Kelvin should just hire a good nutritionist like Khabib just did and go back to WW

Dint kelvin submit bubba mcdaniel who is 6'4. I am sure he can touch rockhold's chin. I like both so i dont mind either winning.

You're missing my whole point which is that Rockhold had a significant reach advantage over Romero (certainly looked like more than 3.5") and that UFC provided fighter measurements are unreliable at best. What Romero and Kelvin have in common is the ability to close the distance by leaping in and throwing bombs once they close that distance. Kelvin is even faster than Romero.

Rockhold could definitely win, but he better come in ready to grapple and try to use his size advantage to smother Kelvin on the ground like Weidman did. Rockhold doesn't have Weidman's takedowns though. Unbelievable top control, fairly average takedowns.

No, because weight cutting is gay.
This.

Kelvin is probably closer to LHW than WW, he’s fine where he’s at. The rest of these big fucks like Chris and Luke should be fighting at 205.

This is why I’ll always respect Mirko, guy was Weidmans size and fought HWs his entire career. Cutting a lot of weight is a dicktuck move.

diff too small. plus, no way he drops Luke, that's a 6 inch reach advantage. Model boy kicks his head clean off.
Gastelum has a similar reach to Romero who sent rockholds head past the bleachers, Gastelum is faster and way more technical than romero.

Gastelum has a similar reach to Romero who sent rockholds head past the bleachers, Gastelum is faster and way more technical than romero.
No he does not have a "similar reach to romero". I already said so in a previous comment.

You're missing my whole point which is that Rockhold had a significant reach advantage over Romero (certainly looked like more than 3.5") and that UFC provided fighter measurements are unreliable at best. What Romero and Kelvin have in common is the ability to close the distance by leaping in and throwing bombs once they close that distance. Kelvin is even faster than Romero.

Rockhold could definitely win, but he better come in ready to grapple and try to use his size advantage to smother Kelvin on the ground like Weidman did. Rockhold doesn't have Weidman's takedowns though. Unbelievable top control, fairly average takedowns.
I don't agree that Kelvin is faster offensively, only his dodging reflexes seem to be comparable or better than romero.
but as i said before, the same height measurements for these guys seem the same in pre-ufc career, i even went and checked Kelvin's Rage Cage announcements, same numbers as well. though I'm aware the UFC fucks up a few times, yet u boldly call someone else dumb while repeating the same rubbish addressed in a previous comment.

Gastelum has also certainly beaten nobody at mw to give him the cred that fans do as I've shown in the OP. actually sit down and compare all these reaches both in numbers and pics before responding. If you think that's a waste of time... well, you have no say in something u don't actually know then, or that also dumb.

anyway, if u think his infighting is enough, I disagree, and also doubt his power will translate against a legit prime MW. It will end like this in headkick form imo:
HitmanHearns.gif~c200

And it is consensus that Duran is one of the greatest fighters in boxing history and his run at LW dwarfs what hearns has done at ww before this fight both in skill and accomplishment.

Funny how everybody forgot Kelvin ducked Romero(yes teh manager said it, but he never even tried to denied it).

Kelvin said he was willing to fight romero iirc recently but just not in brazil. He is fighting jacare who is just as big as romero anyway.

actually sit down and compare all these reaches both in numbers and pics before responding. If you think that's a waste of time... well, you have no say in something u don't actually know then, or that also dumb.

Confirming my initial suspicions... damn, you're dumb. Fights aren't contested on paper and as I said before, the UFC measurements are unreliable at best. Yes, sitting down and comparing the numbers is a complete waste of fucking time.

I think more people should follow Kelvin and fight in a healthier weight class rather then Kelvin dropping down back to WW.

