Just finished Bioshock infinite

Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but a great game.

I'm probably the only one on earth that likes the games in reverse order.

Infinite, BioShock 2, BioShock.

And the first one is really good btw. Both the first and second are worth playing and they hold up graphically, gameplay wise, story wise and have that distinct unique environment (Except its under water of course)

Masterpiece isnt a term id use when describing this game...run of the mill yes.

I agree with OP. One of the best Story/Plots/Endings in video game history and the combat is no where near as bad as people try and make it out to be.

The story was so much better than a much more heralded game like last of us it wasn't even close.

I was hesitant to play Bioshock Infinite because I didn't like the first two games. I'm glad I did because it was probably the 2nd best game and story of last gen to me.

The first Bioshock game starts off amazing but quickly turns silly. The controls feel a little off and I really hated the grind of the game. It was very repetitive. The graphics and atmosphere were great though. The 2nd game was more of the same with a weaker story.

I'd say give the first one a try but don't go in expecting Infinite. I do admit that Infinite dumbed down the gameplay, made it easier and the shooting more tight but that's also what made it more fun to me. The first two Bioshocks felt like they didn't know if they wanted to a be an FPS game or a System Shock sequel.

Really, how so? I'd say it's aged quite nicely, the cartoonish art style certainly helps games age.

I think the storyline doesn't hold up that well to repeated playthroughs, and the arena shooter style gameplay, while not as bad as some people claim, isn't anything amazing either. I still like the game mind you, but the story is a series of twists that don't actually make much sense. Columbia is also a far less intriguing place.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played, it was a masterpiece.

Anywho, I bought the trilogy on sale for 10 euro and was wondering if Bioshock 1 and 2 are worth playing after playing infinite? Or are they too much a step down in terms of gameplay? Also do the first 2 bioshocks deal with the same stuff as infinite?

multiverse etc.

Love that game

I never played the first one but I did just play and beat Infinite this past weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm trying to fully grasp the story, as stories involving time travel and parallel dimensions are fraught with issues. After reading, it looks like I might have missed a few voxphones. I'm trying to craft a full theory of what actually happened before I get too far into reading, so I can see how far off the mark I was.

It was extremely ambitious and it created a fabulous environment. It shone a bright light on the Jim Crow laws, which contributed very well to the story they were telling. Plus, that music.

It wasn't perfect - there was nothing particularly noteworthy about the combat, as it's just another game where you're a mass-murderer, there were steep difficulty differences between enemies, and near the end, it felt like there was a lot of backtracking. Plus I completely ran out of ammo in Comstock House.

Still, it was evocative, enjoyable, ambitious, and there were plenty of moments that made me stop what I was doing, just so I could take it in, like the kids singing Shake Sugaree or Elizabeth singing Will The Circle Be Unbroken?. I'm very glad I played it.

I never played the first one but I did just play and beat Infinite this past weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm trying to fully grasp the story, as stories involving time travel and parallel dimensions are fraught with issues. After reading, it looks like I might have missed a few voxphones. I'm trying to craft a full theory of what actually happened before I get too far into reading, so I can see how far off the mark I was.

It was extremely ambitious and it created a fabulous environment. It shone a bright light on the Jim Crow laws, which contributed very well to the story they were telling. Plus, that music.

It wasn't perfect - there was nothing particularly noteworthy about the combat, as it's just another game where you're a mass-murderer, there were steep difficulty differences between enemies, and near the end, it felt like there was a lot of backtracking. Plus I completely ran out of ammo in Comstock House.

Still, it was evocative, enjoyable, ambitious, and there were plenty of moments that made me stop what I was doing, just so I could take it in, like the kids singing Shake Sugaree or Elizabeth singing Will The Circle Be Unbroken?. I'm very glad I played it.

Here's some picture's explaining the story -

part 1: http://i4.minus.com/itqBirx1UNO73.png

part 2: http://i7.minus.com/i5BLK6EKs1wYz.png

part 3: http://i7.minus.com/imJUs5Ct5fRTg.png

(click on the images once to get them into their proper size once you open them)

Story-wise, I'd absolutely agree that it was masterful. I also enjoyed the gameplay more than most people seemed to. The entire series was great though, with Bioshock 2 being the only game I wouldn't give at least a 9 (probably still an 8.5 though).

Don't listen to the haters. Bioshock 1 and Infinite are absolutely phenomenal games. The way the stories are told throughout the games by the voxophones, the amazing story lines in general, and the twists in every game. I personally thought the combat was cool, something fresh, slightly clunky, but overall great. The atmosphere in both games, underwater in a dystopia and in a floating city, like cmon man, amazing. The philosophical side of the games is very very neat as well. Definitely one of my all time favorites. Check out TLoU too, the emotional attachment you build with the game is crazy.

Gonna have to replay Infinite when my new laptop come in. Playing through an old machine with GT330 is nothing sort of abuse.

I too would like to know how good burial at sea is..

I remember seeing some dlc content for bioshock but it wasn't a single player story type. And it was short... w

Which one do I avoid

Well, maybe you're like me and you like Bioshock Infinite because it takes place in a beautiful environment and is kinaesthetically pleasing. You may not like the original Bioshock if you're that big of a fan of Infinite.

I thought Bioshock was by far the best. Infinite,then Bioshock 2. I just started playing burial at sea. I also heard Minerva's Den dlc for Bioshock 2 is really good but I haven't played it yet. I think it's free from Steam if you add Bioshock 2 to your Steam library.

Did you try 1999 mode as well? I played it the first time on normal and 2nd time on 1999. I enjoyed the game even more on 1999.

How did you enjoy it more on 1999!?

I think I'm just bad with FPS games though. I love this franchise however. The first Bioshock was by far my favorite but Infinite had an amazing story.

I too would like to know how good burial at sea is..

I remember seeing some dlc content for bioshock but it wasn't a single player story type. And it was short... w

Which one do I avoid

(Ahem)

Great Story, some might complain about the game mechanics but I thought it was fine. This guy analyzed the hell out of the game.

[YT]VdNhwb7iuI4[/YT]

Oh and play the first game, then play the Infinite DLC.

Great Story, some might complain about the game mechanics but I thought it was fine. This guy analyzed the hell out of the game.

[YT]VdNhwb7iuI4[/YT]

Oh and play the first game, then play the Infinite DLC.

As a fan of Bioshock Infinite that video was actually really good. I watched the whole thing, and agreed with pretty much everything he said.

I still like Infinite's story, but enjoyed playing Bioshock 1 more.

I've finished the first Burial at Sea episode and started the second. The first part is quite good and took me longer than I was expecting to beat it.

really loved infinite, and i slightly liked it better than biochock 1. havent played 1999 mode or any of the dlc's though. could say bioshock infinite is my favorite game of 2013 as well

Back