Kevin Lee is the one who will take that 0 from Khabib

How many does Khabib have ;)

Pretty much the same. However one guy is fighting for the title and the other guy got owned by Ferguson.

I'm not saying Khabib's resume is necessarily better (other than the fact that he is undefeated and has 6 more pro fights, mind you he is 3 years older).

But being undefeated in 26 pro fights even against scrubs is pretty impressive. I simply don't see where Lee is better than Khabib. Could be wrong but given they are both wrestlers with rudimentary striking, I'd favor Khabib everywhere else.

Pretty much the same. However one guy is fighting for the title and the other guy got owned by Ferguson.

I'm not saying Khabib's resume is necessarily better (other than the fact that he is undefeated and has 6 more pro fights, mind you he is 3 years older).

But being undefeated in 26 pro fights even against scrubs is pretty impressive. I simply don't see where Lee is better than Khabib. Could be wrong but given they are both wrestlers with rudimentary striking, I'd favor Khabib everywhere else.

I never said Khabib wasn't impressive. I'm a fan of his and he will smash almost anybody at lw. I just think Lee is a really tough match up for him, that is all.

I never said Khabib wasn't impressive. I'm a fan of his and he will smash almost anybody at lw. I just think Lee is a really tough match up for him, that is all.
You're on to something. I mean, a tough matchup for Khabib will be a guy with good wrestling and good striking. I just don't think Lee is quite good enough in either regard. He doesn't have the same heart either.

GSP and Woodley would be a nightmare for Khabib. I honestly think Tony would be worse for Khabib than Lee because of how active he is off his back and his never ending cardio.

You're on to something. I mean, a tough matchup for Khabib will be a guy with good wrestling and good striking. I just don't think Lee is quite good enough in either regard. He doesn't have the same heart either.

GSP and Woodley would be a nightmare for Khabib. I honestly think Tony would be worse for Khabib than Lee because of how active he is off his back and his never ending cardio.

The last time Khabib failed to take his opponent down he almost lost the fight (Tibau).
I'd argue Lee's wrestling is a lot better than Tibau. Tibau had the size advantage but Lee is a really big guy for the division too. Khabib hasn't really been tested against an elite wrestler like lee. Lee doesn't even have to be a better grappler than Khabib. He just has to be good enough to keep the fight standing which I think he is.

Tibau has a higher TDD% than GSP bro, and he was juiced to the gills.

Lee finishes him.

I assume you are being sarcastic...

Lee has exactly two wins by KO/TKO and Khabib has demonstrated a granite chin. They both have the same number of sub wins (although Lee has one sub loss). I don't see Lee finishing Khabib in any way, shape or form.

His only chance of success is takedowns and top control for the duration of the fight.

Khabib would destroy Kevin Lee lol

The Kevin Lee hype is some of the least earned on all of Sherdog

The last time Khabib failed to take his opponent down he almost lost the fight (Tibau).
I'd argue Lee's wrestling is a lot better than Tibau. Tibau had the size advantage but Lee is a really big guy for the division too. Khabib hasn't really been tested against an elite wrestler like lee. Lee doesn't even have to be a better grappler than Khabib. He just has to be good enough to keep the fight standing which I think he is.

As noted above Tibau has insane TDD and was juiced to the nines against Khabib.

Why on earth would Lee want to keep the fight standing? He has two finishes in his entire career. His only path to victory is takedowns and top control. Neither guy is great on the feet but at least Khabib has never been rocked standing or finished.

You're on to something. I mean, a tough matchup for Khabib will be a guy with good wrestling and good striking.

Khabib is one of the best wrestlers in MMA history, if not the best by a mile. I have a hard time seeing how someone who is merely "good" in wrestling would avoid being wrestlefucked by Khabib. It is debatable if Lee is stronger than Khabib and even if we agree he is I don't see how you can make a case that Lee's wrestling is so good that Khabib can't at least put up a fight. So I don't see how someone like Lee is a bad matchup for Khabib, if anything Khabib is the worst matchup for Lee. He can't do much but wait to be gassed out by Khabib.

