Just finished Bioshock infinite

Xbox is currently having a sale on all Bioshock games for Gold members:

Bioshock 1: $4.99

Bioshock 2: $4.99

Bioshock Infinite: $12.89
- Burial at Sea Episode 1 (DLC): $10.04
- Burial at Sea Episode 2 (DLC): $10.04

could say bioshock infinite is my favorite game of 2013 as well

Me too man. I don't really get where people are coming from saying it was "OK". One of the best storylines of video game history and the combat is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

GOTY 2013!

COuldnt get into this. Just doesn't feel like a bioshock game after playing the first 2. Maybe I Just need a break, played 1 and 2 back to back after buying the collection.

COuldnt get into this. Just doesn't feel like a bioshock game after playing the first 2. Maybe I Just need a break, played 1 and 2 back to back after buying the collection.

Infinite doesn't quite feel like a Bioshock game, but it's still an amazing shooter and very fun to play. It starts off quite slow and takes a long time before you really get into it, but it's worth the wait in my opinion. I would certainly give it a few hours and see if your opinion changes. The DLC is pretty amazing as well and gives a cool perspective / twist to things about the original game.

1 and 2 are among my all time favorites.

Infinite is a great game in its own right but I preferred the art style and darker atmosphere of the first two games.

the character you play as always felt "fat" to me, like when you ran and jumped, it just didn't feel like the dude "fit" anywhere comfortably. It was a cool looking game though but definitely a reach a check point and deal with the enemy wave type game. the powers didn't really seem to make that much difference either to me, maybe that was just how i played. i never played the other bioshock games so i won't comment on the story as i have no clue about it.

I didn't like Bioshock 2 still finished it but by far the weakest of the there.

I loved the Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite it takes your character back to Rapture before and during the downfall.

It does a nice job of linking it all together.

infinite is my favorite of the series and easily top 3 fps of all time imo

the first are also good though, worth playing for sure

Gotta finish this. I'm at a particularly annoying part but gotta push through.

It was good but Bioshock 1 was amazing, especially when it first came out (looks dated now, even with the re-released version). Going back to play "great" games is always a strange thing, because often their greatness was due to them bucking the system and bringing something new to the table. Bioshock 1 was one of those games.

Going back to play "great" games is always a strange thing, because often their greatness was due to them bucking the system and bringing something new to the table.

There is a severe lack of those games today.

I couldn't play Infinite a second time. Great game but takes a while to get going, large levels without much action.... that game builds and builds and build where the second half is way more exciting than the first half.

I beat Bioshock 2 five times.... wanting to play it again too...

I loved Infinite when I got it day one on 360. I got it a few months ago for like 3 bucks for steam, and just finished enough games to warrant playing it. Just as amazing as it was back in 2012.

I couldn't play Infinite a second time. Great game but takes a while to get going, large levels without much action.... that game builds and builds and build where the second half is way more exciting than the first half.

I beat Bioshock 2 five times.... wanting to play it again too...
I ended up playing it through three times.

1 > 2 > 3

I thought that 3 was boring for the most part.

I thought it was alright. The first game left a far better impression on me.

I liked it a lot but didn't care much for the ending. I don't think it was particularly bad for the genre or anything like that, but I nearly always feel let down by science fiction endings that try to blow the player's mind. I either end up nitpicking them to death or don't find them to be as interesting as I should.

I don't let that change my mind about the great time I had leading up to the finale though.

Last edited:
Y'all might love the series but I played and beat all three and just do not see how they're anything but mediocre. Great atmosphere but that's it. Especially Infinite. When I find myself going to gamefaqs to find out how much more of this game do I have to play before it's done, I'm not having a great time.

Since we're all giving our opinions on the game....

I thought it was excellent. The game play could've used more depth though. The world, atmosphere, and story are second to none. I really loved the city in the sky, and the music was especially engrossing. Few games give me chills like a movie, and that opening is worth the price of admission alone. Once you hit Columbia, and the subtle piano tune, followed by the hymn kicks in, I'm there. It's such a good opening. One of the best cinematic openings to any game I can think of. It's so good, and the impact lingers and makes an otherwise run of the mill shooter, special.

That said, it does tend to overstay it's welcome a bit, simply because the game play is so familiar. It's an arena shooter with some very basic RPG elements, and it does nothing special in that regard. I would've appreciated a little more effort in that department. The game play is nothing special. Once you get settled in, you're pretty much shooting shit and opening drawers.

I'd give it a 6/10 in the game play department, but a 10/10 in the story/atmosphere department. That's all you can ask from shooters. It's hard to re-invent the wheel, but if you give me something compelling to shoot my way through, I'm good. The story wasn't "tight", but it was compelling, and left you asking questions in a good way. And seriously, who didn't love the big reveal? It was no "Would You Kindly?", but it did the job just fine.

I loved the game. TLOU rightly overshadowed it a bit, but Irrational Games still went out with quite a bang with this sucker.

Since we're all giving our opinions on the game....

I thought it was excellent. The game play could've used more depth though. The world, atmosphere, and story are second to none. I really loved the city in the sky, and the music was especially engrossing. Few games give me chills like a movie, and that opening is worth the price of admission alone. Once you hit Columbia, and the subtle piano tune, followed by the hymn kicks in, I'm there. It's such a good opening. One of the best cinematic openings to any game I can think of. It's so good, and the impact lingers and makes an otherwise run of the mill shooter, special.

That said, it does tend to overstay it's welcome a bit, simply because the game play is so familiar. It's an arena shooter with some very basic RPG elements, and it does nothing special in that regard. I would've appreciated a little more effort in that department. The game play is nothing special. Once you get settled in, you're pretty much shooting shit and opening drawers.

I'd give it a 6/10 in the game play department, but a 10/10 in the story/atmosphere department. That's all you can ask from shooters. It's hard to re-invent the wheel, but if you give me something compelling to shoot my way through, I'm good. The story wasn't "tight", but it was compelling, and left you asking questions in a good way. And seriously, who didn't love the big reveal? It was no "Would You Kindly?", but it did the job just fine.

I loved the game. TLOU rightly overshadowed it a bit, but Irrational Games still went out with quite a bang with this sucker.

This sums up the game perfectly. I played Infinite for the first time about 6 months ago. I was having a tough time with it at first, so I bumped it down to easy, and while it was a little too Nerfed It was still incredible due to the Atmosphere and story.

Back