Justin Bieber of Shooting Vids!

i think 90% of these courses are bullshit and the only real thing gained from them is weapon familiarity and confidence

Yeah, If they're lucky.

How many more do you think come away with bad habits?

Best guy to watch is Andrew from GY6

Best guy to watch is Andrew from GY6

I'd rather listen to people who have used weapons on operations than someone who reviews them for a living.

If they are discussing it for run and gun competitions/hunting/hobby or whatever fine, but it in no way makes them qualified to broadcast how a weapon/caliber is efficient at killing etc or what weapon drills are best for real situations.

"This round is so big, you can only fit 10 in a magazine, but with this size that is all you need"- just watched one of that guy's videos briefly. In what way is he an authority to comment on things like this is my point.

I'd rather listen to people who have used weapons on operations than someone who reviews them for a living.

If they are discussing it for run and gun competitions/hunting/hobby or whatever fine, but it in no way makes them qualified to broadcast how a weapon/caliber is efficient at killing etc or what weapon drills are best for real situations.

"This round is so big, you can only fit 10 in a magazine, but with this size that is all you need"- just watched one of that guy's videos briefly. In what way is he an authority to comment on things like this is my point.

I imagine someone who's hunted his entire life is qualified to talk about hunting which is generally what he covers, he does cover things like home defense but it's more along the lines of the practicality of the average joe getting a weapon out of a fancy hidden gun safe and the like.
Unlike most reviewers he will give bad reviews on ammunition that is simply bad even when they pay him to review it.

I know many current and former soldiers, including one navy special forces (In Australia) and I find that generally they know less about weapons than I do, simply because they only need to know the weapons they will use or encounter. I'd say that Andrew from GY6 is far more qualified to talk about weapons than my friend who is in the special forces because he simply knows far more about them.

I imagine someone who's hunted his entire life is qualified to talk about hunting which is generally what he covers, he does cover things like home defense but it's more along the lines of the practicality of the average joe getting a weapon out of a fancy hidden gun safe and the like.
Unlike most reviewers he will give bad reviews on ammunition that is simply bad even when they pay him to review it.

I know many current and former soldiers, including one navy special forces (In Australia) and I find that generally they know less about weapons than I do, simply because they only need to know the weapons they will use or encounter. I'd say that Andrew from GY6 is far more qualified to talk about weapons than my friend who is in the special forces because he simply knows far more about them.

Oh I agree hobbyists know more about weapons than most soldiers other than armorers or soldiers who are not hobbyists themselves. But when it comes to weapon drills/training/application of the tool then i wish theyd shut the fuck up about 'tactical' things in general.

Oh I agree hobbyists know more about weapons than most soldiers other than armorers or soldiers who are not hobbyists themselves. But when it comes to weapon drills/training/application of the tool then i wish theyd shut the fuck up about 'tactical' things in general.

He doesn't often cover the tactical side of things. He mostly reviews different types of ammunition, arrows and the like, he has a fair few videos that are just for fun like using the Wasp injection knife on various objects. But overall I find him to be far less annoying than other reviewers. Of all of them though I cannot stand FPS Russia.

He doesn't often cover the tactical side of things. He mostly reviews different types of ammunition, arrows and the like, he has a fair few videos that are just for fun like using the Wasp injection knife on various objects. But overall I find him to be far less annoying than other reviewers. Of all of them though I cannot stand FPS Russia.

Yea he seems decent, you know the types I mean though..gentex helmets and jumping around with 10k of gear etc..cringey as fuckkk. I'd rather have the rednecks at least they're honest about their background lol

Yea he seems decent, you know the types I mean though..gentex helmets and jumping around with 10k of gear etc..cringey as fuckkk. I'd rather have the rednecks at least they're honest about their background lol

yeah I cannot stand people who act like they were or are military and have all the gear, but just come off as try hards.

