Just rewatched Maldonado v Fedor.

Maldonado didn't win, but neither did Fedor.

It was a draw.

Everyone claiming it should have been a 10-8, really needs to get educated on how judges give scores. 10-8s are for one sided rounds only and Fedor was doing damage to Maldonado for a large percentage of that round.

a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;
a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
a round is to be scored as a 10-7 round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

It was a 10-8 round by those standards as it wasn't close to be a 10-9

Everyone claiming it should have been a 10-8, really needs to get educated on how judges give scores. 10-8s are for one sided rounds only and Fedor was doing damage to Maldonado for a large percentage of that round.

Maldonado's beatdown started at 3:45 left in the round. Prior to that Fedor had a roughly 15 second flurry against the cage and another very short flurry. Large % of that round? Lol - ok dude.

chael sonnen disagrees with you

@ :50 seconds in for the sound bite

a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;
a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
a round is to be scored as a 10-7 round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

So,...

"a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round."

Pay attention to the wording here.

Your post and the definition here absolutely prove, beyond doubt, that it could not be a 10-8 round.

Maldonado took a beating during the first half of this round. So much so that his face was already swollen and showing signs of blunt force trauma.

He then caught Fedor and delivered a brutal beatdown, but could not finish him.

Fedor recovers, starts attacking again, forcing Maldonado to turn and run.

Fedor won the majority of that round, but when he got caught, it was brutal. He still recovered and actually had Maldonado retreating.

If you are retreating, you are not dominating. If your face is swollen by 1/4 size, you did not dominate.

It was a clear 10-9 for Maldonado.

Maldonado's beatdown started at 3:45 left in the round. Prior to that Fedor had a roughly 15 second flurry against the cage and another very short flurry. Large % of that round? Lol - ok dude.

I love how large percentage changes to fit your point of view.

I mean, I can load up the fight and time for how long Fedor had cage/ring control in that round.

You won't be happy with the result though.

chael sonnen disagrees with you

@ :50 seconds in for the sound bite

That's fine, he can disagree with me.

He is also known to say things on purpose to piss people off, for publicity or a sound bite.

He is also a felon, who scammed and lied to people.

I also don't know if he has any experience at all in judging or officiating.

But if that's who you trust, more power to you.

So,...

"a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round."

Your post and the definition here absolutely prove, beyond doubt, that it could not be a 10-8 round.

Maldonado took a beating during the first half of this round. So much so that his face was already swollen and showing signs of blunt force trauma.

Fedor won the majority of that round, but when he got caught, it was brutal. He still recovered and actually had Maldonado retreating.

If you are retreating, you are not dominating. If your face is swollen by 1/4 size, you did not dominate.

So the beating that Fedor got on the ground where he was nearly finished means nothing

Yeah whatever you say . . .

So the beating that Fedor got on the ground where he was nearly finished means nothing

Yeah whatever you say . . .

No, it means alot.

The Ref could have called it and I would have accepted it.

But I have proven it was not a 10-8 round. You don't award a 10-8 because you were impressed by one aspect of what you saw.

Everything else counts too and you 10-8 people are the ones trying to ignore the rest of the round.

I thought it was a draw, but Fedor definitely won 2 out of 3 rounds.

That's fine, he can disagree with me.

He is also known to say things on purpose to piss people off, for publicity or a sound bite.

He is also a felon, who scammed and lied to people.

I also don't know if he has any experience at all in judging or officiating.

But if that's who you trust, more power to you.

Yeah he's been known to do all that and he's a felon, i know that. He also works as an analyst and been fighting forever, so I think he has some credibility. And that's just one example. I don't think it would be terribly hyperbolic to suggest you're in the (vast?)minority on this 10-9 Maldonado stance, and for good reason. Also, one of the judges that FEDOR hand picked gave it 10-8 Fabio

No, it means alot.

The Ref could have called it and I would have accepted it.

But I have proven it was not a 10-8 round. You don't award a 10-8 because you were impressed by one aspect of what you saw.

Everything else counts too and you 10-8 people are the ones trying to ignore the rest of the round.
It wasn't a "close margin" either like a 10-9 round is defined.

Fedor landed a few punches many blocked and Maldonado nearly finished Fedor on the ground so much that when Fedor got to his feet looked like he had a liter of Vodka running through his veins.

It was a 10-8 round.

I love how large percentage changes to fit your point of view.

I mean, I can load up the fight and time for how long Fedor had cage/ring control in that round.

You won't be happy with the result though.

Go ahead and do that for me. From 3:45 on, Fedor had nothing. Last time I checked the abacus, that comes to 25% at best.

Let's not act like we should be surprised the scoring was shady. You do know the background of this, right? The conflict of interest that existed with Fedor as President of Russian MMA Union and the head of judges having a working relationship with him? When WMMMA had three independent judges score, all three scored 28-28. Media outlets had 4 out of 5 scoring 28-28. The majority of fans scorecards submitted to MMADecisions have it 28-28. You are in the minority here.

