News Jorge Masvidal Released From Active Roster due to Retirement

Masvidal also fought at 155. Big fuckin deal.
Masvidal moved up way before Nate. Also, why is Whorehey too big for Conor Mcnuggets, but not Nate Diaz?

Who cares why. Journeyman has been on a 4 fight losing streak. There is plenty of UFC fighters who retired that are still on the roster. Bottom line, journeyman was getting payed more then he was worth.

Masvidal moved up way before Nate. Also, why is Whorehey too big for Conor Mcnuggets, but not Nate Diaz?
I dunno man,youll have to ask Conor that one.

His best fight in the UFC was literally that fluke knee on Ben Askren. Same guy that got KO'd by a youtuber.

Tbf that Youtuber also beat two other former UFC champions.

Says more about MMA than it does the Youtuber

It would be outside the UFC
There's no USADA testing pool in MMA outside the UFC is there

Mas would need to re-enter USADA testing pool for 6 months to fight in the UFC, same with all fighters who return from 'retirement'

Who cares why. Journeyman has been on a 4 fight losing streak. There is plenty of UFC fighters who retired that are still on the roster. Bottom line, journeyman was getting payed more then he was worth.
Which retired fighters are still on the roster?

http://statleaders.ufc.com/fan_rankings

This is the fan rankings pool, which is what the Twitter bot tracks. Do you see any retired fighters in there?

Gregor Gillespie is not in the fan rankings pool due to inactivity, but afaik he is still under contract and could take a fight if he wanted to.

So again, the fact that Jorge Masvidal was removed from the pool does not mean he is free to fight elsewhere.

Hopefully he sticks to his choice, not much good comes out of fighters when they come back. He was a fun guy Tony Montana of mma.

There's no USADA testing pool in MMA outside the UFC is there

Mas would need to re-enter USADA testing pool for 6 months to fight in the UFC, same with all fighters who return from 'retirement'
Dude I'm saying he is gonna roid up and go to boxing, obviously he is not coming back to the UFC.

The BMF going 0-4 once winning the belt, including a grudge match where his rival humiliated him is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.
yeah fighting the top 5 guys all the time is really embarrassing:rolleyes:

Bizarre that the UFC didnt try everything they could to make that fight happen. A red hot streaking Masvidal at the peak of his star power versus Conor McGregor. That would be the biggest MMA fight ever and would have elevated the sport to an even higher level than where its currently at

McGregor avoided it like his life depended on it, rightfully so.

This is contrary to the UFC's policy of freezing the contracts of fighters who retire, so that they can't go elsewhere to make money. Good on Jorge.
I agree - it's not the way they do things, but perhaps it has to do either with Dana (in the sense that he plays favorites and treats select few fighters better than others) or WME-IMG (in the sense that perhaps they don't want the bad publicity that may come if Masvidal actually gets in real trouble with the law for the assault on Colby).

I thought Poirier and Mendes were actual contenders when they faced him.
Poirier wasn't. I think he had an inflated ranking of #7 at the time due to other guys losing/activity. Mendes wasn't even allowed to train first, only reason Conor/UFC made that fight, they knew Chad had been hunting and chilling for a couple months and Conor would only have to survive a few minutes.

Back