right off the top for Coach and Agent... Then taxes take another 25 - 30%.. The F'ed up thing to me is that in my estimation, the fighter gets the $350k of which he owes taxes... Then gives away $70k to management and they have to pay taxes... So by the time all is said and done the fighter gets maybe half his purse in his pocket... So in this case about $175k.. Sounds like a lot to us mere mortals but what about if he doesn't fight for a year... So the moral of the story is it sucks to be a fighter unless your Connor or GSP....Or you live in Brazil.... Just don't get kidnapped... Net worth means what you are worth with property, cash etc... What those google things should say is accumulated gross earnings.....
mb5hn.jpg

How the fuck did Rorian Gracie make 50 million?
I also don't know how Frank Shamrock is in the top 20. Spent his best years in the dark ages, and his return was entirely outside the ufc. I guess strikeforce must have been ponying up some huge money for him.

Edit: Or bas rutten for that matter. Dude must have been product pedaling hard for the last 10-15 years.

I think it's hilariously shady that UFC used to have tax evasion tactics like back/locker room pay. I believe with WME; they cleaned up a lot of that stuff up and it will become more transparent in the future.
Well, there's a difference between reporting income to the public and reporting income to the IRS.

You think GSP has only earned 6 million? You're crazy.

I think it's hilariously shady that UFC used to have tax evasion tactics like back/locker room pay. I believe with WME; they cleaned up a lot of that stuff up and it will become more transparent in the future.
if the UFC was handing out duffle bags filled with Bitcoin or whatever they would have been hooking the fighters up with tax free money but costing themselves a write off. Costing themselves money to hook up a fighter goes against what every sherdogger says about UFC yet they still believe in these massive backroom bonuses?
if you believe backroom bonuses are real then you shouldn't bash Dana for his treatment or payment of fighters because as a part owner he literally taking money from his pocket and putting it into fighters pockets

net worth = assets - liabilities.
so it can work the other way as well, a fighter could have only earned $350 but if he bought a bunch of Starbucks and Apple stock....

Back