Just came back from Portland, Oregon (with pics)...Ask me anything!

Probably. My friend that was showing me around said it's actually somewhat accurate in terms of the stereotypes portrayed. Panhandlers over there ask you for two to four dollars and some are able bodied. I think he said that was in the show.

In CA they only ask you for spare change, but while we were standing in line for Voodoo donuts, some dude came up and asked specifically for 2 dollars. Bold breed of panhandlers they have there.

What's your take on it?

Lol?

Vancouver, Washington/Portland/Various parts of Oregon

"Lol" is not a take.

Is it like "Lol at the Pacific NW because its so funny and the people are great/quirky" or "Lol at the Pacific NW because it sucks and is full of meth and tweakers"

And where are you now?

When ever I here of Portland Oregon I think of Stand by Me the movie and it hits me right in the feels.

California.

I heard it was a big thing over there, but I didn't notice too many. I heard they have like an annual naked bike ride event, where a bunch of naked people ride bikes around the city. Pretty weird.

Excellent. And what are the last 4 digits of your credit card?

When ever I here of Portland Oregon I think of Stand by Me the movie and it hits me right in the feels.

I've never watched it. But I see pictures of that scene where they're walking on train tracks, and it definitely reminds me of Oregon.

Excellent. And what are the last 4 digits of your credit card?

You better not be trying to backtrace me. I'm warning you.

I've never watched it. But I see pictures of that scene where they're walking on train tracks, and it definitely reminds me of Oregon.

That`s kind of funny because although the movie is said to take place in a small town near portland Oregan called Castlerock, those scenes were actually filmed in Northern California.

That`s kind of funny because although the movie is said to take place in a small town near portland Oregan called Castlerock, those scenes were actually filmed in Northern California.

Yeah, but I don't think the terrain differs all that much from Norcal to Oregon. At least from what i've been told. It's all like trees and nature and shit.

That can't be Portland Oregon, it isn't raining.
I've been in Portland the last month, and it's only rained once actually. Been pleasantly surprised. It was hot as balls a few weeks back though (as in over 110).

I've been in Portland the last month, and it's only rained once actually. Been pleasantly surprised. It was hot as balls a few weeks back though (as in over 110).

Are you a Portland native? What has been your thoughts on the city or Oregon overall so far?

Are you a Portland native? What has been your thoughts on the city or Oregon overall so far?
Oh no, I'm just housed up and working for a bit. I'm a traveler.

As far as Portland goes, it's a lot better than most cities. Rents are high, but not quite up to San Francisco tier ridiculousness, and it's offset by high wages. I'm not really a "big city" person, but Portland's pretty chill. Washington Park is nice, especially the Japanese Gardens. Powell's is the shit. Good food (if you go to the right food trucks).

As for the state, I honestly think it's the most gorgeous state in the US. It has everything good about Norcal (and then some), minus the shitty people. Granted, I'm here during the summer. I've heard the winters get pretty bad, but I'm not sticking around to learn first-hand.

Oh no, I'm just housed up and working for a bit. I'm a traveler.

As far as Portland goes, it's a lot better than most cities. Rents are high, but not quite up to San Francisco tier ridiculousness, and it's offset by high wages. I'm not really a "big city" person, but Portland's pretty chill. Washington Park is nice, especially the Japanese Gardens. Powell's is the shit. Good food (if you go to the right food trucks).

As for the state, I honestly think it's the most gorgeous state in the US. It has everything good about Norcal (and then some), minus the shitty people. Granted, I'm here during the summer. I've heard the winters get pretty bad, but I'm not sticking around to learn first-hand.

Really? I woulda thought Norcal had all the laid back stoners. In fact, I thought Oregon was like that too until I went up there and was told about all the methheads and heroin junkies everywhere. Most of the people I encountered were cool though.

Last edited:
Isn't that where Chael lives?

Chael comes from the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon.

He also owns this pizza place.

l.jpg

When Jones cancelled the PPV by pulling out of the short notice fight against Chael he also created this offer.

272253_360234387387304_2001894713_o.jpg

Chael comes from the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon.

He also owns this pizza place.

l.jpg

When Jones cancelled the PPV by pulling out of the short notice fight against Chael he also created this offer.

272253_360234387387304_2001894713_o.jpg
Chaels a great marketer. If I had known he owned a pizza joint I would have stopped by.

Back