Just rewatched Maldonado v Fedor.

That first round was no where close to a 10-8. Fedor wins the first 90 seconds. Maldonado wins the next 30 seconds and the round. After that it's 50-50. Under boxing rules Maldonado won that round 10-7 or something, but it would have been scored the exact same way in the UFC.

Scoring a round is a lot more complicated than determining who won most of the round. I'm sounding like a broken record here but Fedor landed no sizable damage to Fabio in that entire round, he had a good flurry but it was mostly blocked and then he landed a few okay jabs and straight rights once Fabio was tired, but he was never in any danger. 10-8 is the perfect way to score that round and I can't see how anyone could see it differently.

I was very impressed by Fedor's heart, but it was a draw to me. In fact I was just happy he survived.

He's an old guy with diminished skills and used his guile and grit to steady the ship from a disastrous first round.

I didn't have huge expectations on Fedor (in fact I said MANY times before the bout when people were ragging on it, that it was absolutely a solid test and reasonable opponent at the point in time we are in), but its clear his chin is deteriorating, his speed and reactions slowing and his old style was bound to run into problems once that happened. We've seen it more or less happening since probably Arlovski.

But it was cool to watch him fight and it was another one that will provide fuel for the haters and fanboys alike

Just another reason why he's so great to watch and MMA fans from all walks tune in to his fights.

Fedor won that fight, no problem.

The first round wasn't even close to a 10-8 either, because Fedor had dominated a majority of the round, then came back at the end of the round and hurt Maldonado, causing him to run away. You can't make that a 10-8, that's a clear 10-9 for Maldonado and Fedor clearly won the other two rounds.

People just want to hate on Fedor.
are you retarded or something

Under PRIDE rules Fedor would have lost that fight if it ever made it to the score cards

He was basically finished and in fact in Japan Yuji Shimada would have stopped that fight in the 1st round

Under Unified Rules Fedor lost the first 10-8 and the best possible outcome would have been a draw for Fedor. A loss would have been acceptable as you can make a case for 10-7 in the first
Agree it was a 10-8, and agree he lost with Pride scoring. Vehemently disagree about Shimada! Pride was notorious, in a good way, for making sure a fight was over before it was called. Ask Yuki Kondo and Sakuraba, and many others.

Overrated Fedor definitely didn't win that fight. Judges got paid off again, no surprise though.

Lmao the dude defending fedor in here is giving me a good laugh.

What's even funnier is Fabio is the one who caused this whole conversation because he kicked the shit out of fedor in the first round.

No it doesn't. Fedor clearly won rounds 2,3 BUT he lost the first round 10 to 8. Should have been a draw.
still its funny sherdog would call the robbery of the year a fight where its not even debatable that the other guy won just that he tied lol

Has @THECYNDlCATE weighed in on Fedor vs Mitrione yet?

Wondering if he thought the fight was stopped prematurely . . .

Last edited:
C'mon guys. Anyone who think Maldonado should have won also needs to rewatch it. Despite the first round where Fedor got his head absolutely smashed in; to recover from that and dominate the rest of the fight completely shows a clear cut winner.
You are an idiot flat out! Fedor was stanky legging all over the cage in the first to a bare min 10-8 or worst. At worst it was a draw there nimrod!

Fedora got screwed out of a final round in the Bigfoot fight, in this case he got the nod. He may have been stopped early vs. Hendo, he avoided the stoppage against Fabio.... sucks a bit for Fabio, but after hurting a guy like that then just defending against a finish, and missing Fedors head repeatedly he has himself to blame.

You are an idiot flat out! Fedor was stanky legging all over the cage in the first to a bare min 10-8 or worst. At worst it was a draw there nimrod!

Hate to be a smart a#$, but Nimrod actually means outstanding hunter, could be seen as a compliment.

still its funny sherdog would call the robbery of the year a fight where its not even debatable that the other guy won just that he tied lol
Except that it should have been stopped in the first round lol.

C'mon guys. Anyone who think Maldonado should have won also needs to rewatch it. Despite the first round where Fedor got his head absolutely smashed in; to recover from that and dominate the rest of the fight completely shows a clear cut winner.

Fedor won after KO

Back