Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

He should sue USADA for time lost.

has no case whatsoever, because he had retired and left the testing pool prior to his positive being announcenced.

so he didnt lose any time, because even had he not tested positive he would have had to do 6 months back in the testing pool.

he kinda fucked himself over by retiring 5 days after his sample was collected

he really should. They fucked him out of basically 2 years worth of pay. USADA is trash.

no, as above, they didnt. he had retired and left the testing pool so he wasnt eligible to fight anyway.

and even if he hadnt, his case wouldnt be against USADA it would be against the supplement company. he did test positive.

Prediction:

• Barnett signs with Bellator
  • Barnett becomes alternative for HW Grand Prix and fills in for the final fight
  • Barnett pops for PEDs the week of the fight and card is cancelled
  • Bellator folds

would fall in line with what he's done elsewhere in his career lol. Certainly hope he can find a few fights though as i've always been a big fan. Think he's one of the more well rounded HW fighters MMA has seen still.

Prediction:

• Barnett becomes alternative for HW Grand Prix and fills in for the final fight
  • Bellator folds
<{anton}>

has no case whatsoever, because he had retired and left the testing pool prior to his positive being announcenced.

so he didnt lose any time, because even had he not tested positive he would have had to do 6 months back in the testing pool.

he kinda fucked himself over by retiring 5 days after his sample was collected

did not know he retired 5 days before. Sucks for him guess he can't do much legally as you said.

Gotta make way for all those other HWs the UFC is going to sign.

Back on the sauce and a one way ticket to Japan I suppose. Can't think of anyone that can give him a fight in Rizin though. Is Kharitonov still alive?

Josh was never off the sauce so don’t expect The Ubermaster to arrive in Japan. It will be the Josh we’ve always known.

Josh was always rather unapologetic about being a roider. Probably why the fans forgave him despite being the most chronic offender in MMA. Josh has established that the criticism doesn’t mean shit to him which greatly dilutes the rush critics get from ripping him for it.

did not know he retired 5 days before. Sucks for him guess he can't do much legally as you said.

yeh, as soon as he retired and informed usada of that

a) he was no longer eligible to fight in the ufc without doing 6 months in the testing pool (so he could not possibly lose out on any ufc income)

b) there was no real rush in his case from either party because he was retired anyway and so unable to compete

Don't you need to sign papers though when you retire with usada? Or is that when just coming back from retirement

he told them to removed from the testing pool before the fighting of it.

usada said he reason to removed himself was cause he retired

That dude seems like a pain in the ass to work with.

Prediction:

• Bellator folds
<{outtahere}>

I hear like that Josh Barnett was invited to leave the UFC you know?

-Mackenzie Dern

Great guy, love his JRE episodes, hope he goes to Rizin or Bellator.

he told them to removed from the testing pool before the fighting of it.

usada said he reason to removed himself was cause he retired
Ahh cheers.

So he sorta fucked himself... He would have had a good case if he didn't.

I said when he was cleared that Josh would ask for his release from UFC. I imagine they couldn’t refuse after they banned him for so long unjustly.

Back