Judges scorecards from Suarez vs Esparza (SHOCKING)

he most likely got the names mixed up. they both have mexican names.

Well that's just plain stupid. But I'm also disappointed to see that's the only 10-8 on any card.

100% when rd 1 ended I was thinking "finally. this was a clear cut 10-8. We're about to see these lame judges award a 10-8".

The other two scoring that round 10-9 is almost equally stupid

That's right, one judge gave a 10-8 round to Carla!! How in the world does this happen? One could assume he mixed the two fighters up but then he gives the proper score for the second round! These senile fucks are deciding the fate of athletes in Texas!

its obviously a mistake you goof... but if carla won because of a mistake all hell would break loose... i would assume they would fix the mistake though.

not only that but im surprised he was the only one that scored it a 10-8. He is the only non retarded judge on that panel, except he made a mistake with where to put the numbers lol.

Carla was dominating Suarez's elbow with her face in the first round.

Vicious bottom game.

Dude should be fired instantly imo honest mistake but still it's such a simple thing if you can't get that right you have no business judging fights imo

he most likely got the names mixed up. they both have mexican names.
You say that as though not being able to tell the fighters apart isn't worse than not being able to assess degrees of damage.

mshckd.gif

It is MMA after all.

That's right, one judge gave a 10-8 round to Carla!! How in the world does this happen? One could assume he mixed the two fighters up but then he gives the proper score for the second round! These senile fucks are deciding the fate of athletes in Texas!

Had ta look again to make sure it wasn't Adalaide Byrd! That bat gives out 10-8's to the wrong fighter like clockwork.

How can I become a judge there is no way any of us on sherdog could do worse.

It really doesn't take a lot to become a MMA judge. All you really need is extensive brain damage as it seems.

Even if it was a mistake of just mixing the names, you can't be a judge if you can't get the names right.

You always gotta expect this in Texas. There’s always a judging error in that state.
It's sheer incompetence by that 1st judge. I think the guy Mathisen either didn't know which girl was which OR he simply wrote the 10 - 8 down the wrong way round. He should never judge a fight again. People's careers can be wrecked by this and these guys are supposedly EXPERT?!?!

Also, yes there should have been more 10-8's on those cards. What more could Suarez do than what she did -- utter domination.

Texas doesn't use the new rules, so I understand the lack of 10-8's.But that's just ridiculous LOL

There's one other possibility on this : that page is a PRINTED page with PRINTED scores, and i'm sure the judges write down their scores, each round on a paper. So it COULD be that someone else has taken all the judges papers with their WRITTEN scorecards and then this 2nd person typed it incorrectly into the PC or whatever they used to print that page.

Without seeing each judges ORIGINAL scorecards (hand-written i'd assume) then we cannot definitively say how this got messed up that badly.

Back