Josh Thomson did in 8 minutes what Conor couldn't do in 30.

You FOOL!!!

He doesn't care about falling, he is in it to make cash money and get out of the game. He doesn't give a fook about legacy or rise and fall. In episode 2 of the May-Mac, he said he got in to martial arts for self-defense and not for the aspiration of being a world champ.
Every word of your post sounds like it was written with Conor's scrotum in your throat.

I didn't post any gifs...

My point is Conor fans use just dropping Nate as the pinnacle of his power when Thomson, a fighter with limited power, KO'd him.

No, if anything, Conor fans use knocking out Jose Aldo or the Eddie Alvarez fight as the pinnacle of his "power" (which again, most people are talking about accuracy). And you're using a horrible example as well. Josh Thompson never dropped Nate with hand strikes. He finished him with a well-placed headkick. Conor McGregor also was strictly striking with Nate. Few fighters have done this. Few have been successful.

Edit : Stats shown during the fight aren't the same as fightmetric, apparently.

Last edited:
that was a beautiful performance by the punk.Thompson is very underrated,been sayin this for a minute

I didn't post any gifs...

My point is Conor fans use just dropping Nate as the pinnacle of his power when Thomson, a fighter with limited power, KO'd him.
I think you've rediscovered what we've long known, different match ups an be hard to compare, because styles make fights. It was impressive that McGregor was able to drop Nate repeatedly with punches. It was also impressive that Thomson beat the hell out of Nate until we had the Stockton towel thrown. I think it is silly, not to mention slightly petty, to try to use Thomson's impressive feat to undermine McGregor's.

Josh Thomson, a fighter that has never been known for his power, was able to not only stop Diaz, but get his corner to throw in the towel in under 3 rounds with strikes. Conor couldn't do this with 2 chances and over a half hour's worth of fighting. Yet we're led to believe Conor has "once in a lifetime" power. I don't get it. Conor has a strong left hand but nothing we haven't seen many times before. He's a great marketer but he's going to fall hard. And very soon...

Every once in a while...you get a good post here on sherdog that makes you think.
Diaz fucked conor up.

But totally forgot about Joshs ass beating.

Puts things into perspective.

Also, the Thomson_Diaz fight should never be discussed without pointing out that Thomson's great win was marred by him making "bitch ass lady sounds" throughout the fight.

Funny how other top fighters aren't known for their power either and yet...

Bisping KO's Rockhold, his first KO since kneeing Cung Le 3 years ago

Rashad KO's Chuck Liddell back in 2008

Matt Serra KO'd GSP (one of only 2 KO's in his entire career)

Lyoto Machida KO's Rashad Evans (handing Evans his first loss)

The point is, fighters can lose to the perfect shot.

Hell even Nick Diaz, a guy with a known GOAT chin, got KO'd by Jeremy Jackson ages ago.

It's fighting, shit happens.

Every once in a while...you get a good post here on sherdog that makes you think.
Diaz fucked conor up.

But totally forgot about Joshs ass beating.

Puts things into perspective.
Was never unusual for Nate to get his ass kicked

Has Diaz ever beat a pretty boy?

nate-diaz-clay-guida.jpg

diaz-thomson.jpg

diazvsmacdonald.jpg

Watch the fight again. Nate took like 3 head kicks.Iron chin.

nate wants that trilogy bout and i dont blame him. stands to make millions! $$$$$$$$$

wouldn't you??
Well the trilogy fight should not happen as there are more deserving and more dangerous fighters. Unfortunately though it probably will, would surprise me if Conor risked the belt and fights at 155.

Back