Yeah he's been known to do all that and he's a felon, i know that. He also works as an analyst and been fighting forever, so I think he has some credibility. And that's just one example. I don't think it would be terribly hyperbolic to suggest you're in the (vast?)minority on this 10-9 Maldonado stance, and for good reason. Also, one of the judges that FEDOR hand picked gave it 10-8 Fabio

You would be wrong.

The vast majority of officials said that was a 10-9 round for Maldonado.

The majority of judges AT THE EVENT, said that it was a 10-9 round for Maldonado.

I also proved it was a 10-9 round, using the exact wording from a post made against me and my position.

It's not an opinion, there are clear rules for giving a 10-8 round and he did not meet the requirements.

Again, you 10-8 people want to ignore the rest of the round. I don't do that, I don't have an agenda.

Go ahead and do that for me. From 3:45 on, Fedor had nothing. Last time I checked the abacus, that comes to 25% at best.

Let's not act like we should be surprised the scoring was shady. You do know the background of this, right? The conflict of interest that existed with Fedor as President of Russian MMA Union and the head of judges having a working relationship with him? When WMMMA had three independent judges score, all three scored 28-28. Media outlets had 4 out of 5 scoring 28-28. The majority of fans scorecards submitted to MMADecisions have it 28-28. You are in the minority here.

The scoring was fair.
The one judge that was appointed by Fedor's commission, is one that scored it 10-8 against him.

So are you saying that was a corrupt score?

You people just have a hate for Fedor and anytime he has a little bit of adversity, you get a boner and want to see the fight stopped right away.

What really pisses you off, is that he recovers, then wins the fight. So you just start screaming about conspiracies and all kinds of funny shit.

Ultimately, you guys don't know anything about what you are talking about.

I mean some of you mention 10-7s when the round clearly didn't even qualify for a 10-8.

The hate and motivation is pathetic.
Had he lost that fight, I would have said so.

BTW, even using your numbers, 25% means Maldonado did not dominate the round, therefore no 10-8. See, I walked you into that.

Just accept it and move on.

It wasn't a "close margin" either like a 10-9 round is defined.

Fedor landed a few punches many blocked and Maldonado nearly finished Fedor on the ground so much that when Fedor got to his feet looked like he had a liter of Vodka running through his veins.

It was a 10-8 round.

See, you don't understand that close margin is one end of the spectrum.

10-9 ranges from a close margin, all to way up to large margin, just before domination. Domination is a 10-8.

It was a 10-9 round.

I've proven it, over and over and you guys are just saying, "nuh uh" lol.

You would be wrong.

The vast majority of officials said that was a 10-9 round for Maldonado.

The majority of judges AT THE EVENT, said that it was a 10-9 round for Maldonado.

I also proved it was a 10-9 round, using the exact wording from a post made against me and my position.

It's not an opinion, there are clear rules for giving a 10-8 round and he did not meet the requirements.

Again, you 10-8 people want to ignore the rest of the round. I don't do that, I don't have an agenda.

Vast majority of what officials? I'm talking about the MMA universe as a whole in which you have the minority opinion. There are just a lot of people who are in the MMA business who scored that fight 10-8

Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub both scored it 10-8 for Maldonado
@ 11:08

Obviously I don't need to point out their credentials. Not sure why you brought up Chael as a felon, as if he was the only guy who scored it 10-8 and attacking his sketchy character would somehow bolster your argument significantly. Yes, chael can be a goon but he can also be quite candid

Appreciate your stance, but yeah. You aren't more qualified than a bunch of guys who either get paid to analyze, participate directly in or get paid to watch the sport. And even if you were you'd still be in the minority, so you lose either way

btw are you assuming i have an agenda? seems like it. clarify

Last edited:
Vast majority of what officials? I'm talking about the MMA universe as a whole in which you have the minority opinion. There are just a lot of people who are in the MMA business who scored that fight 10-8

Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub both scored it 10-8 for Maldonado
@ 11:08

Obviously I don't need to point out their credentials. Not sure why you brought up Chael as a felon, as if he was the only guy who scored it 10-8 and attacking his sketchy character would somehow bolster your argument significantly. Yes, chael can be a goon but he can also be quite candid

Appreciate your stance, but yeah. You aren't more qualified than a bunch of guys who either get paid to analyze, participate directly in or get paid to watch the sport. And even if you were you'd still be in the minority, so you lose either way

btw are you assuming i have an agenda? seems like it. clarify

You are bringing in pro UFC shills, who have always been against Fedor as evidence?

None of these people are judges.
Fighters can fight, but that does not make them a judge or understand it.

That's like saying that a criminal going to court, understands how the judge in that court should do their job.

I will repost the one post that I made that closed this topic down. All you guys did was follow it up with hurt feelings and nonsense.

So,...

According to the commentary everyone was using the mailman combination

Back