Karolina Kowalkiewicz Vs Jodie Esquibel @ UFC Fight Night Poland (Polish brahs gtfih!)

Well that's it

The card is saved!

http://www.polskatimes.pl/sport/a/k...hcial-ze-mna-walczyc-w-tym-terminie,12454524/

Posted on Karolina's official Facebook, not translated to English but looks like she has a fight with Invicta fighter Jodie Esquibel. Don't know much about her opponent but WAR POLISH PRINCESS!
View attachment 272581

Wikipedia says Esquibel is an atomweight who was on TUF few years back, and is 7-7-1 as a boxer and 6-2 in MMA with losses fo Grasso and Alex Chambers. Not too shabby.

Obvious fight of the night candidate, neither girl knows how to step back

Yes! This completely saves the Gdansk card for me!

Looks like Grasso beat the brakes off Jodie. JBG will be pleased with this one.

d001c47b2bf721dddf77dd1cf53109b8.gif

This should be a fun rebound fight for KK!

Love KK...

ArtisticBlushingCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Wikipedia says Esquibel is an atomweight who was on TUF few years back, and is 7-7-1 as a boxer and 6-2 in MMA with losses fo Grasso and Alex Chambers. Not too shabby.
Esquibel is a Jackson-Wink product, and fights like it. She's really quick, and she has nice kicks. That being said Esquibel is gonna be smaller, and KK will be better in the clinch and on the ground.

My guess is KK mauls her in the clinch a la Rose to a UD

should be an easy win for KK but Jodie is a fun fighter.

Im told it was meant to be KK v Maryna Moroz, contracts all ready and then Moroz pulled out ,not for the first time bottling out of fight..

Esquibel is a Jackson-Wink product, and fights like it. She's really quick, and she has nice kicks. That being said Esquibel is gonna be smaller, and KK will be better in the clinch and on the ground.

My guess is KK mauls her in the clinch a la Rose to a UD

Nice breakdown. I'm happy that the division is getting depth. It can't be just stars at the top and one-and-done oart-timers at the bottom. Having experienced mid-tier talent allows for development, rebound fights, etc. I'm not calling Esquibel a stepping stone by any means - I'm applauding the fact that KK gets a credible opponent after 2 tough losses, instead of a squash match or another contender.

should be an easy win for KK but Jodie is a fun fighter.

Im told it was meant to be KK v Maryna Moroz, contracts all ready and then Moroz pulled out ,not for the first time bottling out of fight..
Lol. Heard she did the same to Cortney Casey and Jessica Aguilar, who both ended up fighting each other after they both realised Moroz turned them down. Moroz vs. Casey is a fight I wouldn't mind, I had expected KK vs. Moroz, was really surprised to see Jodie but great to see her make it to the UFC.

In terms of the fight, I think KK will use the clinch and take a decision. Super excited to see her back in the cage again.

Lol. Heard she did the same to Cortney Casey and Jessica Aguilar, who both ended up fighting each other after they both realised Moroz turned them down. Moroz vs. Casey is a fight I wouldn't mind, I had expected KK vs. Moroz, was really surprised to see Jodie but great to see her make it to the UFC.

In terms of the fight, I think KK will use the clinch and take a decision. Super excited to see her back in the cage again.

funny considering last time she was in poland she was mouthing off at Joanna about coming for her belt.

moroz is full of crap.

funny considering last time she was in poland she was mouthing off at Joanna about coming for her belt.

moroz is full of crap.

I too am disappointed in Moroz. With the right amount of PR and athletic development, she could have catapulted off her surprise (at the time) win over Calderwood and into the top (as the division wasn't /still isn't that deep, and is in need of storylines). Instead, she is 3-2 with often lackluster performances, and not really showing the hands that her boxing pedigree lets us believe she posseses.

Back