Kenny Florian's body of work

From the title, expected this

What Florian did was awesome. Both Lee Wylie and Willie Pep deserve more recognition.

I get so frustraded when these bums are talking about "neo" footwork. Like Cruz or Ludwig invented lateral movement. Willie Pep was doing that shit over half a century ago.

EmotionalPleasedGelada.gif

What a stupid thing to do and to potentially piss away such an awesome gig. I personally do not think he deserves to get the gig back. Sorry but lame is lame. Also I am sure it will be used as more ammo to dump on the sport....

So stupid...

What a stupid thing to do and to potentially piss away such an awesome gig. I personally do not think he deserves to get the gig back. Sorry but lame is lame. Also I am sure it will be used as more ammo to dump on the sport....

So stupid...

What he did was wrong.

In a couple months, it will be forgiven and forgotten.

And Kenny will be back with the mic in his hand.

Are you going to cite where you got that image from, TS, or are you going to just swipe it and post it as if you made it yourself? Never go full Kenny.

Kenny Florian is a fraud.

He tries to talk like Chael, tries to dress like Conor, and now he's plagiarising Willie Pep's work?

Kenny "The Fraud" Florian needs to get floored.

What he did was wrong.

In a couple months, it will be forgiven and forgotten.

And Kenny will be back with the mic in his hand.

I can assure you he won't. Not even Fox takes plagiarism kindly. And there's dozens of people who'd kill for a job that he had.

Are you going to cite where you got that image from, TS, or are you going to just swipe it and post it as if you made it yourself? Never go full Kenny.
I got it from Reddit. Hopefully Fox won't fire me.

come on you guys he taught me everything i know about pcs under a very obvious pen name

51HlHIc16RL._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

what's disappointing is that this plagiarizing came from a fighter. I would expect fights to be more knowledgeable that they wouldn't need to copy from others. oh well. I still like kenny and hope he gets his job back eventually. he already got suspended for it

What's crazy is how easily he could have rewritten all the same information with new sentence structures and been perfectly fine. Damn it Kenny I would have done that for you for $25 an hour.

You only do that when you lack the knowledge yourself. A lot of times you get a guy like Kenny breaking down striking or a guy like Bas Rutten breaking down grappling (in Metamoris) and its a joke. They couldn't be more out of their depths.

Sucks to learn that Florian is a plagiarist. Always thought he conducted himself well, as a fighter, analyst, and host. Now he looks terrible.

What's sad is how he's defending himself on Twitter. He won't let go of the fact that he lifted entire passages, and insists it was just a sentence or two. The guy went through high school and Boston college, so he's been taught about the importance of citing work, but chose to ignore it.

If this were real journalism, he would be fired outright. But because it's sports "journalism" he only gets suspended. If writers want to be taken seriously, they need to ban him and blacklist his work. Sorry, but you can't tolerate theft in writing; it's one of the worst things you can do.
No man he was a cheap ass fighter. Im serious, go back and watch his fights he will constantly grab the cage on purpose to stop the takedown. Worst case in the sean sherk fight. I beleive he was even quoted as saying its a good strategy because you get a warning before they take the point. He also worked for cut finishes on several occasions just trying to bleed someone out of a fight. Im glad he got busted for this, confirms for me at least, that hes just a cheap cheater and all the dislike i've had for him for years.

Florian noted that “Everything in fighting begins and ends with the feet.” Where Wylie wrote as follows

screenshot-begins-with-feet.png

Florian – “This means he steps with his lead foot towards his opponent and then slides his rear foot the same distance to retain his base. There’s not much space between the soles of his feet and the canvas as he works to regulate distance and offset his opponent’s alignment.”

screenshot-re-alignment.png

Florian – “After circling to his left and ending in southpaw stance for example, he will abruptly step in and strike with a left hand just as his opponent begins to follow

wylie-screenshot-abrutply.png

Florian – “Dillashaw relies on the inherently simplistic jab as the cornerstone of his arsenal more than Cruz

screenshot-re-jab.png

Florian.jpg

giphy.gif

gHGkWT6.gif

Back