Kamaru Usman never surpassed Matt Hughes

You said Hughes only fought Americans which is patently false, so I gave you two examples otherwise. I said nothing else. Everything else you're arguing is moving the goalposts.

If that guy was Anderson Silva, then I really wouldn't care.

And I also I don't care because Sakurai himself is a quality win. And he sure as hell is a better win for the time than beating Masvidal for a second time for no reason when he got dominated in his first fight with Usman. Do you think otherwise? If no, then shut the fuck up.

You're still going on about that? I literally don't care about whether Pele was a top WW or not. He probably was, but I never thought about it because that's totally irrelevant right now.

Stop dancing around the topic. We're comparing the wins of Hughes and Usman, not whether the UFC was the best org at the time or whether Hughes had access to every possible fight on the planet. You might have actually had a point to make if the UFC was feeding Hughes cans. But they weren't.

Sherk, Sakurai, Penn, GSP, Trigg. Are they good wins? Yes or no?

If yes, then shut the fuck up about Hughes' missing the chance to fight Sakuraba and Hendo and Nick Diaz and Aoki and Anderson Silva and whoever else you're moaning about in other orgs. Jesus Christ dude.

Hughes beat quality competition in his title wins. They match Usman's title wins. That's literally all I'm trying to say. You're incredibly irritating the way you avoid the actual topic of discussion.

Im saying he didnt beat the best guys his size out of North America, who were to a large extent fighting for better money in Japan, specially Brazilians whose top gyms were tied with Pride

Not just Silva - who soundly beat Sakurai just before he challenged Hughes - or Pele - who KOed Hughes in another org - but even legit fighters as Kondo or Suloev got the call
by UFC to get matched up vs guys 20+lbs heavier than them as Liddel/Tito instead of the champion of the same size. Not because they asked for it, or would not accept a shot for the WW tittle.

Its is not Hughes fault its sill true: Usman was tested in a more legitimate 170lbs circuit, even relative to their respective times.
Educate yourself.
Woodley also did, but he had a way shorter, less dominant run who doesnt trumps Hughes own great career but Usman did some time ago now.

The numbers you attached to the names of their opponents in the OP are BS and based on FightFinder who didnt even exist back then.

Usman's challengers had more top ranked wins at WW. Who were best WWs wins for Trigg, Sherk or Sakurai, let alone Castillo or lesser challengers, when they fought Hughes?
They were good, even great by LW standards, but not as legitimate at WW as you pretend with those FightMatrix numbers

Usman had a better pre championship run, more legitimate challengers, and more quality losses in majority decisions vs the next generation, unlike Hughes

Last edited:
Colby Covington already made the same joke you did 4 years ago. Imagine being such a lame pathetic basement dweller like yourself that you regurgitate old Colby Covington jokes lmao.
you already said that. source? or too busy trying to figure out how to blow matt hughes?

you already said that. source? or too busy trying to figure out how to blow matt hughes?

The postfight interview after his fight with Robbie Lawler. Your weird homophobic insults also may be a little closer to home than you realize.

Colby Covington already made the same joke you did 4 years ago. Imagine being such a lame pathetic basement dweller like yourself that you regurgitate old Colby Covington jokes lmao.
nevermind I did your work for you. Not all Matt Hughes train jokes are equal, mine is far superior to Colby's.

Colby said:
“Let’s talk about the lesson we learned tonight that Robbie should have learned from his good buddy Matt Hughes,” Covington said on the mic after the win. “You stay off the tracks when the train is coming through, junior. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Trump train or the Colby train, stay out the way.”

nevermind I did your work for you. Not all Matt Hughes train jokes are equal, mine is far superior to Colby's.

It’s still as lame as you are. There’s also nothing wrong with being gay. You can come out of the closet if you want to as you seem to be obsessed with homosexual jokes.

Oh my freaking god for crying out loud Stop trying to diminish fighters just cause
they arent to your liking. USMAN Is NUMBER TWO or could be ONE depending
on your criteria. Im sorry Colby johny hendrix carlos conduit,nick Diaz, and rory
couldnt measure up to greatness but thats on them. deal with it.

It goes
GSP
USMAN
TYRON
MATT HUGHES
[Maybe robbie]
theres no way in hell matt hughes is number 2. the top three
are
GSP USMAN AND TYRON.
you good bro? you sound like you might not be good bro

Confirmation that you dont have a clue about the landscape back then.