As noted above Tibau has insane TDD and was juiced to the nines against Khabib.

Why on earth would Lee want to keep the fight standing? He has two finishes in his entire career. His only path to victory is takedowns and top control. Neither guy is great on the feet but at least Khabib has never been rocked standing or finished.

Lee is mediocre on the feet. Khabib is abysmal. Lee would want the fight standing because then he could outpoint Khabib quite comfortably. He doesn't have to finish him.

Lee is mediocre on the feet. Khabib is abysmal. Lee would want the fight standing because then he could outpoint Khabib quite comfortably. He doesn't have to finish him.

Lol. Ok now you are wasting my time. Lee "outpoints" Khabib on the feet as a path to victory. Has Lee been hanging out with K1 Hughes?

They both suck on the feet. Therefore they will both try to implement their wrestling. Which guy has the better gas tank? Which guy has the better chin?

You're supposing that khabib will be taken down by Lee. Also that khabib can't stand up, if he's taken down.

Firstly, Lee relies on double legs, the fence pressuring his opponents, and rarely the clinch to get his guy to the ground. Khabib excels at avoiding literally all of those positions. And is likely the best fighter in the UFC in the clinch, one of the best at least. Finally even if Lee gets him down, khabib plays an active guard, looking to escape at the first chance. Something other guys Lee dominated did not do well at.

So hypothetically, Lee can't take khabib down, and khabib can't get Lee down, then the advantage is definitely for khabib. Better pressure fighter, uses his jab well, will put Lee's back to the fence and do work, pointing out a victory. Lee's got power and khabib frequently rushes in to pressure, that's Lee's weapon, really his only weapon that makes him dangerous against khabib. I think heavy odds against Lee and rightfully so.

Lol. Ok now you are wasting my time. Lee "outpoints" Khabib on the feet as a path to victory. Has Lee been hanging out with K1 Hughes?

They both suck on the feet. Therefore they will both try to implement their wrestling. Which guy has the better gas tank? Which guy has the better chin?

Khabib sucks on the feet. Yes. Lee i average on the feet. He has the fundamentals down. Khabib doesn't even have footwork

I think Gaethje is made to beat him. The guy never gets taken down, has a wrestling pedigree if he does, and has no interest in fighting on the ground.

Khabib's striking is very basic but it is good enough for him to be called a shit Nate Diaz as a striker....... he exhibits great defense and his jabs are sharp enough to turn Al's face into swiss cheese. In pure striking matches he's probably good enough to beat the majority of the Lightweight fighters outside the top 15.

Khabib sucks on the feet. Yes. Lee i average on the feet. He has the fundamentals down. Khabib doesn't even have footwork

iCgY1Lw.jpg

Khabib's striking is very basic but it is good enough for him to be called a shit Nate Diaz as a striker....... he exhibits great defense and his jabs are sharp enough to turn Al's face into swiss cheese. In pure striking matches he's probably good enough to beat the majority of the Lightweight fighters outside the top 15.

Ehm no, the only reason why his jab was successful against Al was because Al had to crouch down like a frog in order to avoid a takedown. Again, Khabibs success on the feet comes down to his opponents being scared to get taken down, which is the whole reason I think Lee would pose a serious threat to him.

Khabib took Iaqunita down 6 times
Iaquinta stuffed Lee 7/8 times

This is MMA Math but boiled down to one discipline so it's the closest measure we have to their wrestling.

Lee is more chinny than Khabib and his striking sucks. I don't see why people even think this would help him. Khabib at least has power/chin, more durability, better fight iq and more determined.

Iaquinta, Barboza (guys who Khabib outstruck) and a bunch of other guys made Lee do the bambi dance. Khabib has never been hurt.

I got Khabib all day.

Tony is his biggest challenge at LW.

Khabib has a MEAN spinning wheel kick. Good point.

Back