Confirming my initial suspicions... damn, you're dumb. Fights aren't contested on paper and as I said before, the UFC measurements are unreliable at best. Yes, sitting down and comparing the numbers is a complete waste of fucking time.
oh really... Ironically, you've been confirming ur dyslexic or some other form of retard urself.
I keep saying they've had the same measurements outside/before the UFC(i only mentioned the UFC's once, but u seem too dumb to realize it then parrot it), and in every picture side by side he looks dwarfed if you compare their bodies side by side in different angles(bisping, romero, rockhold, kelvin) Rockhold looks to have a giant reach over him. Weight classes exist for a reason, guys with massive physical disadvantage would get crushed super easily even against the lesser skilled.
Fights aren't contested on paper? lol everything you say or argue regarding a prediction on a fight between fighters that never happened is just shit on paper mixed with ur personal subjective opinion. You're just not putting any effort into thinking about it or into the "papers" which makes ur opinion relatively invalid shit for lack of effort(aka, romero and kelvin can both box and both re smaller than luke). actually look at each fighter's pics with ur eyes... romero is obviously noticeably bigger than Gastelum.

Don't get butthurt cause someone disagrees with you, especially when you're not putting the effort to backup your side. If you repeat addressed points once again, I will exit the convo and recommend maybe some concerta.

oh really... Ironically, you've been confirming ur dyslexic or some other form of retard urself.
I keep saying they've had the same measurements outside/before the UFC(i only mentioned the UFC's once, but u seem too dumb to realize it then parrot it), and in every picture side by side he looks dwarfed if you compare their bodies side by side in different angles(bisping, romero, rockhold, kelvin) Rockhold looks to have a giant reach over him. Weight classes exist for a reason, guys with massive physical disadvantage would get crushed super easily even against the lesser skilled.
Fights aren't contested on paper? lol everything you say or argue regarding a prediction on a fight between fighters that never happened is just shit on paper mixed with ur personal subjective opinion. You're just not putting any effort into thinking about it or into the "papers" which makes ur opinion relatively invalid shit for lack of effort(aka, romero and kelvin can both box and both re smaller than luke). actually look at each fighter's pics with ur eyes... romero is obviously noticeably bigger than Gastelum.

Don't get butthurt cause someone disagrees with you, especially when you're not putting the effort to backup your side. If you repeat addressed points once again, I will exit the convo and recommend maybe some concerta.

Please take your own advice. I don't need measurements to backup my points because my points aren't based on measurements. They're based on fighting styles. Kelvin has a damn good chin, good power, and he's really good and leaping in and out to cover distance to get inside to land bombs. Rockhold has good kicks, shitty punches, shitty boxing defense, and no chin. Yeah, I can definitely see Kelvin exploiting these holes with the tools he has to work with.

Ironically, that's what I thought about you from the start. Sometimes I'm shocked some people here can operate a keyboard. Well, at least you seem like a decent human being.

looking at both romero and rockhold arm length from different angles and checking pre UFC tale tapes seem to be the same thing as well.

Gastelum would have to give away a massive physical disadvantage against Rockhold reach-wise.

Look at Kelvin's t-rex arms for fucks sake...
Bisping-vs.-Gastelum.jpg
ufc199_weighin_039.jpg

Yep, definitely not touching rockhold, anybody that ever stepped in the ring with lanky much bigger guys would relate.

gif-4-1.gif

b3c628914b416b869fa7145a9b83be25

Kelvin has good boxing and an iron chin... he'd probably retire Rockhold tbh

No he does not have a "similar reach to romero". I already said so in a previous comment.

I don't agree that Kelvin is faster offensively, only his dodging reflexes seem to be comparable or better than romero.
but as i said before, the same height measurements for these guys seem the same in pre-ufc career, i even went and checked Kelvin's Rage Cage announcements, same numbers as well. though I'm aware the UFC fucks up a few times, yet u boldly call someone else dumb while repeating the same rubbish addressed in a previous comment.

Gastelum has also certainly beaten nobody at mw to give him the cred that fans do as I've shown in the OP. actually sit down and compare all these reaches both in numbers and pics before responding. If you think that's a waste of time... well, you have no say in something u don't actually know then, or that also dumb.

anyway, if u think his infighting is enough, I disagree, and also doubt his power will translate against a legit prime MW. It will end like this in headkick form imo:
HitmanHearns.gif~c200

And it is consensus that Duran is one of the greatest fighters in boxing history and his run at LW dwarfs what hearns has done at ww before this fight both in skill and accomplishment.

