Locked JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (Final Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of going bigger and grander, like from Jurassic Park to Jurassic World, I think doing something more grounded and simpler would be better. No genetically engineered Dinos please

I can feel you on that. You know how Hollywood is though, they think the next step should always be bigger and bolder than the last one.

Surely it won't be a theme park, but BD Wong will be a super villain and the dinosaurs will be militarized to a Blackwater/Xe type private military outfit that goes bad guy. Owen will be hired by Claire (now working for US Gov) to train the remaining JW theme park dino's to go fight the militarized Dino's.

Yeah, it's gonna suck. HARD. Greedy bastards should take their $1B+ profits and retire the franchise with an honorable ending.

Actually this plot sounds radd. If they do this right, it will be jammed with action. No survival drama either. Just flat out guns, and tricked out dinos

They've already said that they will not have militarized dinos so no need to talk about that further

The last one was absolute trash. Just total garbage. I hope they changed directions.

Update: December 1, 2016

THE GET DOWN Star Justice Smith Joins JURASSIC WORLD Sequel

Justice-Smith-Jurassic-World-Dragonlord.jpg

Justice Smith, the star of Baz Lurhmann’s The Get Down, has joined Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard in Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s next Jurassic World film.

J.A. Bayona (A Monster Calls) is directing the project, which is in preproduction as it heads toward a spring start in England.

Colin Trevorrow, who directed Jurassic World, is writing the script with Derek Connolly. Details are being kept buried deep underground. Variety reports Smith will be playing a young scientist in the movie.

Smith led the cast of Lurhmann’s stylish The Get Down, which followed a group of teens in 1970s Bronx. He played Ezekiel on the Netflix show. The actor also appeared in Paper Towns, Fox 2000’s adaptation of a John Green YA novel that starred Nat Wolff and Cara Delevingne.

'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Get Down' Star Justice Smith (Exclusive)

Update: January 23, 2017

JURASSIC WORLD Sequel Adds Daniella Pineda as Second
Female Lead

Daniella-Pineda-Jurassic-World-Sequel-Dragonlord.jpg

Daniella Pineda has joined the cast of Universal's Jurassic World sequel. All plot and character details are being kept under wraps, but it is probably safe to expect loads of dinosaurs.

Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt will return for the J.A. Bayona-directed follow-up, which recently added the The Get Down's Justice Smith.

Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow co-wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly, and will exec produce with Steven Spielberg.

The 2015 feature grossed $1.67 billion at the global box office, becoming the fourth highest-grossing movie of all time.

This is poised to be a breakout role for Pineda, whose past credits are largely in TV shows like TBS' The Detour and HBO's High Maintenance. She will next appear in the indie feature Mr. Roosevelt.

'The Detour' Actress Daniella Pineda Joins the Cast of J.A. Bayona's 'Jurassic World' Sequel

best of the series imo, the original was a tiny bit better because of the nostalgia value but I thought JW was alot of fun

The last Jurassic World was basically the 1st one re-done...

They had some interesting new stuff & slightly different plot lines between the 2... but overall theme is open new park & they get loose. There were enough differencez to keep me interested... and you can never go wrong with those top quality Dinoz on the screen... so Will Watch & enjoy.

Would hope for a fresh plot though.

Why do they need a second female lead?

Jurassic World: Wild Things

The last Jurassic World was basically the 1st one re-done...

They had some interesting new stuff & slightly different plot lines between the 2... but overall theme is open new park & they get loose. There were enough differencez to keep me interested... and you can never go wrong with those top quality Dinoz on the screen... so Will Watch & enjoy.

Would hope for a fresh plot though.

I don't know.. I didn't like it that much I have it like a 6 or more of a optimistic 6.5 out of 10 score.

I felt they kinda dropped the ball and not just by the rehashing story because EP 7 also done that and I wasn't bothered by it as much as I was here maybe the lack of more new content.

The movie is lucky they had those charismatic leads cause boy o boy if they missed the casting for them the movie would have seems so empty and soulless.

Good luck in the future because this franchise and their fans need a better overall effort then what they got before.

I don't know.. I didn't like it that much I have it like a 6 or more of a optimistic 6.5 out of 10 score.

I felt they kinda dropped the ball and not just by the rehashing story because EP 7 also done that and I wasn't bothered by it as much as I was here maybe the lack of more new content.

The movie is lucky they had those charismatic leads cause boy o boy if they missed the casting for them the movie would have seems so empty and soulless.

Good luck in the future because this franchise and their fans need a better overall effort then what they got before.
I know what you're saying... & it's similar to what I'm saying as far as dropping the plot ball... but I think there'z a certain quality that you get from a Jurassic park movie that make it start out at 7 or higher... before even seeing the film (assuming it's of similar quality.) I mean it would have to totally suck plot wize to rate less due to the scope of the production alone. Like you're not going to see realistic dinoz that look that good elsewhere... & great nature scenes n stuff... so it's kind of a visual delight even if you have an old worn out plot.

I think a lot of the ratings I see of Star Wars movies suffer the same fate. Like people's expectationz are so high for it that they pick it apart... but forget that the universe itself & the top quality production starts out at a minum of 7 no matter what. Add in some great new characterz & advance the plot & you're all ready up to 8... minimum.

