Julianna Pena vs. Valentina Shevchenko Title Eliminator Bout Almost Signed

Everyday I care about wmma less and less.

It's a good fight and should definitely be a contender bout, but damn I can't get behind this as a Main Event. I'd be pretty disappointed if we had back to back Big FOX cards with underwhelming Main Events.
I'm pretty sure JJ vs Andrade will be the main event at UFC Denver and this bout will most likely land on it as well.

Pena only needs to win 2/3 rounds, and Val's a notorious late starter.

ok yes sir will do from now on
internet-police-jpg.jpg
is this you "trolling" me again?

Pena is strong, aggressive and athletic but sloppy. This is a battle to see if she can get the fight to the ground and work some GNP. Otherwise she'll get owned standing.

I'm pretty sure JJ vs Andrade will be the main event at UFC Denver and this bout will most likely land on it as well.
Andrade vs. Moroz was actually added to UFC 207. Weird fight, don't like it. Maybe JJ is taking a little time off though.

Don't know what card it could be but UFC on FOX 23 is rumored to have a female Main Event. Another rumor floating is Cyborg/Holm for the inaugural 145 pound women's title.

Thoughts?

Shevchenko beat Holly infront of 4 million people on FOX, risky to put her as main event and risking the casuals not recognising her though, probably won't hit 2 million if people don't recognise her, Pena is anonymous.

I think this is an easy fight for Valentina. Just analyzing peña's fights she gets all her takedowns from the clinch (all inside or outside sweeps), she never shoots doubles or singles, Valentina is very good on the clinch as well and can take people down from there as well as do damage there. Striking wise is not even close, Valentina is probably the best female striker in the UFC and Peña the worst.

Shevchenko beat Holly infront of 4 million people on FOX, risky to put her as main event and risking the casuals not recognising her though, probably won't hit 2 million if people don't recognise her, Pena is anonymous.
how did you get that Yellow card bruh? 1 week mane

3rd time was the charm, huh? I guess we'll see Pennington vs McMann then in a few months.

Like I said, this fight will be the main event of UFC on FOX 23.

Hope The "Venezuelan" Vixen gets whooped, can't stand her.

Ultimately, I think Pena gets it down and subs her. Her ground game reminds me a lot of Michael Chiesa in terms of her being a lot physically stronger than she looks and having really long legs that aids in back takes, and an awesome rear naked choke and short elbows from top position. Her top game is very, very good and will only improve as she's only 10 fights into her career.
I agree fucking Sarah Kaufman got Valentina down and controlled her. People act like Juliana is scared of her when in reality its an EASY match for her.

Don't know what card it could be but UFC on FOX 23 is rumored to have a female Main Event. Another rumor floating is Cyborg/Holm for the inaugural 145 pound women's title.

Thoughts?
Wow just read that Cyborg vs Holms rumor. That would be AWESOME.

It's a good fight and should definitely be a contender bout, but damn I can't get behind this as a Main Event. I'd be pretty disappointed if we had back to back Big FOX cards with underwhelming Main Events.

It's this or Rocky as she's from the area. So basically a guaranteed WMMA fight headlines.

Andrade vs. Moroz was actually added to UFC 207. Weird fight, don't like it. Maybe JJ is taking a little time off though.
Weird. I don't think Moroz deserves that fight, but it may work out in her favor style wise.

Back