Khabib being referenced in other media (non-MMA)

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Recently he was referenced on The Daily Show on Comedy Central. His name was used as a new slang for choking someone.

A well-known Star Wars youtuber John Talks posted the video of him as a boy wrestling a baby bear.

Almost everyone I know, people who were never into MMA, watched the fight, and after the brawl got curious about Khabib and did some research on him. Now they are in awe of him because he such a unique character.

Have there been any other mainstream media figures talking about or referencing Khabib?

Khabib is light at the end of the tunnel for Muslim people after all this crazy terrorist bastards

He is the next big superstar. The eagle jump immortalized him.

And his instagram isn't even really interesting....and rarely uses English.

People care about him. Undeniable at this point.
Hopefully we get another star , crazy how much starpower Conor has to be able to make others popular

He will be forgotten by the next PPV
Conor made him famous but he has nothing to be a mainstream star in the US

Yeah the guy who everyone is calling out including GSP is gonna get forgotten real soon.

Yeah the guy who everyone is calling out including GSP is gonna get forgotten real soon.
Conor won't soon forget

1Ru13ay.gif

Mark my words:

If Khabib beats Tony Ferguson and GSP is able to cut to 155 and beat a top 10 LW.....

We are getting GSP vs. Khabib...marketed as GSP's final fight. It's gonna make $$$....not Conor McGregor money but it's gonna sell.

Only if by "mainstream star" you mean Conor/Ronda/Brock type of stardom (and even then it's debatable). But he is already a bigger name among casuals than most other UFC fighters, and his drawing power is probably on par with somebody like Jon Jones imo.

Recently he was referenced on The Daily Show on Comedy Central. His name was used as a new slang for choking someone.

A well-known Star Wars youtuber John Talks posted the video of him as a boy wrestling a baby bear.

Almost everyone I know, people who were never into MMA, watched the fight, and after the brawl got curious about Khabib and did some research on him. Now they are in awe of him because he such a unique character.

Have there been any other mainstream media figures talking about or referencing Khabib?
Everyone I know still calls him kebab.

Back