News Jorge Masvidal Released From Active Roster due to Retirement

someone should get a pool going on how quickly this guy winds up in jail post-ufc.

I don't think the UFC released Jorge.

The UFC Roster Watch is a bot that notices when fighters are removed from the UFC fan rankings pool. Since Masvidal is retired the UFC has no reason to keep him in there. Doesn't necessarily mean they'd let him fight anywhere else.
Exactly no way in hell they would release their biggest star besides Conor

It’s a surprise to me, they don’t typically let their biggest stars out of contracts, retired or not

He must have a good relationship with the UFC for them to let him out… or they realized he has one of the biggest contracts in the UFC and is not worth it whatsoever anymore and they thought he was willing to fight again if they wouldn’t let him out

I don't think the UFC released Jorge.

The UFC Roster Watch is a bot that notices when fighters are removed from the UFC fan rankings pool. Since Masvidal is retired the UFC has no reason to keep him in there. Doesn't necessarily mean they'd let him fight anywhere else.
Oh, good on you for saying that

I thought it was kinda weird they’d let him out of his contract

His best fight in the UFC was literally that fluke knee on Ben Askren. Same guy that got KO'd by a youtuber.
We get you don’t like Jorge, but saying his best fight was Askren is a bit much. Masvidal fought almost everyone at 155 in good standup battles.

the BMF title fight and build up was fun. Jorge KOing Till was cool. If you don’t like someone you don’t need to run their name into the ground.

Read thread title and tought he was in jail.

You mean that fake belt he got for beating a guy that fought a weight class below him, then went on a 4 fight losing streak, then retired.

Askren retired.. then got knocked out with the first punch against a YouTuber.

Don't really see Jorge in BKFC.

Jake Paul calling out Mas Boxing seems inevitable.

It’s a surprise to me, they don’t typically let their biggest stars out of contracts, retired or not

He must have a good relationship with the UFC for them to let him out… or they realized he has one of the biggest contracts in the UFC and is not worth it whatsoever anymore and they thought he was willing to fight again if they wouldn’t let him out

They're probably working hand in hand with him. Almost every card he's attached his name to as the 'promoter' is on Fight Pass.

Free to "heal from some injuries he had for a long time" and unretire.
Would have to re-enter USADA testing pool for 6 months before being eligible to fight

Back