Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Saw it I'm the theatre. It's a generic and predictable. I knew there was anti white themes and found them comical, to the point of laughing out loud...

In your last post, you found it "disappointing," and now you found it comical and were laughing out loud.

Cool story, bruh.

Saw it I'm the theatre. It's a generic and predictable. I knew there was anti white themes and found them comical, to the point of laughing out loud...
They were meant to be comical though, thats why i really enjoyed it.

Hipster movie. Everything ironic and no substance at the end of the day. The only thing that made it truly watchable was the lead actor, who was brilliant.
Shit lighting, shit make-up, hipster pretences, a parody of a parody, ugh.
6/10

Hipster movie. Everything ironic and no substance at the end of the day. The only thing that made it truly watchable was the lead actor, who was brilliant.
Shit lighting, shit make-up, hipster pretences, a parody of a parody, ugh.
6/10
And yet you give it 6/10.
Rotten Tomatoes approves.

yes, the lead actor was that good. His performance was 10, carried the movie, imo.
Yeah he was fantastic. I think the rest of it was better than you do, but Daniel Kaluuya was great. A breakout performance.

Well It had the 4th highest rotten tomatoes score of all time.

All that means is it had the fourth highest like to dislike ratio.

Which means that the vast majority of people think it's at least decent.

In your last post, you found it "disappointing," and now you found it comical and were laughing out loud.

Cool story, bruh.

ok, pal. You must really be a Peele fan. The movie was mediocre at best. You deserve no explanation but... after watching the trailers i was hoping it would be worth the $10 and the time i spent to watch it. It's attempt at being a "good" film was comical and it obviously played off the current anti white wave which at times was also amusing. Not the worst film but again, one of the most overrated...

All that means is it had the fourth highest like to dislike ratio.

Which means that the vast majority of people think it's at least decent.
Well no it had the 4th highest average rating. The top highest movie(wizard of oz) only has a 99% like ratio while there are several movies with 100%

EDIT: no im wrng actually but paddington 2 should be the highest.

Last edited:
Was meh at best. Literally a meh rating. If you have seen any solid thriller/horror, you would whoeheartedly agree. Film is so trash these days however so meh like this gets ends up getting praise.

ok, pal. You must really be a Peele fan. The movie was mediocre at best. You deserve no explanation but... after watching the trailers i was hoping it would be worth the $10 and the time i spent to watch it. It's attempt at being a "good" film was comical and it obviously played off the current anti white wave which at times was also amusing. Not the worst film but again, one of the most overrated...

I'm not defending Peele, I'm just trying to get a clear answer out of you. You're not using words properly.

So when you watched the trailer, you thought the white guys were the good guys?

Oh, so you found the racial parts of the film "amusing"? So you liked it? You know those parts were supposed to be funny, right?

But then you say "It's attempts at being a good film were comical?" You mean like the cinematography and writing and stuff?

Finally checked this out the other day.

It was okay. Good tension, that leaves you guessing what the hell is going on the whole time. Reveal was fine, but nothing amazing. Good performances all around. The humor in the movie was completely out of place though, and always felt forced. I'm getting a bit tired of that, TBH. The out of place, forced comedy bits, in movies where it just doesn't belong. You can't go serious, serious, serious, wacky Key and Peele banter, serious ,serous, serious. It's just so out of place. The movie did have a bit of a dark comedy vibe, but every time that TSA guy was on screen, it was like a totally different movie, and his character felt like it was plucked out of a flick like "Scary Movie".

Now, as far as the "racial undertones" go, meh. There were some digs here and there, but nothing overtly offensive, like Peele was attacking all white people, like some have suggested. I looked at it more as "crazy family" horror flick, and not a "fuck all white people" flick. Or that this was akin to movies you see where white people get lost in "the hood" with all those scary black gangbangers. This was a black guy lost in the white "hood". Meh, fair is fair.

Overall, it was solid. Nothing Oscar worthy, but a good little thriller.

7/10.

Last edited:

It was okay. Good tension, that leaves you guessing what the hell is going on the whole time. Reveal was fine, but nothing amazing. Good performances all around. The humor in the movie was completely out of place though, and always felt forced. I'm getting a bit tired of that, TBH. The out of place, forced comedy bits, in movies where it just doesn't belong. You can't go serious, serious, serious, wacky Key and Peele banter, serious ,serous, serious. It's just so out of place. The movie did have a bit of a dark comedy vibe, but every time that TFA guy was on screen, it was like a totally different movie, and his character felt like it was plucked out of a flick like "Scary Movie".

Now, as far as the "racial undertones" go, meh. There were some digs here and there, but nothing overtly offensive, like Peele was attacking all white people, like some have suggested. I looked at it more as "crazy family" horror flick, and not a "fuck all white people" flick. Or that this was akin to movies you see where white people get lost in "the hood" with all those scary black gangbangers. This was a black guy lost in the white "hood". Meh, fair is fair.

7/10.

