Just rewatched Demian Maia vs Rory MacDonald

Lets look at the last 10 minutes where Rory nearly landed at will, stuffed 18 takedowns and even swept Maia.
Still a close fight when it comes to the score cards (not pride rules). And I'm not even brazilian.

Rory was/is the best fighter in that weight class. He easily beat Woodley and easily beat Nick Diaz, which surprised me the most.

Maia has had a problem with gas/conditioning in many of his fights due to his style, he gassed,Rory capitalized, but when Maia still had stamina, he dominated. The funny thing about him vs. Woodley is that both have had gas issues.

Yeah this is true. Woodley hates pressure fighters (part of the reason why Shields was able to snatch a win over him with average wrestling and terrible striking)
Believe dat!
7433286.jpg

He'll do it again too!!

“For me, he’s the best fighter in the weight category. Even though he lost to Lawler, I still think he’s the hardest fighter to beat in the category.”

~ Demian Maia on Rory MacDonald

only because maia gassed out after the first
Well that's an aspect of fighting.

Pretty sure they both had 10-8 rds. Maia's being the first and Rory I think the third maybe?

Ya Shields won split decisions in which some thought he lost. Rory tooled both.
Yet ,Rory got his ass handed to him by Lawler.. And Tyron put Lawler to sleep early.. MMA math doesn't always work..

Rory was/is the best fighter in that weight class. He easily beat Woodley and easily beat Nick Diaz, which surprised me the most.
Yeah, his nick fight... Now gtfo

To read threads that actually make sense.

So what's the sense in clicking on "FRANK MIR is what BJ PENN would have been at HW with an additional 45 IQ points".

That makes a lot of sense, well to you I'm sure it does seeing how you posted in it. Posted a really lame gif too.

So what's the sense in clicking on "FRANK MIR is what BJ PENN would have been at HW with an additional 45 IQ points".

That makes a lot of sense, well to you I'm sure it does seeing how you posted in it. Posted a really lame gif too.
giphy.webp

I honestly believe that Rory is the most talented Welterweight in the world. Sucks that hes in bellator now. Hopefully one day he comes back, before he's too old.

Would love for Rory to come back and smash Woodley's smug face again.

He's a paper champ and he knows it. Those Wonderboy fights should have had him sent the way of Shields and Fitch

I don't think proving my point is a laugh at trigger situation. Now keep going around the forums and spew your shitty opinions, gifs and miserable attitude. Thank god you only do it in the forums that make sense like "FRANK MIR Is what BJ PENN would have been...".

Lets look at the last 10 minutes where Rory nearly landed at will, stuffed 18 takedowns and even swept Maia.

So not the whole fight? just to be clear?

I don't think proving my point is a laugh at trigger situation. Now keep going around the forums and spew your shitty opinions, gifs and miserable attitude. Thank god you only do it in the forums that make sense like "FRANK MIR Is what BJ PENN would have been...".
You proved you're a moron. Kudos. <45>

Yet ,Rory got his ass handed to him by Lawler.. And Tyron put Lawler to sleep early.. MMA math doesn't always work..
The point is that Rory dominated the current champ and #1 contender

The point is that Rory dominated the current champ and #1 contender

He got controlled and busted up on the ground for almost the whole round, was mounted for at least a minute and even got stunned by a combination at the end.
Saying he dominated the fight is just fiction.

Back