Kelvin should just hire a good nutritionist like Khabib just did and go back to WW

Just look at his body. It's not like he's carrying a bunch of extra muscle; he's very soft in the midsection, i.e. fat, i.e. poor dieting habits.

shrug, this thread has devolved into:

you: "it's easy, all he has to do is not eat burritos"
me: "obviously it's not easy - if it were he wouldn't have missed weight multiple times"
you: "just look at his body, it's easy"

apparently we disagree. i'm sure my opinion sounds just as ludicrous to you as yours does to me. not sure how, but it must. cheers.

shrug, this thread has devolved into:

you: "it's easy, all he has to do is not eat burritos"
me: "obviously it's not easy - if it were he wouldn't have missed weight multiple times"
you: "just look at his body, it's easy"

apparently we disagree. i'm sure my opinion sounds just as ludicrous to you as yours does to me. not sure how, but it must. cheers.

How was he making ww before and performing well in the division up until his latter fights?

Yep, I think he's a title contender at WW. The elite MWs are just too big for him. He'd probably KO salty Luke, but the rest of the top MWs handle him.

Yep, I think he's a title contender at WW. The elite MWs are just too big for him. He'd probably KO salty Luke, but the rest of the top MWs handle him.
diff too small. plus, no way he drops Luke, that's a 6 inch reach advantage. Model boy kicks his head clean off.

Hire a top nutritionist and pay him with what? his Reebok money?

Kelvin is a HW. 215-225 at least. built like DC. Round and thick. It all he could do to make 185 these days.

If he cuts to 170 ppl will says he's beating up men half his size. No pleasing SD.

diff too small. plus, no way he drops Luke, that's a 6 inch reach advantage. Model boy kicks his head clean off.

Luke had a huge reach advantage over Romero too and still got KTFO. Like Romero, Kelvin is pretty good at leaping in to cover the distance rapidly and throw bombs. That's what he did to Weidman rocking him pretty good once and overall I think Weidman is a lot more sound with his boxing defense than Rockhold is.

Woodley never fought at Middleweight.

Kelvin needed a towel and a 2nd try to make 186 last time, his bones have become too dense to make 170 consistently. The weight cut will only get tougher as he gets older.

Lol awesome this idiot got banned.

"His bones have become too dense" ahaha classic

Lmfao he’s too fat and lazy for that sherbro

It's a shame Kelvin isn't into wrestling. His short stocky physique seems perfect for it. Similar to both Ilir Latifi and DC.
It might be too late to teach and old dog new tricks for Gastellum. Otherwise, wrestling would be a great addition to his fantastic boxing. Would be fun to see Gastellum picking up other middleweights and slamming them on their heads.

It is his optimum fight weight, for many reasons, and he himself said it so many times.

Idk, what's going through his head sticking to MW like that. He has no business being there, same as Robbie and Maia whom dropped from MW for a reason.

I think the fans hype for it brainwashed him from common sense. his only accomplishment at MW is lasting to the third against The Chris.

His so called run:
- Vitor's 40 year old dusty corpse coming off a losing streak.
- Bisping's last minute replacement, fresh off a bloody title fight, detached retina, and a 38th birthday
- Hendrick's fat ghost from WW
- Over 2 year lay off Kennedy

ffs, he moved up after a lose to MAGNY!
He likes carne asada burritos w/ cheese n sour cream. Prob washes it down w/ modelo

Luke had a huge reach advantage over Romero too and still got KTFO. Like Romero, Kelvin is pretty good at leaping in to cover the distance rapidly and throw bombs. That's what he did to Weidman rocking him pretty good once and overall I think Weidman is a lot more sound with his boxing defense than Rockhold is.
Luke had a 3.5 inch reach advantage over romero only.
Luke has almost double that against Gastelum.
That's certainly not comparable at all.

Luke had a 3.5 inch reach advantage over romero only.
Luke has almost double that against Gastelum.
That's certainly not comparable at all.

You trust UFC measurements? How many times have we seen fights where one foghter is towerong pver the other yet they're listed at the same height or maybe an inch different? Luke sure looked like he had a lot more than 3.5" of reach advantage to me.

You trust UFC measurements? How many times have we seen fights where one foghter is towerong pver the other yet they're listed at the same height or maybe an inch different? Luke sure looked like he had a lot more than 3.5" of reach advantage to me.
That last thing you said doesn't make any sense... reread what I used that number for...
i said his reach is 3.5 inches longer than romero, not that that he has 3.5 inch reach like a pet cat.
If you meant that you think he has a lot more than 3.5 inch reach advantage over romero, then you agree with me even more.
No way Gastelum touches Rockhold. he'd look like a skyscraper next to him.

Kelvin should put the bong down first of all, if he wants to stick to a diet and develop overall discipline. Just looking at him you know he's the kind of guy that gets the munchies.

That last thing you said doesn't make any sense... reread what I used that number for...
i said his reach is 3.5 inches longer than romero, not that that he has 3.5 inch reach like a pet cat.
If you meant that you think he has a lot more than 3.5 inch reach advantage over romero, then you agree with me even more.
No way Gastelum touches Rockhold. he'd look like a skyscraper next to him.

Not trying to be a dick but damn, you're dumb.

You need to eat properly all year around if you want to drop down a division, you can't just eat what ever you want and then hire a nutritionist 8 weeks before the fight, unless you want to end up like Hendricks in the end of his career. Gaining and dropping a lot of weight constantly is definitely not good for you.

It's a shame, because it seems like Kelvin is wasting his career right now. He's way too short and small for 185. In terms of quality mass, he wouldn't be the biggest person in 170 either.

He said himself in an interview that he has absolutely no discipline when it comes to diet. Maybe he will change his mind if he gets smothered by another wrestler like Weidman.

Not trying to be a dick but damn, you're dumb.
Ironically, that's what I thought about you from the start. Sometimes I'm shocked some people here can operate a keyboard. Well, at least you seem like a decent human being.

looking at both romero and rockhold arm length from different angles and checking pre UFC tale tapes seem to be the same thing as well.

Gastelum would have to give away a massive physical disadvantage against Rockhold reach-wise.

Look at Kelvin's t-rex arms for fucks sake...
Bisping-vs.-Gastelum.jpg
ufc199_weighin_039.jpg

Yep, definitely not touching rockhold, anybody that ever stepped in the ring with lanky much bigger guys would relate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back