Just rewatched Demian Maia vs Rory MacDonald

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rory battered Demian Maia in rounds 2 and 3. He was landing punches, body kicks, and head kicks at will. With the new scoring system, you could argue that rounds 2 and 3 were 10-8 in favor of Rory. Maia went 2 for 20 on TDs.

Styles make fights and Rory beats Maia 9 out of 10 times. I favor Rory against Maia in a rematch via 3rd round TKO.

Thoughts?

Since when did Maia sign with Bellator?

If rounds 2 and 3 were 10-8 then first round was 10-7 Maia.

Yeah man Rory took it to him after round 1

I'm really excited to see how this new scoring criteria plays out

So fucking dumb how most places haven't implemented it yet. Lame af

Rory is no joke. Obviously fucked with Tyron real good. Him going to bellator hurts about as much as the Moose situation to me. And I fucking love Mous

for rilly trilly tho, Maia got a 10-8 in the first round, new ruleset, old ruleset, who cares. Let's ignore that tho

Rory battered Demian Maia in rounds 2 and 3. He was landing punches, body kicks, and head kicks at will. With the new scoring system, you could argue that rounds 2 and 3 were 10-8 in favor of Rory. Maia went 2 for 20 on TDs.

Styles make fights and Rory beats Maia 9 out of 10 times. I favor Rory against Maia in a rematch via 3rd round TKO.

Thoughts?

By those same new rules you could argue that round 1 was 10-8 for maia. Also, Maia actually had some moments on the feet too. He did better standing with Rory than Woodley did.

only because maia gassed out after the first

He did better standing with Rory than Woodley did.
Yeah this is true. Woodley hates pressure fighters (part of the reason why Shields was able to snatch a win over him with average wrestling and terrible striking)

And Rory arguably dominated both.
Not too bad.

He didn't dominate Maia. It was a 29-28 decision that got fight of the night award. You can't argue he dominated Maia, unless you completely ignore the first round.

only because maia gassed out after the first

Come on man....Rory's defense caused the gassing....give the man some credit for surviving and then winning.
I know Demian would.

Come on man....Rory's defense caused the gassing....give the man some credit for surviving and then winning.
I know Demian would.

It was more so all the shots Rory landed on Maia's body.

He didn't dominate Maia. It was a 29-28 decision that got fight of the night award. You can't argue he dominated Maia, unless you completely ignore the first round.
Lets look at the last 10 minutes where Rory nearly landed at will, stuffed 18 takedowns and even swept Maia.

Back