Julianna Pena vs. Valentina Shevchenko Title Eliminator Bout Almost Signed

Shev wins and we can finally stop hearing the nutcracker complain about ridiculous shit

It isn't like the UFC has a bunch of women who can fight at 145 on hand, and even so, its just a rumor right now.
If you followed this alleged rumor to its source, you'd likely stumble upon somebody working at ENTimports trying to manufacture buzz for Cyborg. The whole article read as a desperate plea to establish the 145 lb division with another what if scenario, which isn't the first for them.

Pena hotter.....Pena wins

You are quite wrong and possibly right. Pena is strong as Zingano and tenacious as hell, not really confident that 'bullet' can handle that, nor that she has enough power in her hands, unless she can somehow stay away and pick Pena apart, which I doubt.

Shev wins and we can finally stop hearing the nutcracker complain about ridiculous shit
Pena gives her a run for her money with her aggressive wrestling.

If Val can beat Pena then she's a real threat to anyone at 135.

You guys should re-watch Pena vs Eye. That fight didn't happen too long ago.

Julianna has excellent top control and transitions, but she's also really too comfortable on her back. You are also way overplaying her wrestling. She doesn't have a shot and works mostly with trips. Val is a black belt in judo, if she just looks to break the clinch she'll be fine, imo.

Also, Pena leads with her face. Val is not known as a powerpuncher, but neither is Eye and she cracked Pena a couple of times in the few exchanges on the feet. We all know that when you bull rush chin first even pillow fists become hammers.

From a purely stylistically standpoint, I think Val's kryptonite would be someone like McMann or 5-round-gas-tank Nunes. That doesn't mean she'll have an easy fight with Julianna. However, if she shows up with a plan of minimizing the clinch exchanges, which I think she has the skills to implement, then I see her winning this one.

Pena's face looks manly from some angles then sexy from others. She could definately have been a man at some point, but I would still bang hard.

Valentina looks like an Eastern European cleaner. Probably wouldn't bang.

Back