Justin Bieber of Shooting Vids!

And that's as a matter of Policy?

What happens if you step outside the box?
800px-thief-1911ls-1.jpg
I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know, during training and I just ignore the stuff I don't want to do (like ejecting fully loaded mags at the end of the shift without catching them and letting them fall to the ground). Instructors don't see what I do on a day-to-day basis and as long as I pass my annual qualification, who are they to complain?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why they teach what they teach; it's essentially catering to the lowest common denominator.

I've always felt they're one of the most natural feeling/natural pointing pistols I have ever shot.

Everyone I have held it feels SUPER comfortable in hand. Even my 14 round double stack Para though it feels large feels comfortable.

I only have one and it's comped.

I dig it so much I'm having another one only 1 inch longer, (what she said)

Pros:
Trigger, its fucking-a and never changes.
200grn bullets @ 1150fps without undue recoil or excessive wear to the gun.

Cons:
Was $1200 back in 1991 dollars.
Only 8 rnds
58,000rnds it finally broke the stock extractor.
Heavier than plastic guns.

Overall I have to say I fucking Dig 45. comp-guns.

About to have my 2nd comp gun finished, so I'll have fault tolerance.

I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know, during training and I just ignore the stuff I don't want to do (like ejecting fully loaded mags at the end of the shift without catching them and letting them fall to the ground). Instructors don't see what I do on a day-to-day basis and as long as I pass my annual qualification, who are they to complain?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why they teach what they teach; it's essentially catering to the lowest common denominator.

So they wouldn't actually hassle you for not using their prescribed technique? I mean if your effective you're good to go.

Do those same instructors actually shoot like that?

So they wouldn't actually hassle you for not using their prescribed technique? I mean if your effective you're good to go.

Do those same instructors actually shoot like that?
I've gotten grief during training and qualifications, but with my scores, they're not exactly in a position to complain.

That grip isn't popular, but when you have an officer struggling to pass, it's not uncommon for instructors to throw shit on the wall to see what sticks, until someone can get a passing score; changing someone's grip seems to be one of the first things they go to.

I've gotten grief during training and qualifications, but with my scores, they're not exactly in a position to complain.

That grip isn't popular, but when you have an officer struggling to pass, it's not uncommon for instructors to throw shit on the wall to see what sticks, until someone can get a passing score; changing someone's grip seems to be one of the first things they go to.

Do you get to choose calibers, or is it strictly 9mm?

on the topic of 1911s.

i have a fairly low cost turkish 1911 i got just before leaving the navy. the only times i've had issues with it, has been when chambering a round that has been previously chambered before.

as long as the ammo is fresh, i have no problems with it, and carry it daily for personal use, and carry it as my duty weapon for work.

on the topic of 1911s.

i have a fairly low cost turkish 1911 i got just before leaving the navy. the only times i've had issues with it, has been when chambering a round that has been previously chambered before.

as long as the ammo is fresh, i have no problems with it, and carry it daily for personal use, and carry it as my duty weapon for work.

No sloppy seconds!
@Cubo de Sangre

That guy is a gear queer but he can bang. He's allot better and his drills jive more with how things are done at several schools. I mean you have people out there following Instructor Zero for fucks sake.

I'll comment on this mag well grip. Once upon a time I did that, in combat, because Sarge said so. Years later I attended actual training for cqb and I threw that out completely - you don't learn real cqb as an infantrymen.

I don't care the situation I'm using a c grip and I want rails that let me get my hand out as far as possible. Most guys agree. Occasionally you see a dude holding that mag well, in which case I use my old motto. If he's hitting the target and scoring well - I don't say anything.

Less control is not superior. Slower transitions, less leverage, inferior weapon and muzzle control.

You can point to infantry troops that could have had as little as a couple 100 rounds behind a rifle before being deployed as experts but I'll take the advice of multiple sof veteran instructors. Also I'll go

green-berets.jpg

171116-A-IG423-787-640x427.jpg

1000w_q95.jpg

sf-cqb-hr.jpg

2GR5OYB64RBXDK6QVZYPF3WHCA.jpg

BN-WM962_201712_12S_20171208105115.jpg

This is correct. I know these techniques very well. We've become more adaptive and change our curriculum to what works, doesn't matter who it comes from. There are drills and techniques that we have 100% stolen from civilians. If it works, it works.

I'll admit I'm not a great shooter (especially with a pistol) and while I get what he's saying about this... spend the money on ammo and training...

But for how my hands are I need to always chop up/customize a Glock a bit. Front serrations on slide, keep the finger grooves but get rid of the one at the bottom of the grip (allow for slim carry type magwells and it just feels better), I always swap out sights and carve out a little of the underside of the triggerguard as before I did that the damn thing would chew up my hands.

That guy is a gear queer but he can bang. He's allot better and his drills jive more with how things are done at several schools. I mean you have people out there following Instructor Zero for fucks sake.

I'll comment on this mag well grip. Once upon a time I did that, in combat, because Sarge said so. Years later I attended actual training for cqb and I threw that out completely - you don't learn real cqb as an infantrymen.

I don't care the situation I'm using a c grip and I want rails that let me get my hand out as far as possible. Most guys agree. Occasionally you see a dude holding that mag well, in which case I use my old motto. If he's hitting the target and scoring well - I don't say anything.

This is correct. I know these techniques very well. We've become more adaptive and change our curriculum to what works, doesn't matter who it comes from. There are drills and techniques that we have 100% stolen from civilians. If it works, it works.
I've only seen a few instructor zero videos, one was him and some knife guy doing stuff in knife vs gun, but the only others I think I saw with him were of him training wildlife rangers in Africa to help them deal with poachers. are most of his videos just BS for shits and giggles?

I've only seen a few instructor zero videos, one was him and some knife guy doing stuff in knife vs gun, but the only others I think I saw with him were of him training wildlife rangers in Africa to help them deal with poachers. are most of his videos just BS for shits and giggles?

Yo-Dawg-I-Heard-You-Like-Justin-Bieber-600x485.jpg

Back