Shit like THIS clown is what pisses me off. He's talking about wrist over grip as 'the best grip' to use because of some competitive shooting bullshit, but its not practical to use because A- if you have armor on its hard as fuck to steady your rifle easily, B- you cant move through tight areas and round corners very well, and C- it tires you out. Military guys like magwell grip or vert grips close to the magwell because its easy and fast to bring your sight up for snap shots and lower it back down as you move around and transition. You will almost NEVER see an actual COMBAT rifle kitted with a fucking vert grip 15+ inches from the the damn receiver. its retarded and uncomfortable for anything but quick shooting drills.

fun thing to do. do a GIS for 'US ARMY IN IRAQ' and just look at all the combat troops holding their rifle the 'wrong' way according to THIS douche-canoe. Because Mr. 'i shoot gongs at 10 feet for 5 seconds' knows more about weapon usage than a bunch of combat infantry guys balls deep in bad guy country.

Shit like THIS clown is what pisses me off. He's talking about wrist over grip as 'the best grip' to use because of some competitive shooting bullshit, but its not practical to use because A- if you have armor on its hard as fuck to steady your rifle easily, B- you cant move through tight areas and round corners very well, and C- it tires you out. Military guys like magwell grip or vert grips close to the magwell because its easy and fast to bring your sight up for snap shots and lower it back down as you move around and transition. You will almost NEVER see an actual COMBAT rifle kitted with a fucking vert grip 15+ inches from the the damn receiver. its retarded and uncomfortable for anything but quick shooting drills.

fun thing to do. do a GIS for 'US ARMY IN IRAQ' and just look at all the combat troops holding their rifle the 'wrong' way according to THIS douche-canoe. Because Mr. 'i shoot gongs at 10 feet for 5 seconds' knows more about weapon usage than a bunch of combat infantry guys balls deep in bad guy country.

not just that but carrying a fuck ton of gear you hold the weapon differently. depending on unit/country and the armor issues... many guys basically had to resort to using their bicep because they couldnt shoulder the weapon properly let alone this guy's stuff

I don't know about tactical shit, but he seems to get rounds on target quickly from a draw or ready position. Looks consistent in his form. Maybe not a great soldier, but appears to be one heck of a shooter.

I don't know about tactical shit, but he seems to get rounds on target quickly from a draw or ready position. Looks consistent in his form. Maybe not a great soldier, but appears to be one heck of a shooter.
Yep. That style of shooting is awesome if you don’t wear gear, don’t need to move or transition to targets at different planes and heights and don’t have to shoot for more than 20 seconds or shoot at anything over 20 yards or have to use cover.

It’s a competition gong ringer that’s about as practical for tactical shooting as Olympic one handed pistol shooting is to a LEO

Yep. That style of shooting is awesome if you don’t wear gear, don’t need to move or transition to targets at different planes and heights and don’t have to shoot for more than 20 seconds or shoot at anything over 20 yards or have to use cover.

It’s a competition gong ringer that’s about as practical for tactical shooting as Olympic one handed pistol shooting is to a LEO

I've shot three or four 3 gun matches in my life. I wanted to like them, but they never struck me as, I don't know, high level marksmanship? 10-75 yards was the rifle stages. I didn't feel it was that difficult to hit a big ass IPSC target at those distances with a rifle, regardless of this hold or that. That Long-arm technique looks like some try-hard style for instagram posts. I tried it a couple shots, felt stupid and went back to simply holding the rifle as needed.

Do you think it's that much better potentially for speed? Reckon it could be perception as much as performance? I'm too cheap to waste ammo testing it. I never thought ARs kicked much anyways, especially after adding muzzlebreaks like those guys do, certainly not like rapid fire with 168gr 30 cals in a boltgun.

He had a couple good guys come onboard, (why they wanted to associate with him professionally I'll never know), and eventually bullshitted a sale of the Company to someone. Credit to his marketing. I think there's more people interested in looking cool and wearing costumes to the range than making accurate hits these days. He capitalized on that.
if the marketing was good and he was successful, why not? sounds like he turned a sketchy situation into something decent if he had actual teachers.

look at reid henrichs, he was with tactical response and now he has his own massive place to run his own classes out of.

So what firearms skills are valuable "tactically"?
  • Long-range accuracy
  • Drawing from a holster
  • ???

Most current instructors that I've seen, many that are decorated sof veterans teach that technique and shit on magwell grip.

Back