Peele's revenge for Judgment Night. Oh wait...

denis-leary-judgment-night-1993-BPEB2F.jpg

I'm not defending Peele, I'm just trying to get a clear answer out of you. You're not using words properly.

So when you watched the trailer, you thought the white guys were the good guys?

Oh, so you found the racial parts of the film "amusing"? So you liked it? You know those parts were supposed to be funny, right?

But then you say "It's attempts at being a good film were comical?" You mean like the cinematography and writing and stuff?

...words is hard... forgive me for being less than clear, how long has it been since the movie was in the theater?

My general attitude toward contemporary film is cynical. I was swayed by the trailers, perhaps because it's been years since i've appreciated a film in theaters and coincidentally when this was playing I had the time and desire to enjoy the experience. It probably went something like "Hey friend, let's go see a movie, whats showing?" "Get Out looks like the best of the lot", "Ok, lets go to that"...

I don't remember thinking about one race being "good guys" because that's not how my mind works. What I found amusing was the sophomoric attempts at subtlety as it related to the overall and obvious themes that I don't remember specifically due to the time between viewing and now, but know they were racially motivated. I find peoples attempts to incite amusing to a degree. I understand there is the line of thought that says the "baiting" was comedic and/or intended to make one reflect on their own prejudice and maybe Peele was going for that or there were other motives, who knows.

Almost everything about the movie came off as, and I don't mean to be redundant, but sophomoric. The cinematography, and especially the sound come to mind. I remember sitting there and thinking this is clunky as the sound cues were old hat, combined with the shots, themes, dialog, characters and their interaction made the movie in my mind mediocre and way overrated. If this is what passes as award winning then my cynicism isn't without foundation...

Don't be a simpleton. The movies isn't worth any more mental energy, it was ok... that's my vote.

Oh yeah! My girlfriend likes to get mad at character behavior and choices and I always have to remind her of this. If characters in movies acted intelligent, it would make the writing a thousand times harder or the movie a thousand times shorter.

Every now and then a movie will have characters that aren't retards and the plot will drive them along, and those tend to be movies I enjoy. It ruins the immersion when I see character behavior that doesn't fit with rational people.

Goosebumps use to have choose your own adventure books.

The first one I read I chose to go home at the first option and the when I got to that page it said "You're no fun and the story is over" lol

Goosebumps use to have choose your own adventure books.

The first one I read I chose to go home at the first option and the when I got to that page it said "You're no fun and the story is over" lol

I used to read those books too! Very entertaining

It was okay. Good tension, that leaves you guessing what the hell is going on the whole time. Reveal was fine, but nothing amazing. Good performances all around. The humor in the movie was completely out of place though, and always felt forced. I'm getting a bit tired of that, TBH. The out of place, forced comedy bits, in movies where it just doesn't belong. You can't go serious, serious, serious, wacky Key and Peele banter, serious ,serous, serious. It's just so out of place. The movie did have a bit of a dark comedy vibe, but every time that TSA guy was on screen, it was like a totally different movie, and his character felt like it was plucked out of a flick like "Scary Movie".

7/10.

The majority of people getting their jimmies rustled are liberals. @HereticBD

...words is hard... forgive me for being less than clear, how long has it been since the movie was in the theater?

My general attitude toward contemporary film is cynical. I was swayed by the trailers, perhaps because it's been years since i've appreciated a film in theaters and coincidentally when this was playing I had the time and desire to enjoy the experience. It probably went something like "Hey friend, let's go see a movie, whats showing?" "Get Out looks like the best of the lot", "Ok, lets go to that"...

I don't remember thinking about one race being "good guys" because that's not how my mind works. What I found amusing was the sophomoric attempts at subtlety as it related to the overall and obvious themes that I don't remember specifically due to the time between viewing and now, but know they were racially motivated. I find peoples attempts to incite amusing to a degree. I understand there is the line of thought that says the "baiting" was comedic and/or intended to make one reflect on their own prejudice and maybe Peele was going for that or there were other motives, who knows.

Almost everything about the movie came off as, and I don't mean to be redundant, but sophomoric. The cinematography, and especially the sound come to mind. I remember sitting there and thinking this is clunky as the sound cues were old hat, combined with the shots, themes, dialog, characters and their interaction made the movie in my mind mediocre and way overrated. If this is what passes as award winning then my cynicism isn't without foundation...

Don't be a simpleton. The movies isn't worth any more mental energy, it was ok... that's my vote.

You know the movie was a comedy, right? Everything you described makes it sound like you thought it would be a drama. Did you see it in a theater with other people? When I saw it, we were all laughing the whole time.

That's why I keep asking what you got from the trailer. Did you think it would be some cerebral horror movie? Did you not notice it would be obviously racial? Everyone who went into it expecting it to be a racial comedy that touched on some deeper racial themes (I think you're either not giving it enough credit or missed some things--the possession of black bodies is a rather new line of thought in modern sociology and there certainly haven't been any films that tackled it this way) seemed to think ot was good, at least. But if you went in expecting some horror film that had nothing to do with race, I could see how you'd be disappointed.

Back