Josh Kelly stopped Kris George yesterday

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He seems to have the goods but he needs to go down to 140.

Hes slapping with his punches a lot. His fighting style and movement looks a lot like BJS, He cant get away with that at WW at the higher levels. At JWW all the belts are there for the taking. He'd beat Maurice Hooker, Granados, etc.

Yeah he did slap a bit at times. Had a couple of decent left hooks and straight rights put on him too.
It's an exciting style, I hope he gets to world level with it.
It's not his punch power or volume that's the worry, it's the unconventional footwork. The huge steps and lunges he uses to pivot his opponent are great for the crowd, but they better be well honed when he comes up against a quick handed guy that cuts the ring off well, Errol Spence type. Even Roy had to box Hopkins conventional to get the win in their first fight.
Good fighter, hype train still rolling and his shorts were absolute high fashion.

i'd enjoy him a lot more if he didn't keep his hands at his waist all the time. i really appreciate the good head movement and footwork (and it really is superb), but the showboating bullshit bothers me.

the entire time i watched the fight i was thinking i'd like to see him fight spence and try to pull that. it will work as long as he's fighting b and c level opposition, but as soon as he steps in there with some top welterweights, he needs to cut the crap or he's getting starched.

Back