Since MMA Junkie messed up, I got bored and did my list:

Tier 1: These guys defended belts for many years at least 7 times or higher
1) Jon Jones
2) Anderson Silva
3) GSP
4) Mighty Mouse
5) Jose Aldo

Tier 2: Very impressive fighters, but just haven't done as much as Tier 1
6) Khabib- 3 defenses isn't shit compared to the ones above, although his domination was impressive, no cuts, never rocked, etc.
7) Amanda Nunes- hard to compare females and males, but she was dominant, although WMMA 145 is the worst division ever
8) Valentina Shev.- very impressive, just not quite as dominant as Nunes and was 0-2 vs her
9) Volk- will probably move up higher if he continues his dominance
10) Izzy- I HATE this guy, but he was the best MW for a long time, just some wins weren't very impressive, but yet some finishes were amazing

Tier 3:
11) Stipe- HW sucks and only defended 3 times, but yet has the record for that trash division
12) DC- very impressive Strikeforce run at HW, but wasn't the real LHW champ since Jones was mentally challenged, 1-2 vs Stipe, etc.
13) Matt Hughes- long reign, just didn't beat as good of fighters as others, best wins were a green GSP and a smaller BJ Penn
14) Usman- great champ, but had an easy defense vs Jorge who had no business being in there in the rematch, not as dominant as others
15) Max Holloway- only 3 defenses overall, but very impressive wins over Aldo twice (past his prime doe), Frankie, etc. but went 0-3 vs Volk

Tier 4:
16) Dominick Cruz- IF only he didn't have all them injuries, he could of been way higher, I think he would of 50-45'd Barao, his comeback to getting the belt vs TJ was amazing and put Mouse down a weight class
17) BJ Penn- great runs at WW and LW, beating Hughes at the time was amazing, but his wins at LW aren't as impressive as others since a lot of the best LWs were in WEC, probably would of been higher if he didn't have "yes men" in his camp for a long time
18) TJ- controversial pick I am sure, but let's not forget how great he was, I wish he got an auto rematch against Dom given how close that fight was
19) Cain- amazing fighter, I wish he wasn't made of glass, only 2 defenses
20) Henry Cejudo- gets a bit overrated on this site, but had some great wins at 125 and 135, just lacking defenses

Tier 5:
21) Frankie Edgar- amazing run at 155 despite always being the smaller man, but never was that dominant force, was known for his chin, heart and cardio and was great at 145 for a while, easily one of my favorite fighters ever
22) Islam- might be too high already, but the way he crushed Charles to get the belt was impressive and his last win against Volk blew my mind, 2 title defenses and more coming imo
23) Charles Oliveria- 2 real defenses from my point of view (fuck getting stripped over half a pound), probably the best offensive BJJ MMA fighter I have ever seen, amazing as to how much he has improved over time
24) Conor McGregor- his 145 title run was very impressive, knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds and being the first man in the UFC to beat him is huge, his LW title win over Eddie was impressive, Eddie for a long time was hard to beat, but Conor made it look so easy, I can't put him higher since he has 0 title defenses
25) Weidman- finished Anderson twice, first man to beat Anderson in the UFC, beat TRT Vitor and Machida, 3 solid title defenses overall, just didn't do much after

Tier 6:
26) Chuck Liddell- wanted to put him higher since he was my all time favorite, but a lot of the best LHWs were in PRIDE at the time
27) Randy Couture- another guy I loved, impressive that he beat a lot of heavier guys when being counted out, but couldn't defend belts consistently
28) Ronda Rousey- put WMMA on the map, everyone knew she would go for Judo trips then armbar, but yet she couldn't be stopped for a while, I do think WMMA passed her by once Holly exposed her shit standup, I think Ronda could of been a lot better if she didn't have such shit coaching (was told she was doing great after round one against Holly L O L)
29) Joanna- dominant champ for a bit there
30) Dustin P.- probably the best UFC fighter to NEVER hold a real belt, his list of wins are so impressive; Max twice, Eddie, Justin, Chandler, etc. IF he ever became champ, I would move him up a couple of spots

4 women and conor in your top30? interesting

4 women and conor in your top30? interesting
ya it's hard to compare women in there, if I only did men, some people of course move up and then I would probably throw Werdum and Bendo in there

Back