Kevin Lee becoming a draw....? Ratings are in

The JRE podcast painted him in a whole different light, he came across as a pretty cool guy and not the complete obnoxious dickhead that hes been portraying for the past while.
Yes when he sits down for interviews with podcasts, he seems like a cool dude. It's obvious his official UFC interviews are often just to promote a fight (like the Chiesa's mom tickets was great). It is similar with Bisping, although he can just be a bit of an arse at times LOL.

I tuned in to watch Kevin Lee and Cub Swanson.

When Frankie Edgar faced Uriah Faber, I DVR'd and fast fwd'd then deleted.

The UFC Fight Night 128 main card attracted an average audience of 956,000 viewers to Fox Sports 1, according to Showbuzz Daily.

That figure represents the second-highest rating for a UFC Fight Night card thus far in 2018. The card also drew a 0.55 rating in the 18-to-49 demographic.

UFC Fight Night 128 took place at Atlantic City, N.J., this past Saturday night and was headlined by a lightweight clash between Kevin Lee and Edson Barboza, which Lee won via fifth-round doctor stoppage.

You also had Fans of Khabib watching just to see what he does to Barboza since Khabib just fought him.. Not that anyone really cares about Lee or would every buy his fights... But that was a recent fight the Champ had and wanted to see what Lee would do different or how he took it on..

He did the same exact thing as Khabib.. So nothing fancy.. I read one guy say it best.. Lee is a poor mans Khabib..

Last edited:
He has what it takes to be the next big thing if he keeps his head over his shoulders.

He did the same exact thing as Khabib.. So nothing fancy.. I read one guy say it best.. Lee is a poor mans Khabib..

If anything, Khabib is a poor man's Lee.

Lee inflicted more damage and never slowed down even after getting rocked. Khabib was done with doing damage by the end of the second round and just hung on Barboza along the fence.

That chicken dance probably gained him a boatload of casual fans

I think Lee has decent drawing power if he keeps winning; he can't verbally carve up people like Conor but he's still pretty cocky and charismatic - people love that shit.

Meltzer:
The show peaked with 1,092,000 viewers for a heavyweight slugfest with Justin Willis winning a decision over Chase Sherman.

Willis is a draw; Big Pretty future HW GOAT confirmed

If anything, Khabib is a poor man's Lee.

Lee inflicted more damage and never slowed down even after getting rocked. Khabib was done with doing damage by the end of the second round and just hung on Barboza along the fence.

Smh... Yeah Lee would out wrestle Khabib any day lol.

Your also comparing 5 rounds to 3. I hope he did more dmg.

Also Lee had doo much to prove I really don't think Khabib is going in there with the intention to actually hurt these ppl. He just wants the win. Lee like said he was to prove he was better. Stanley leg don't prove your better shows your weak.

But good luck with Lee is better than Khabib I'm sure he dreams too.

I think you'd be surprised. Especially seeing as Lee's gas tank looks fuller while doing more work. It'll be very competitive for the first 2 rounds, then Lee takes over.

The rest of your post is nonsensical conjecture.

He is 25 and already elite in his division. Him becoming a draw or not is definitely questionable but I think there is a very good chance he wins the belt by the time he is 30.

Bro, Khabib fights in his division.

I would like to see Lee become a draw due to his aggressive grappling heavy style but I'm not sure if he is charismatic enough for the gimmick he is doing now.

I think you'd be surprised. Especially seeing as Lee's gas tank looks fuller while doing more work. It'll be very competitive for the first 2 rounds, then Lee takes over.

The rest of your post is nonsensical conjecture.

Keep dreaming bro..

He is a star in the making. I see he has a lot of haters on here for some reason. But if he keeps his head on straight the sky is the limit. He is the youngest and most talented dude in that division. Crazy talented. And he’s getting all the right kind of experience. Experience in big fights. Disappointment in some big fights. But he is growing as a fighter.

Your also comparing 5 rounds to 3. I hope he did more dmg.

Also Lee had doo much to prove I really don't think Khabib is going in there with the intention to actually hurt these ppl. He just wants the win. Lee like said he was to prove he was better. Stanley leg don't prove your better shows your weak.

But good luck with Lee is better than Khabib I'm sure he dreams too.

Khabib Still is untested and unproven mostly. His record looks impressive but he has not really fought and defeated top opponents. Tony was going to be the real test. Instead he got handed a pretty easy fight. Let’s just say if he were to fight Lee in the next competition, he is jumping up about three or four full levels. Al defeated Lee in his first ever UFC fight. He has grown leaps and bounds. His performance against Edson was amazing.

Khabib Still is untested and unproven mostly. His record looks impressive but he has not really fought and defeated top opponents. Tony was going to be the real test. Instead he got handed a pretty easy fight. Let’s just say if he were to fight Lee in the next competition, he is jumping up about three or four full levels. Al defeated Lee in his first ever UFC fight. He has grown leaps and bounds. His performance against Edson was amazing.

What Lee done was what Khabib done.. Khabib done it just a few months before Lee and Lee knew exactly what to do.. For that to me is not that impressive.. But then again what else would Lee do? Stand and fight the whole time..

I mean i get it.. Ppl are like OMG it was sooo Impressive.. Really? That was impressive out of your fighter.. Your kind of down of not giving your boy much props if that was his impressive performance stanky legging it around the ring.. To me it was a good one.. he did beat him but not in no way a spectacular finish.. He did what khabib did but got rocked hard when Khabib didn't..

Its not that Khabib has not been trying to fight harder competition.. Rogan and Tyron put it out there man people have been ducking Khabib they refuse to fight him.. The Tony thing has been tried for 4 times.. They both each missed it 2 each.. So can't help that.. He was going to fight Max or whoever.. He is not ducking..

There is nothing more than I hate Khabib hasn't got to show his true competition yet either.. I don't think right now Lee could go against Khabib and win.. Lee looked good against a guy who has NO wrestling or JJ at all.. Khabib atleast fought a guy who has some pretty damn good wrestling skills.. And has been known to have knock out power.. Was it the best competition it sure didn't look like it.. But Raging Al didn't put on a bad performance as well.. I give Al a top 5 spot if he is more active.. I think he still beats Lee today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back