Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
He was great in Black Mirror and Psychoville, and actually wrote an hour long episode of the primetime drama, Skins, aged just 17.

I take it he has an American accent in Get Out?
Yes, I assumed he was American after watching the movie, but then I googled his name and found out that he's not. His accent is 100% authentic-sounding, in my opinion.

I thought I did that...maybe I forgot the quotation marks, hence the reason I couldn't find it

Actually, I just tried it out, and is kind of a mess. Try putting Jordan Peele in the search bar as well.

Yes, I assumed he was American after watching the movie, but then I googled his name and found out that he's not. His accent is 100% authentic-sounding, in my opinion.

Watching now and his accent is indeed on point.

0cd7028545c881fbdc2e447b81937355.gif
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Maybe there was an allusion in the movie title Get Out to that famous Arnold Terminator line. (Or was it from T2?)

I thought it was okay. I think given the hype I was expecting more. Would give it 3/5.

It was a good and fun movie, but definitely overrated

Get Out and Black Panther are the 2 Greatest Movies made in the past 20 - 30 years. Possibly Ever!

Get Out and Black Panther are the 2 Greatest Movies made in the past 20 - 30 years. Possibly Ever!

You beat me to it.

Truly cinematic masterpieces of our times.

Right up there with :

Gone with the Wind
Citizen Kane
Forest Gump
Zoolander 2
Titanic
Schindlers List
Terminator 2

It was pretty good...

I had me wondering though, do black people who live in large urban cities really see rural white America this way?

You know, having cult like gatherings, enslaving random minorities for sport. Or maybe it's a fear they have. Kind of like how some people have a fear of somehow getting lost in a St Louis ghetto?

lol

I thought it was great. Good acting, interesting plot, genuinely scary and unnerving.

It was a silly movie. Kinda entertaining though.

saw it, its overrated social justice garbage with hacks all over the place.

the TSA guy was funny though, that is the only positive i got from that shit show of a movie

Black Panther, there's another one.

Decent movie, but not even close to being the greatest superhero movie ever or anything like that. It was the same old shit imo - would've been a lot cooler if they just ended it after Michael B Jordan became king/Black Panther II or whatever

Doesn't even come close to Dark Knight

<{cum@me}>

never heard of it.

*goes to IMBD

meh, 7.7 for both get out and black panther.

trailer and scene clips for get out look mildly amusing

comic book movies are dumb, do not want

haven't watched a single one

comic book movies are dumb, do not want

haven't watched a single one

How you can have an opinion on comic book movies (i.e., they are dumb) if you have never watched a single one?

because I'm an adult with no time for kiddie movies with terrible plots, terrible acting and laden with
gratuitous CGI.
That's how.

I thought it was pretty ok, nothing special but still a decent horror movie.

Back