Keto + Intermittent Fasting

Chad R. Thundercock

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
@Gold
Reaction score
Here we go again. I'm doing another round of IF + KD to strip my body of fat and get ready for the summer.

Here's my old log: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ketogenic-intermittent-fasting-for-cutting.2950687/

Current stats as of 3/9/2017:

Height: 5'11" / 180 cm
Weight: 218 lbs. / 99 kg
BF: 13-14% - Just an estimation. I'm terrible with figuring out body fat percentages.

My training log: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/thunderhead-unchained.3183717/

Targeted macros:

Fat: 200-220 grams
Protein: 170-180 grams
Carbs: <30 grams

Calories: ~2600-3000

Goal: Get down to single digit BF%.

Last edited:
I'm doing Keto + IF currently. Only 1 week in. I've done both before. Just never at the same time.

Only 1 week in and I have some serious fat shedding off. 4 actual pounds of fat in just 7 days. Best results I've ever had. But I'm also only consuming 1400 Calories on off days. And 1600 on Gym days.

Get some PURE from 100% Coconut MCT Oil. I use the ONNIT Brand.

dGsj4Mk.png

Window of feed: 6 hours

I'm doing Keto + IF currently. Only 1 week in. I've done both before. Just never at the same time.

Only 1 week in and I have some serious fat shedding off. 4 actual pounds of fat in just 7 days. Best results I've ever had. But I'm also only consuming 1400 Calories on off days. And 1600 on Gym days.

Get some PURE from 100% Coconut MCT Oil. I use the ONNIT Brand.

What are your height and weight?

What are your height and weight?

Barely under 5' 10'. I weigh 185 in the middle of the day fully hydrated. I think I can get to 175 with hard work and the right Meal plan. But not likely to go under that with my current build.

Barely under 5' 10'. I weigh 185 in the middle of the day fully hydrated. I think I can get to 175 with hard work and the right Meal plan. But not likely to go under that with my current build.

Interesting. 1400-1600 calories a day. And what's your training background, if I may ask?

MMA Mainly. I also ride road and mountain bike. And do a little Ninja Warrior type training for fun.

At that calorie intake, it's rough for sure. But I can't deny results. I couldn't keep up that kind of deficit for more than 3-4 weeks while still training at the intensity I do.

I have a 101 Mile bike race on the 26th (15 days away). I would like to be 180lbs or less by then. People pay $1000s to save ounces on their bike. But still have beer guts. Removing completely useless fat is free and far more beneficial in every aspect...

Morning weight: 217.4 lbs. / 98.8 kg

Feed window: 0 hours (Just ate one huge meal and called it a night)

Jne3hgh.png

MMA Mainly. I also ride road and mountain bike. And do a little Ninja Warrior type training for fun.

At that calorie intake, it's rough for sure. But I can't deny results. I couldn't keep up that kind of deficit for more than 3-4 weeks while still training at the intensity I do.

I have a 101 Mile bike race on the 26th (15 days away). I would like to be 180lbs or less by then. People pay $1000s to save ounces on their bike. But still have beer guts. Removing completely useless fat is free and far more beneficial in every aspect...

Yeah, I totally understand. I used to do a little triathlon training myself. I have a Trek Triathlon bike that's collecting dust in my garage. You don't lift weights? Honestly, I think there's nothing better to preserve muscle and get ripped than a combination of low-carb, high-fat dieting along with weightlifting.

So it's Day 3 and I'm already keto-adapted (or at least that's what my Keto-stix is indicating) and feeling positive effects from this diet. I have more energy and feel more alert during the day, not to mention I don't feel hungry as often as I was when I was previously on a carb-rich diet. Oh, and my moods are stabilized too. Gone are the irritability and rollercoaster-like mood swings of yore. So far, I haven't experience any dips in strength at the gym, so I've got that going for me as well.

Yes I do strength training. My gym days consist of this:

1 hour low/medium intensity work out. Weighted pull ups. 1 legged Squats on a balance ball with medicine ball in 1 hand. Weighted Push ups on rings with feet on large Ab ball. Ab roller. Etc. Etc. I have a routine here that I used to call my warm up. But it's to intense now. So I call it my pre-workout.

Directly into

30 minute high intensity circuit. 4 Laps of 6 different exercises. 20 reps each. No breaks or pauses at all. It's always different and never easy. Weights are just enough that I can barely finish at the end. But light enough where I can do the work properly.

Then into either technical striking or more of a cardio based kickboxing class for 1 hour.

Then into BJJ for and hour and a half to 2 hours.

3 days a week. 4 when I'm lucky. I only do the BJJ class once a week because I have trouble sleeping those days. Non Gym days are bike days as long as it's not raining.

Yes I do strength training. My gym days consist of this:

1 hour low/medium intensity work out. Weighted pull ups. 1 legged Squats on a balance ball with medicine ball in 1 hand. Weighted Push ups on rings with feet on large Ab ball. Ab roller. Etc. Etc. I have a routine here that I used to call my warm up. But it's to intense now. So I call it my pre-workout.

Directly into

30 minute high intensity circuit. 4 Laps of 6 different exercises. 20 reps each. No breaks or pauses at all. It's always different and never easy. Weights are just enough that I can barely finish at the end. But light enough where I can do the work properly.

Then into either technical striking or more of a cardio based kickboxing class for 1 hour.

Then into BJJ for and hour and a half to 2 hours.

3 days a week. 4 when I'm lucky. I only do the BJJ class once a week because I have trouble sleeping those days. Non Gym days are bike days as long as it's not raining.

that's a lot of time working out in one day, damn.

Sunday
March 12, 2017

Today is my carb up/cheat day. I had a dinner consisting of ribeye (350 grams), fried shrimp, baked potatoes, flour tortilla, beans, and salad topped with bleu cheese. Had a full sleeve of Canelitas cookies afterwards. Total fasting time: 25 hours.

I don't know how calories I ate, so I'm going to pull a number out of my ass and say about 2600 calories.

I realized that I haven't posted a photo of my physique yet. I'll do one tomorrow.

Monday
March 13, 2017

Did another day of carb load.

Total fast time: 18 hours
Window of feed: 6 hours

Let me know at the end how the IF and KD worked out. I know of a few people who have done both and I personally would go insane combining the two; solo I can do each (and currently Keto preparing for my net BJJ tourney on the 25th and I have 11lbs to go).

And here's me after my morning training today:

Morning weight: 215.4 lbs

Let me know at the end how the IF and KD worked out. I know of a few people who have done both and I personally would go insane combining the two; solo I can do each (and currently Keto preparing for my net BJJ tourney on the 25th and I have 11lbs to go).

Once I reach my goal and conclude this diet I'll do a write-up detailing my experience in regards to my strength, body composition, psychology, etc.

Don't worry. This thread will deliver.

I want to mention that I drink a lot of black coffee and sugar-free energy drinks during the day, and I also take an ECA stack and 15 grams of BCAA prior to my training sessions. Since these have no or negligible calories, they will not be listed in my food log.

Back