Judges scorecards from Suarez vs Esparza (SHOCKING)

That's actually terrifying.

It makes you question how many fighters have won split decisions because the judges mixed up the fighters.

That judge should be fired and permanently banned from ever judging combat sports again. That's an egregious mistake.

There needs to be some formal review of refs and judges. If x percent of their calls are bullshit, they're removed from future cards until they've passed a training course.

Fuck these people ruining fights with bad calls and bullshit scores. Refs can severely fuck up and cause a fighter some permanent injuries if they don't stop a fight in time, and judges can fuck someone out of a title fight just because they weren't paying attention and score things randomly (or so it seems)

How the FUCK do you justify a 10-8 for Esparza in that fight??? I'd like to see the ref have to answer for that, because I can't imagine they can justify it

No, it would have been a majority decision victory for Suarez at most. Also, the mistake would have been corrected later, like when Johnson vs McCall was announced as a draw, but it was actually a decision victory for Johnson.
I read it wrong

A quick round of Gwent, stranger?

tumblr_oqgqkzn1Xb1rpd9dfo3_500.gif

I need to look into how to become a judge. I live in Texas and I'm not ignorant to the sport.

I don't know what kind of politics you stand by now, but when you research the names of your local athletic commission judges, it will make you want to be some kind of anarchist. The jobs aren't based on what they should be at all.

I think being a UFC judge is the best job in the world. You can be a total moron, have no idea what you are doing, do everything wrong and you still don't lose your job.

That's not ok. Hope he gets reviewed by AC or something.

thats why I said there should be open scoring for everyone to see what the judges are up to. bunch of shertards argued it with me saying its pointless, even detrimental to the fight. Imagine if that went to a decision, kinda like Holm nearly winning vs Cyborg

100% agree. Not only would it help to get rid of the incompetent / blind judges, but it would allow everybody to know the score. Boxing / MMA are pretty much the only sports where nobody knows for sure the current standings...why? I know some people will say that it gives people an incentive to coast if they're up 2-0 going into the 3rd. On the other hand it lets the person who is down 0-2 know that they need to make something happen. One of the worst things is to hear both fighters say they thought they were up on the scorecard going into the 3rd (or 5th for title/main events) round.

I think being a UFC judge is the best job in the world. You can be a total moron, have no idea what you are doing, do everything wrong and you still don't lose your job.

So it's pretty much the same as any government job??

100% agree. Not only would it help to get rid of the incompetent / blind judges, but it would allow everybody to know the score. Boxing / MMA are pretty much the only sports where nobody knows for sure the current standings...why? I know some people will say that it gives people an incentive to coast if they're up 2-0 going into the 3rd. On the other hand it lets the person who is down 0-2 know that they need to make something happen. One of the worst things is to hear both fighters say they thought they were up on the scorecard going into the 3rd (or 5th for title/main events) round.
$

The arguement about fighters coasting gets shot down by what you posted. The losing fighter will fight harder. There is literally no reason fighters and spectators wouldnt benefit by more transparency.

Back