Funny how everybody forgot Kelvin ducked Romero(yes teh manager said it, but he never even tried to denied it).

lmfao what does Duran losing to Hearns have to do with anything? yeah no shit it was like a foot long reach disadvantage against another ATG at 160

and if anything Duran is the perfect example of talent and technique being able to transcend multiple weight classes and size disadvantages

Please take your own advice. I don't need measurements to backup my points because my points aren't based on measurements. They're based on fighting styles. Kelvin has a damn good chin, good power, and he's really good and leaping in and out to cover distance to get inside to land bombs. Rockhold has good kicks, shitty punches, and shitty boxing defense. Yeah, I can definitely see Kelvin exploiting these holes with the tools he has to work with.
good chin against live MWs? Nope...
Good speed against MW with live reflexes? Nope...

Good power against live MWs? Nope, He couldn't even finish Hendrix's fat corpse at MW, who's the only person not nearing 40 he fought there, and is a ww, and was KO'ed by lower tier fighters after in Costa and Boetsch.

Someone missed the whole point of the thread which is in the title.
Cool story trying to back up a claim that the measurement of reach is irrelevant in fight... literally the top list reason why striking sports have weight classes.

Even Derek Brunson would be a safe bet against Kelvin so far.
Rockhold kick his head off and finishes the job with an RNC.

Last time he fought someone longer and lanky this happened when he was trying to go inside(and failing):
hi-res-2cae9d9a4f5cc79d61e7e5ced919c7c4_crop_north.jpg

If he gets into situations like this against luke^ he'll just frustrate himself.

Let's not get me started on the clinch:
2EAFCC5800000578-3329097-image-a-4_1448183993516.jpg

and if kelvin does attempt a td after that frustration ala conor/diaz(which would be tempting considering is base as a wrestling coach), he will get mauled.

Gastelum should be a huge underdog against luke. Size does matter kids.

Someone missed the whole point of the thread which is in the title.

You are legit dumb as fuck or you're so full of yourself and your own opinion that you don't actually bother to read the posts in your own thread. Maybe both. That's a dangerous combination, son.

Yep, I think he's a title contender at WW. The elite MWs are just too big for him. He'd probably KO salty Luke, but the rest of the top MWs handle him.

He doesn't need a nutritionist, he needs discipline. His bones aren't too dense (wtf does that even mean), he's not really thick, he hasn't put on too much mass. He's a short and stocky wrestler who can EASILY lose 10-15 pounds of fat. If he did that, cutting to WW would be easy. I don't care about Gastelum and never will, he's talented but he won't find much success against elite MWs. He could be a top contender at WW if he decided to stop eating like a pig.

He could hire Hany fuckin Rambod (the guy who helps pro bodybuilders get shredded) and it wouldn’t change a thing if he don’t control HIMSELF

You are legit dumb as fuck or you're so full of yourself and your own opinion that you don't actually bother to read the posts in your own thread. Maybe both. That's a dangerous combination, son.
I did read that, I addressed it as well. and as I said Rockhold should not be an exception of size considering he probably has the longest reach out of all of them.
But good job copying exactly what I said about you "being so full about ur own opinion" that you were replying things that were addressed before. Good job looking like a retard throughout the whole convo.

i rather just stop this now, we'll agree to disagree about his chances against rockhold and hope the fight just gets made eventually.

Just wish he'd just fucking take the diet thing more seriously like khabib did, it's his career after all...

Pretty sure not allowed back at WW. He wants to go back.

He would ktfo brunson. He will ko jacare as well. Luke isnt a bad matchup honestly. He has regressed. I actually think he can beat romero and i love romero. Gastulem is only 5 foot 8. Romero is 5 10 max. I have seen romero in person gastulem's worsr matchup is weidman ans thats about it. If he can avoid weidman then he can win the title.

Back