Just came back from Portland, Oregon (with pics)...Ask me anything!

breadfighter

Toiling in underground sugar caves
@purple
Reaction score
Pretty cool experience. Kind of a weird place and a little different from what I expected. I was there for 4 days, and in those 4 days I literally learned everything there is to know about Portland, Oregon..ask me anything.

Last edited:
It's alright. I told him "you have died of dysentery" and then gave him a proper burial.

hqdefault.jpg

is the dream of the 90s still alive in portland?

Portland sucks. I lived there for a year. Its a liberal hell hole and its expensive as hell for some reason. Ok ill bite. What did you like about it?

I went last summer - only for a few hours to see a concert. Ended up lost for a bit. Got to see the band I wanted to. Decided to ditch out and make the long drive back up to Seattle.

Portland sucks. I lived there for a year. Its a liberal hell hole and its expensive as hell for some reason. Ok ill bite. What did you like about it?

Being from Socal, I actually enjoyed the hippy/liberal/organic feel of the town/s. Went to Alberta street which I guess is the artists commune with all the coffee shops and thought it was cool. From hearing how progressive and forward thinking Portland was, I figured it would be more diverse, but it's mostly just white tattooed bearded hipsters. Felt good to be back in LA with all the mexicans and colored people (no racial).

My favorite part of the trip was probably visiting Powells books. Which probably sounds pretty boring, but I like books.

hqdefault.jpg

What restaurants did you eat at?

Wendys and some bratwurst place in the Pike Place Market.

I went last summer - only for a few hours to see a concert. Ended up lost for a bit. Got to see the band I wanted to. Decided to ditch out and make the long drive back up to Seattle.

Do you just really just not feel compelled to explore the town? Weird seeing as how you live within driving distance and everyone is always saying how Portland is the city to check out.

Last edited:
Ask me anything godammit!

Last edited:
I heard the place is full of bums. Any truth to this TS?

Portland supposedly has a high concentration of homeless, and I know they have tent cities set up somewhere and the city allows it. But to be truthful I didn't notice anymore within the city than any other city. Maybe I just wasn't in the right places. Or then again, it's probably because i've seen Skid Row in LA and nothing really compares to that.

Oregon supposedly has a huge meth problem too with users and dealers alike. Drove up to Mt. Hood which is like the boonies and we stopped by a liquor store in the middle of nowhere for some beer. I had my DSLR camera on me and I swear lots of people around there were wary of it. The clerk even questioned me "Hey man, why do you have that if you don't mind me asking".

I thought it was all in my head. If wasn't till afterwards when my friend told me they were probably afraid I was a narc, because of all the meth houses or distributors in the area.

Anyways, here's a photo I took while walking around downtown of a homeless person taking a nap (or maybe he was dead i'm not sure). You could tell he had been there for a while because alot of debris from the trees and brush had collected on his back:

CeirOD1.jpg

Last edited:
Gross. Too much rain, heroine , suicide . Kind of eliminates any beauty of Oregon.

Isn't that where Chael lives?

Probably.

Gross. Too much rain, heroine , suicide . Kind of eliminates any beauty of Oregon.

Are you an Oregon native? I really expected it to be like San Francisco. Didn't really see too much evidence of heroin, except for those needle deposit boxes that were scattered around the bridges. I didn't see too much evidence of meth either, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough. It was nice and sunny when I was there this weekend.

What is the Babe to Dude Ratio?

Is aite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back