Kenny Florian's body of work

Johnny213

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
UE78U54.png

Florian noted that “Everything in fighting begins and ends with the feet.” Where Wylie wrote as follows

screenshot-begins-with-feet.png

Florian – “This means he steps with his lead foot towards his opponent and then slides his rear foot the same distance to retain his base. There’s not much space between the soles of his feet and the canvas as he works to regulate distance and offset his opponent’s alignment.”

screenshot-re-alignment.png

Florian – “After circling to his left and ending in southpaw stance for example, he will abruptly step in and strike with a left hand just as his opponent begins to follow

wylie-screenshot-abrutply.png

Florian – “Dillashaw relies on the inherently simplistic jab as the cornerstone of his arsenal more than Cruz

screenshot-re-jab.png

Florian.jpg

giphy.gif

I just noticed the "BJPenn.com". Haa

Florian also noted that “Everything in fighting begins and ends with the feet.” Where Wylie wrote as follows

Florian – “This means he steps with his lead foot towards his opponent and then slides his rear foot the same distance to retain his base. There’s not much space between the soles of his feet and the canvas as he works to regulate distance and offset his opponent’s alignment.”

Florian – “After circling to his left and ending in southpaw stance for example, he will abruptly step in and strike with a left hand just as his opponent begins to follow

Florian – “Dillashaw relies on the inherently simplistic jab as the cornerstone of his arsenal more than Cruz

screenshot-re-jab.png

http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2016/01/Florian.jpg

It's insane how blatant it is. What a fraud.

Florian also noted that “Everything in fighting begins and ends with the feet.” Where Wylie wrote as follows

screenshot-re-jab.png

Florian.jpg

Damn. I thought he only stole one paragraph. He might as well just have posted the whole video as his.

I see what you were talking about in the other thread. I did not know he stole this much. I thought it was a few words here and there

That's funny but he was analyzing a different fighter though he lifted that quote, no doubt, but he has to learn from somewhere as we all.

He should have gave credit, I guess.

Sucks to learn that Florian is a plagiarist. Always thought he conducted himself well, as a fighter, analyst, and host. Now he looks terrible.

What's sad is how he's defending himself on Twitter. He won't let go of the fact that he lifted entire passages, and insists it was just a sentence or two. The guy went through high school and Boston college, so he's been taught about the importance of citing work, but chose to ignore it.

If this were real journalism, he would be fired outright. But because it's sports "journalism" he only gets suspended. If writers want to be taken seriously, they need to ban him and blacklist his work. Sorry, but you can't tolerate theft in writing; it's one of the worst things you can do.

Incredibly funny.
I think florian made a mistake he will NOT be making again

That's funny but he was analyzing a different fighter though he lifted that quote, no doubt, but he has to learn from somewhere as we all.

Did you not read the second reply? He lifted more than one quote.

Imagine his reaction when he'd been found out. LOL

That quote? There are 6 in the OP. Nearly a word for word copy. Some of it is.

Career suicide. He's done a Fox. What a glorious day.

Imagine his reaction when he'd been found out. LOL
That sinking feeling, in the first few seconds he's calculating how bad it's going to get, thinking about whether more shit will hit the fan, connecting the discovery to potential money losses...
What a mess, an unnecessary mess

Back