Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

UFC is garbage for still bringing Brock back but dont want to pay a skilled veteran like Barnett.

Lol he was knocked out cold via elbows by miss rowsey and choked out by a gatekeeper. We get you are anti ufc but you just look plain stupid spewing your “zomg pride will never die” agenda. I would spit right in your mouth if you were in front of me peasant!

imagine if he goes to Bellator and pulls an Affliction again in their HW tourney

Why would he be in the HW tourney that's already started tho <{clintugh}>
alternate. Cormier wasn't in the strikeforce HW tourney to begin with... didn't stop him from winning. Also, not like bellator hasn't claimed that one of their champs was injured to try to put a belt on king mo

Meh. Not a big loss. Barnett post Pride Career wasn't very active. His UFC career was just picking up a couple of paychecks.

Honestly, i assumed he was not in the UFC anymore over a year ago.

Hell Yeah! I hope this means we get to see him fight again soon. Dude should go to Japan. They love him there.

I dont feel sorry for career long cheat Barnett. I imagine he goes to Rizin so he can crush cans juiced up.

Only guy that I feel got a rough deal by USADA is Lyoto.

How many roid busts does he have? He got busted 3 times back when it was nearly impossible to get busted.

The UFC ever bringing him back was a joke.

Prediction:

• Barnett signs with Bellator
  • Barnett becomes alternative for HW Grand Prix and fills in for the final fight
  • Barnett pops for PEDs the week of the fight and card is cancelled
  • Bellator folds
My God dude. This would be hilariously awesome.

He must have asked for release. They CAN'T and wouldn't cut a great fighter like him, coming off a win.

Should spend a few months wrassling in Japan and taking vitamins then Bellator. Vs Fedor, Mir, Kongo, and so on. I wish Scott do a sweep of all the available top 100.

Good IMO. Never really cared for him, tons of failed drug tests, never showed up when he should have in his recent UFC stint ... probably better to get back on the juice and head back to Japan.

After a five-year stint with the UFC, veteran heavyweight Josh Barnett has been released from his contract.

Two people with knowledge of the situation, including a UFC official, informed MMAjunkie of Barnett’s release. They asked to remain anonymous because the news had not yet been made public.

Barnett’s release from his contract does not carry any stipulations and is considered a full separation from the UFC. The move comes three months after the 40-year-old fighter was exonerated by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for a failed drug test, receiving only a public warning from the UFC’s anti-doping partner.

It’s unclear exactly what led to Barnett’s release rather than a return to the octagon, where he most recently defeated ex-champ Andrei Arlovski at UFC Fight Night 93 in September 2016. Calls to the fighter and his management weren’t immediately returned.

Barnett expressed dismay with the results management process for his failed drug test. While he still wanted to compete, he said he didn’t trust USADA.

An out-of-competition test of Barnett revealed the presence of ostarine, a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) that mimics anabolic agents and is banned year-round. Although USADA found he was the victim of a contaminated supplement, he faced a four-year suspension before ultimately going to arbitration with USADA.

An independent arbitrator took note of Barnett’s meticulous record keeping of supplements and found he was not guilty of knowingly taking ostarine. Barnett later sued the supplement maker.

For more on the upcoming UFC schedule, visit the UFC Rumorssection of the site.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/ufc-releases-josh-barnett-after-five-years

He obviously did not want to fight for the UFC anymore, and I can't blame him. He'll likely be fighting elsewhere without all the bullshit.

alternate. Cormier wasn't in the strikeforce HW tourney to begin with... didn't stop him from winning. Also, not like bellator hasn't claimed that one of their champs was injured to try to put a belt on king mo

They already have alternates

Lol he was knocked out cold via elbows by miss rowsey and choked out by a gatekeeper. We get you are anti ufc but you just look plain stupid spewing your “zomg pride will never die” agenda. I would spit right in your mouth if you were in front of me peasant!
oooppzzz...u´re attackin´ Barnett but...but...he´s more a UFC dude than a Pride one... lmao

Back