Kevin Lee is the one who will take that 0 from Khabib

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm telling you. Lee is by far Khabibs worst match up at LW stylistically. I don't think he will be able to take Lee down consistently and gnp him. Lee is as big as Khabib if not bigger and his wrestling is as good as it gets. Add to that that he is by far the better striker out of the two. Khabib would be in serious trouble. Only way I see the Eagle winning this is by cardio. If he manages to make Lee gas, then he has a chance to possibly win a decision. I would favor Lee heavily though

I'd say Tony or Lee have the best shot.

I believe Lee is a difficult matchup for Khabib but Lee's wrestling is insanely overrated. I think Alvarez or Aldo will be the one to take the zero from Khabib. And for those who laugh at the Alvarez choice - ask yourself: when was the last time Alvarez lost to a wrestler?

/edit: Obligatory Tony as well if UFC seriously is going to spend any pennies on organizing that event for the 4th or 5th time... Which I doubt.

Seems unlikely, cuz to take that 0, he would have to face Khabib in less than a month.

I believe Lee is a difficult matchup for Khabib but Lee's wrestling is insanely overrated. I think Alvarez or Aldo will be the one to take the zero from Khabib. And for those who laugh at the Alvarez choice - ask yourself: when was the last time Alvarez lost to a wrestler?

/edit: Obligatory Tony as well if UFC seriously is going to spend any pennies on organizing that event for the 4th or 5th time... Which I doubt.

Chandler.

I'd watch all 4 or 5. Hell if LW did a 1 night tourny, I might actually pay for it.

I believe Lee is a difficult matchup for Khabib but Lee's wrestling is insanely overrated. I think Alvarez or Aldo will be the one to take the zero from Khabib.

You could argue he wrestlefucked Barboza even harder than Khabib and before getting submitted by Tony he dominated him on the ground easily too. His wrestling is up there with the best of them and he has the frame and strength to keep the fight on the feet with Khabib.

I'd say Tony or Lee have the best shot.

Tony would have a chance to submit him. he isn't going to stop those takedowns though and he lacks the power to knock Khabib out. So the only way for Tony to win is by submission in my opinion. Otherwise Khabib will let that gnp rain down on him

You could argue he wrestlefucked Barboza even harder than Khabib and before getting submitted by Tony he dominated him on the ground easily too. His wrestling is up there with the best of them and he has the frame and strength to keep the fight on the feet with Khabib.

Tony would have a chance to submit him. he isn't going to stop those takedowns though and he lacks the power to knock Khabib out. So the only way for Tony to win is by submission in my opinion. Otherwise Khabib will let that gnp rain down on him
you don't need offensive wrestling vs Khabib, you need defensive wrestling and iirc Lee got taken down by Chiesa - then what could Khabib do?

you don't need offensive wrestling vs Khabib, you need defensive wrestling and iirc Lee got taken down by Chiesa - then what could Khabib do?

Looked more like Lee tripped there. I think he will be able to stuff the majority of takedowns just like Tibau did and possibly even shoot for one himself who knows. If Khabib can't take Lee down and hold him there he is pretty much fucked

Khabib took Iaqunita down 6 times
Iaquinta stuffed Lee 7/8 times

This is MMA Math but boiled down to one discipline so it's the closest measure we have to their wrestling.

Lee is more chinny than Khabib and his striking sucks. I don't see why people even think this would help him. Khabib at least has power/chin, more durability, better fight iq and more determined.

Iaquinta, Barboza (guys who Khabib outstruck) and a bunch of other guys made Lee do the bambi dance. Khabib has never been hurt.

I got Khabib all day.

Tony is his biggest challenge at LW.

Last edited:
Khabib took Iaqunita down 6 times
Iaquinta stuffed Lee 7/8 times

This is MMA Math but boiled down to one discipline so it's the closest measure we have to their wrestling.

Lee is more chinny than Khabib and his striking sucks. I don't see why people even think this would help him. Khabib at least has power/chin.

Lee doesn't have to take Khabib down though so these stats don't really matter.

Also it's funny that you mention his striking sucks as it is infinitely better than Khabibs. Lee will oustrike Khabib easily

Khabib will ragdoll Lee like he did Abel Trujillo <Fedor23>

Gaethje imo has the biggest chance to take that 0. Then Ferg, Eddie and Lee. Lee has weak cardio and chin.

Lee is incredibly overrated....... I see no reason why his fight with Khabib will end up being that different from his fight with Ferguson. He does not have elite stamina and he can't match the pace Khabib and Ferguson put their opponents through.

Conor will take that zero. I am picking the Sambo World champ vs the wrestler.

Lee will stuff Khabib for a round or two at best, then he'll be the first to gas and he'll get overwhelmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back