Khabib brags about his punching power

khabib is the weakest puncher in his division
I'm not sure how I'd stack him up versus Lee or Chiesa (I just haven't watched enough of them to assess how good their punching is) but other than that he's easily the weakest standup striker in the top 10.

Not that his standup is terrible. He's got a few unusual strikes that could catch anyone.

And as usual with supreme wrestlers - their striking can be "better than it actually is".
Since they pose a constant takedown threat, and have no fear of getting taken down themselves, they're able to throw risky strikes, and land some easy shots just because their opponent was focused on takedown defense.

Last edited:
Bragging about hitting an unsuspecting old fighter isn't something to be proud of lol.

This!!!!

That's all class, hitting your coach in the face with no headgear as he's folding pads for you.

Then bragging about it ! WTF!!!

Just when I almost start to like this guy, he does some shit that turns me around again.

Did he miss Thea's and hit his coach? I'm honestly wondering what the repercussion of said punch was.

I'm not sure how I'd stack him up versus Lee or Chiesa (I just haven't watched enough of them to assess how good their punching is) but other than that he's easily the weakest standup striker in the top 10.

Not that his standup is terrible. He's got a few unusual strikes that could catch anyone.

And as usual with supreme wrestlers - their striking can be "better than it actually is".
Since they pose a constant takedown threat, and have no fear of getting taken down themselves, they're able to throw risky strikes, and land some easy shots just because their opponent was focused on takedown defense.

He has sloppy technique but he has pretty good power in his punches.

dagestanis are one of the few peoples that look scarier with hair.

His standup doesn't need to be good because opponents are (and should be) terrified of being taken down. Basically one takedown = lost the fight.

It seems like hed just making a joke and a bunch of gossiping offended little girls hiked up their skirts and got on a soap box

That pretty much confirms Khabib was making a joke at his own expense for accidentally hitting his coach while he was trying to hit pads
Crazy how this was not obvious to the general Sherdog population.

This!!!!

That's all class, hitting your coach in the face with no headgear as he's folding pads for you.

Then bragging about it ! WTF!!!

Just when I almost start to like this guy, he does some shit that turns me around again.
he was making a joke about being so bad he hit his coach by accident. His coach was laughing about it and making fun of him in his comments.
Coach Mendez also slipped a bit....

wait....

so let me get this straight.... this is what it looks like to me...

His coach is holding up mits for Khabib to punch.... But Khabib punches him in the face instead and knocks him down... and then proceeds to go to instagram to brag about knocking him down?

If thats the case then Khabib lost me as a fan.

I think khabib is a wolverine his hair is coming forward and not receding

He swings like a drunken sailor.
Yet even Luke complained that Khabib not being around to help him prep for Romero, aided in keeping him in a Florida to prep and train. If an ex MW Champ, the current LHW Champ, and an ex HW Champ, say he hits hard but unorthodox in approach, I would listen to them over any opinion on sherdog or by the media. Then throw in Edgar, Thompson, Fitch, and Shields all saying he's a problem to spar with, and that he has unreal strength plus crazy power, again I listen to them more then any opinion on the internet or on social media.

Back