Khabib being referenced in other media (non-MMA)

Mark my words:

If Khabib beats Tony Ferguson and GSP is able to cut to 155 and beat a top 10 LW.....

We are getting GSP vs. Khabib...marketed as GSP's final fight. It's gonna make $$$....not Conor McGregor money but it's gonna sell.

GSP fighting another top LW (i.e. either than Khabib or the current champion) is very unlikely to say the least.

Hopefully we get another star , crazy how much starpower Conor has to be able to make others popular

Who cares about star power? Is this fighting or keeping up with the Kardashian’s? Khabib is a better fighter and he made Conor look like an amateur. That is what really matters.

It was a baby bear he wrestled, probably with it's teeth removed

That's really brave of him, not. Noobs praise him for it, a real bear has enough strength in one arm to tear his limbs off

Recently he was referenced on The Daily Show on Comedy Central. His name was used as a new slang for choking someone.

A well-known Star Wars youtuber John Talks posted the video of him as a boy wrestling a baby bear.

Almost everyone I know, people who were never into MMA, watched the fight, and after the brawl got curious about Khabib and did some research on him. Now they are in awe of him because he such a unique character.

Have there been any other mainstream media figures talking about or referencing Khabib?

Joe Rogan was talking about him the other day me thinks

Who cares about star power? Is this fighting or keeping up with the Kardashian’s? Khabib is a better fighter and he made Conor look like an amateur. That is what really matters.
If you don't care that's cool

But to attempt to impose your views on someone else is laughable

GSP fighting another top LW (i.e. either than Khabib or the current champion) is very unlikely to say the least.

Then GSP might get an immediate title shot. Dana White right now is saying he doubts GSP can make 155. I think he totally can.

Personally, I think it should be a superfight (not a championship bout) at a catchweight around 160 to 165. Khabib probably prefers to fight at 165. GSP and Khabib seem to be about the same size.

If you don't care that's cool

But to attempt to impose your views on someone else is laughable

I’m just voicing my opinion. A great lesson was learned by both Conor and his fans. I just hope that they all can learn from it.

Why qoute me then

You put an emphasis on star power. I quoted you because that has little meaning to me if the “star” cannot back it up.

Khabib is not as wealthy or as popular as Conor but he is without a doubt a better fighter.

Could you guys for once let us have a lighthearted discussion about Khabib without bringing the whole Conor/Khabib beef and fighter bashing into it????

I mean FFS....

That's the pinnacle of fame right there.

It's just an example of how he has gotten the attention of the SW geek culture crowd. And trust me...that is a big crowd. They organized a boycott that cost Disney and Lucasfilm a 60 million loss on that Han Solo movie (it grossed less than 400 million worldwide, which is insane for a SW movie).

It's just an example of how he has gotten the attention of the SW geek culture crowd. And trust me...that is a big crowd. They organized a boycott that cost Disney and Lucasfilm a 60 million loss on that Han Solo movie (it grossed less than 400 million worldwide, which is insane for a SW movie).
It was all downhill after Jar Jar!

Everyone knows who Conor is, and this is the guy who beat him soundly. Are you really surprised?

You put an emphasis on star power. I quoted you because that has little meaning to me if the “star” cannot back it up.
Khabib is not as wealthy or as popular as Conor but he is without a doubt a better fighter.
Once again your opinion , why qoute me?

You could have posted that with out qouting me

Plenty of others mentioned how Khabib is now a star

If you really didn't care on star power , you could've quoted them but you qouted me

Unless of course you really mean

"i hate conor and can not.think rationally"

Back