Back to Jurassic World: I liked the guy who trained the Raptors a lot... & the scenes where he waz in there with them n stuff & riding with them at the end. I felt like that waz some pretty cool stuff. I don't have my head wrapped around rating movies like a lot of y'all here... but I just threw out 7 as the absolute bottom line for a Jurassic movie. I'd probably give it a bump up from there because even though the plot is "used"... it's still a decent plot & I also liked a lot of the characterz. I'll go with 8 or 8.5

Last edited:
I know what you're saying... & it's similar to what I'm saying as far as dropping the plot ball... but I think there'z a certain quality that you get from a Jurassic park movie that make it start out at 7 or higher... before even seeing the film (assuming it's of similar quality.) I mean it would have to totally suck plot wize to rate less due to the scope of the production alone. Like you're not going to see realistic dinoz that look that good elsewhere... & great nature scenes n stuff... so it's kind of a visual delight even if you have an old worn out plot.

I liked the guy who trained the Raptors a lot... & the scenes where he waz in there with them n stuff. I felt like that waz some pretty cool stuff. I don't have my head wrapped around rating movies like a lot of y'all here... but I just threw out 7 as the absolute bottom line for a Jurassic movie. I'd probably give it a bump up from there because even though the plot is "used"... it's still a decent plot & I also liked a lot of the characterz. I'll go with 8.

Yea I know you aren't into rating movies, plus I learn it the hard way what happens when I push you to tell a score.. like what you did to me with Suicide Squad I almost had a panic attack when I saw your rating for it.

bork1}

Alright alright, I get it you are a fan of the universe / magic that Jurassic Park brings to the table and when you are so deep I get it you overlook a ton of stuff and just enjoy the ride and when you really see something cool you just go head over hills for it, I must admit I do not share the same level of passion involved in this franchise like you do, or how we both share for Star Wars but I do have my own stuff that are basically crap that I do still like like Underworld movies or Resident Evil movies or just shit with werewolfs and even vampires to a lesser degree in it.. movies like Van Helsing 2004 crappy and cheese but damn I love them :D those are my guilty pleasures.

Now I just hope you will get a better made movie with a way better story in the 2018 sequel you and all the fans deserve it.

Underworld movies or Resident Evil movies or just shit with werewolfs and even vampires to a lesser degree in it.. movies like Van Helsing 2004 crappy and cheese but damn I love them :D those are my guilty pleasures.
<{jackyeah}>

I'm with you on those... Van Helsing at the top. F*cking loved that movie! I don't have a very big DVD collection... but Van Helsing is in it. :cool:

& those Underworld & Resident Evil onez are a fun ride. "Guilty pleasure" is a good way to describe it. lol...

200.gif

<{jackyeah}>

I'm with you on those... Van Helsing at the top. F*cking loved that movie! I don't have a very big DVD collection... but Van Helsing is in it. :cool:

& those Underworld & Resident Evil onez are a fun ride. "Guilty pleasure" is a good way to describe it. lol...

200.gif

Yea man I love the feel, tone and look of Van Helsing right ? :D I was so sad when it failed to open up the franchise and it got the ax.

Plus heads down to me that was the best werewolf model ever seen and used in any movie.

giphy.gif
7aeaa43e2aea8135f684c6ac44c3d6a7.gif

39fee58b0e5d3bf40fe2f5454720eb34.gif
5ebca9d1562354da674b80d5f50fa5e2.jpg

Imagine this guy done with updated CGI and big budget for today's 2017 standards but same concept and style just updated visuals.. cause believe it or not this is closing in fast on 15 years of age.

Plus the romanian princess Anna

e7bc0be53449be9dabed12d39783f9a1.jpg
her look, style.. was perfect.

I only disliked the Frankestain monster in that movie, he seemed just pure goofiness and just took me out of the experience that's the only bad part for me.

@BC did you dig Van Helsing are you down for werewolf movies ? :D

This is why I also have tons of hype for the franchise with Tom Cruise with the Mummy and Mr. Hyde and yep THE WOLFMAN can't wait for that one.

Yea man I love the feel, tone and look of Van Helsing right ? :D I was so sad when it failed to open up the franchise and it got the ax.

Plus heads down to me that was the best werewolf model ever seen and used in any movie.

giphy.gif
7aeaa43e2aea8135f684c6ac44c3d6a7.gif

39fee58b0e5d3bf40fe2f5454720eb34.gif
5ebca9d1562354da674b80d5f50fa5e2.jpg

Imagine this guy done with updated CGI and big budget for today's 2017 standards but same concept and style just updated visuals.. cause believe it or not this is closing in fast on 15 years of age.

Plus the romanian princess Anna

e7bc0be53449be9dabed12d39783f9a1.jpg
her look, style.. was perfect.

I only disliked the Frankestain monster in that movie, he seemed just pure goofiness and just took me out of the experience that's the only bad part for me.

@BC did you dig Van Helsing are you down for werewolf movies ? :D

This is why I also have tons of hype for the franchise with Tom Cruise with the Mummy and Mr. Hyde and yep THE WOLFMAN can't wait for that one.

Van Helsing was legit :D

Beckinsale is bae

This doesn't look like it will be good. That's unfortunate. Bryce Dallas Howard has a knack for appearing in bad movies, and it'd be nice if she could gain a little more traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back