Just because other orgs didnt have a 170lbs division doesnt mean there werent fighters of Hughes capable of challenging for his tittle. There werent standarized weigthclasses as there is today.
Some had 180, other 175, others 165, etc. Others not even any of those. It was all over the place.

Of course there were fighters from Brazil, Japan or Russia who could challenge for his tittle. They simply werent getting an offer from UFC, or they did coming off a loss, as Sakurai

The moment Bustamante vacated the UFC MW belt to go fight Pride for better money, automatically he didnt qualify as a top MW? Because he went to fight for Pride at 205? That's the stance you are taking here.

Further confirmation that you dont know about the sport back then.
FightMatrix was created in 2008, and is dramatically flawed for anything that happened in the sport before that time. It isnot very reliable even for modern MMA, but to reference FightMatrix for anything from early-mid '00s basically disqualifies you from any serious discussion tbh
tbh i dont think you know anymore than he does

The problem was Newron was out as well when Hughes slammed him on his head,...should have been ruled a no contest.
They gave Hughes the win because he was unconscious on top, while Newton was out cold on the bottom.
Yeah top control lol...
Hughes is GOAT and it burns you chump

Do you even know who any of who these people or are you just parroting everything your daddy Schaub says?

On average they are both : more skilled and better athletes than what GSP fought.

You're the ony who doesn't know of what he's talking about, hence why your complete delusional comparison between Hughes and Usman while Usman is league above Hughes in any possible way.

It’s still as lame as you are. There’s also nothing wrong with being gay. You can come out of the closet if you want to as you seem to be obsessed with homosexual jokes.
Nah, my joke was way better than Colby's if you look at the detail. Continue defending overrated domestic violence perps. Not sure why you are talking about "there's nothing wrong with being gay". I totally agree with you. There's nothing wrong at all with you wanting to blow Hughes and Schaub.

On average they are both : more skilled and better athletes than what GSP fought.

You're the ony who doesn't know of what he's talking about, hence why your complete delusional comparison between Hughes and Usman while Usman is league above Hughes in any possible way.

So you don’t think if the older fighters like Hughes were privy to modern doctors/medicine, better gyms/training partners, bigger paychecks, etc. they’d be better than they were?

Nah, my joke was way better than Colby's if you look at the detail. Continue defending overrated domestic violence perps. Not sure why you are talking about "there's nothing wrong with being gay". I totally agree with you. There's nothing wrong at all with you wanting to blow Hughes and Schaub.

Are you off your meds? When did I ever say anything about Schaub? Are you having an outburst/episode little buddy?

different eras. goofy to compare. they were both amazing. the end

Are you off your meds? When did I ever say anything about Schaub? Are you having an outburst/episode little buddy?
are you not aware of your own silly signature? you say something about Schaub in literally every post :D

are you not aware of your own silly signature? you say something about Schaub in literally every post :D

The quote in my signature is obviously mocking Schaub’s own delusions. You really are a short bus rider aren’t you?

So you don’t think if the older fighters like Hughes were privy to modern doctors/medicine, better gyms/training partners, bigger paychecks, etc. they’d be better than they were?

It's a relevant argument so maybe, indeed.

However, i don't know why a good athlete would go in MMA in the first place at that time ?

I mean, even today, money can be an issue while they get much more money today.

It's a relevant argument so maybe, indeed.

However, i don't know why a good athlete would go in MMA in the first place at that time ?

I mean, even today, money can be an issue while they get much more money today.

What other sport would’ve actually paid you money to compete as a high level wrestler besides pro wrestling?

The quote in my signature is obviously mocking Schaub’s own delusions. You really are a short bus rider aren’t you?
there is nothing clear about it, homie. Do you even know what your own sig says? One thing that is clear to me is that you are a "last word" kind of guy, so I will bid you adieu at this point. Have a good weekend and have fun typing your reply to this!

Jesus dude don't make me laugh. You think someone like Maia or Masvidal was more athletic than Hendricks, Koscheck, Alves, Condit, BJ Penn...?

Name one fight you watched by ANY of the people I just named. I know you can't because you don't watch people fight, you just parrot what Brendan Schaub says.

Last edited:
I like Usman but Hughes would have pounded Masivdal and Edwards into dust. Two or more depending how you count of the best Usman wins

Last edited:
Back