Just watched Gokhan Saki vs Henrique da Silva

Wtf? No kickboxer or boxer on the planet thinks that way

Lmao true but there's slightly less pressure on being dropped. In MMA if you are rocked and dropped you are basically fucked most of the time and will lose the entire fight seconds later. Boxers and kickboxers have a much higher chance to recover if they go down.

He is Mike Perry level at best

So pretty much top 15
Lol. All of a sudden Perry is "pretty much top 15".

Looking forward to the day when he will be "a gatekeeper at best". Let me take a guess: if he becomes champ you'll be like "he won't have many defenses anyway".

Lol. All of a sudden Perry is "pretty much top 15".

Looking forward to the day when he will be "a gatekeeper at best". Let me take a guess: if he becomes champ you'll be like "he won't have many defenses anyway".

Only reason I said that is cause that's what UFC has him ranked at

Man that was worse than I thought. Saki ate 3000 punches,got outclinched badly(he started running at some point to avoid the clinch) ,gassed in litterally 3 minutes and was getting tagged bad by da Silva who was just throwing wild hooks lol. And he was fighting against a guy who's mediocre at best and an excellent stylistically matchup. I hope there will be some "this guy could be champion with 6 months of grappling training" less now lol.

I haven't watched the fight yet, but the "K1 level" striking is overrated as hell on Sherdog.

Only reason I said that is cause that's what UFC has him ranked at
That's what I'm saying.

One day you will feel the love and wisdom of our dear leader Platinum Mike Perry. He comes to bang, just like the ruthless one.

Lmao true but there's slightly less pressure on being dropped. In MMA if you are rocked and dropped you are basically fucked most of the time and will lose the entire fight seconds later. Boxers and kickboxers have a much higher chance to recover if they go down.
In boxing and kickboxing you automatically lose the round. In a three round kickboxing match you can't win the fight unless you finish you're opponent or get a knockdown in return

If you get back to your feet and the ref sees you are still clearly wobbled the fight is called off

They are also more likely to stop the fight standing in boxing and kickboxing

Guys recover from being rocked or dropped in mma all the time

Man that was worse than I thought. Saki ate 3000 punches,got outclinched badly(he started running at some point to avoid the clinch) ,gassed in litterally 3 minutes and was getting tagged bad by da Silva who was just throwing wild hooks lol. And he was fighting against a guy who's mediocre at best and an excellent stylistically matchup. I hope there will be some "this guy could be champion with 6 months of grappling training" less now lol.

Exactly my thoughts. I didn't get all the "SAKI IS A BEAST" hype. Violent end, but he looked awful. Got gassed and got wobbled by an elbow just before the KO against a 3rd tier opponent.

I guess you've never been dead tired. The man was dominating the stand up for the first 4:00 of the fight and he still finished him at the end

one question ? how do you eat 3000 punches and then call it gassing?

Who cares? This is fucking Gokhan Saki, just appreciate the man for not being afraid to step in the octagon, a completely different sport, and putting on a show that everyone appreciates and loves!!

People can talk all the shit they want. The Saki fight was more entertaining than any top level mma fight I've seen I a while. Quite frankly it's been getting boring until a guy who is totally green but still puts 100 percent into every fight regardless of who he's fighting stepped in always trying to finish people.

Back