Jones vs Cain

Good answer. But that insane reach and height advantage that Jones has over DC, he won't have as much against Cain. I don't think Cain will use leg kicks. I see Cain bullying Jones against the fence and dirty boxing him. DC has most of his success in the clinch and Cain is a monster there.... well, if you're not Werdum, that is.
The height and reach advantage Jones had over DC won't be as great but it'd still be massive. Jones used similar game plans against guys like Rampage, Tiexera, and Machida, who are all as tall as or taller then what Cain is listed at and Cain may be shorter then 6'1" which he is listed at. To add to that the reach and leg reach advantage Jones will have will be massive.

I think Cain's best strategy is pushing an incredible pace and trying to find Jones' chin but more importantly trying to chop those legs down as Jones backs up, those leg kicks were even starting to affect Werdum though many people missed that. Jones has skinny legs it'd be an oversight not to attack them and see what happens. Cain has excellent cardio I feel like focusing on pressuring Jones striking with better boxing and kicking those legs out is money in the bank.

I don't trust Cain's chin in the clinch because we know Jones has incredible elbows, I just don't trust Cain's chin vs. Jones elbows. To add to that his chin has to be getting worn down fighting DC at AKA everyday, if you watch some of their training videos, DC is literally tanking power body kicks from Rockhold. Their training methods are plain idiotic.

My biggest worry for Cain if I were his corner men would be if he can't take Jones down what then? I think Cain doesn't do as much damage in the clinch as people think, I think Cain is good in the clinch mostly because his werstling is better then most people and he doesn't have to worry about TD's, once he faces someone like Jones who actually has a diverse clinch striking game with spinning elbows, punches, knees, even shoulder strikes I think his clinch game might look rudimentary.

The clear word from multiple sources, fighters, etc.. is when Cain is on.. no one touches him in that gym... their is a reason why they decided to go MW/LHW/HW and Cain got the bigger division.
When the UFC absorbed Strikeforce Cain was already UFC HW champ.

Nobody knows what would have happened if JDS or Werdum or Carwin or anyone else was champ.

DC didn't want to fight his friend. That's why he moved down. And I've heard the opposite. When DC and Cain go at it DC gets the best of him.

Jones lack of power hurts him in the HW division. If he had power, with this reach, he would have been champ but I see a lot of HW just walking through his shots and overpowering him. I do agree with you on Francis, I think his reach is 83? He's far bigger and has vicious power. I don't see Jones overpowering him or bullying Francis like he does to LHWs. Don't get me wrong, Jones is very, very good but all about match ups, like it is always said.
Indeed. I love Cain, he beat the fuck outta my boy, Lesnar but I'll always be a fan. Shame he is mostly injured.

Jones has serious issues in the HW division he will go vs fighters that do not fear his power one bit and will be willing to eat his shots just to deliver some of theirs.

JDS / Stipe / Reem even mid level guys like Big Ben or the new guy Francis can pose huge problems for Jon Jones.

And every time we saw people being competitive with Jones on physicality and size just being in the same neighborhood of his height and reach like Gus or even mid level fighters like OSP and Bonnar made him look human.

Size plays a real factor in Jones game and if he moves up he will be in the same realm with other fighters closing in on his stats and the biggest problem is power, he clearly lacks it he probably saw it in training he knows skill wise he can best plenty of them top HWs but he knows his negative points there is a reason why he didn't go up be sure of that.

Cain is worse than DC at every aspect of MMA.

Slower
shittier wrestling
shittier boxing

But he's a little bit bigger so he'll beat Jones lol

This! JBJ made DC cry like a bitch when everybode thought he was the new coming of FEDOR. Black FEDOR 2.0. Then this lanky chicken legged bastard did what he does best... make champions, ex-champions, olympians feel like they are in the wrong league or even the wrong sport. He is the MJ of MMA. And Cain is just another champion. Cain may cry.
PS.: Somebody hacked your account dude and replaced your AV with a naked manlet!!!

Heh....No, i lost an AV sig bet recently.

When the UFC absorbed Strikeforce Cain was already UFC HW champ.

Nobody knows what would have happened if JDS or Werdum or Carwin or anyone else was champ.

DC didn't want to fight his friend. That's why he moved down. And I've heard the opposite. When DC and Cain go at it DC gets the best of him.

Yea I get that but it's the HW division you won't rule it long.. he went for LHW for a reason be sure of that.

Lol I've been fallowing AKA for a long long time and I never heard anyone say DC gets Cain ? the heck.. how did I even get that info slip by me ? any info or tip to where I can find it ?

Why do you think DC beats Cain? People like to quote Dc a lot, about how Cain runs through him in training but he's just being a good friend. DC, has better boxing I think, and better wrestling but Cain's power, size is an interesting factor, not to mention his cardio.
Jones at 182 was insane. DC put a lot of pressure in the clinch but damn, Jones looked he could still go for another 5 rounds after the fight. The biggest disadvantage is the reach, DC HAS to take shots to get a clinch and Jones took advantage of that by targeting his body. His bodywork on DC was the real factor.
I just think DC does most of the things Cain does better. Better one shot power. Better wrestling. Both have duck cardio.

Only advantage I think Cain has is his natural height and reach advantage. And kicks. Cain kicks way better then DC.

Yea I get that but it's the HW division you won't rule it long.. he went for LHW for a reason be sure of that.

Lol I've been fallowing AKA for a long long time and I never heard anyone say DC gets Cain ? the heck.. how did I even get that info slip by me ? any info or tip to where I can find it ?
Ok let me phrase what I said better.

From what I've heard Cain actually does get the better of DC but when DC goes full on mode he switches his wrestling on and Cain goes down and never gets up again.

The height and reach advantage Jones had over DC won't be as great but it'd still be massive. Jones used similar game plans against guys like Rampage, Tiexera, and Machida, who are all as tall as or taller then what Cain is listed at and Cain may be shorter then 6'1" which he is listed at. To add to that the reach and leg reach advantage Jones will have will be massive.

I think Cain's best strategy is pushing an incredible pace and trying to find Jones' chin but more importantly trying to chop those legs down as Jones backs up, those leg kicks were even starting to affect Werdum though many people missed that. Jones has skinny legs it'd be an oversight not to attack them and see what happens. Cain has excellent cardio I feel like focusing on pressuring Jones striking with better boxing and kicking those legs out is money in the bank.

I don't trust Cain's chin in the clinch because we know Jones has incredible elbows, I just don't trust Cain's chin vs. Jones elbows. To add to that his chin has to be getting worn down fighting DC at AKA everyday, if you watch some of their training videos, DC is literally tanking power body kicks from Rockhold. Their training methods are plain idiotic.

My biggest worry for Cain if I were his corner men would be if he can't take Jones down what then? I think Cain doesn't do as much damage in the clinch as people think, I think Cain is good in the clinch mostly because his werstling is better then most people and he doesn't have to worry about TD's, once he faces someone like Jones who actually has a diverse clinch striking game with spinning elbows, punches, knees, even shoulder strikes I think his clinch game might look rudimentary.
Cain has about a 5 inch reach advantage over Rampage and Machida, not too sure but I think he has 78? I understand where you are coming from but the difference is their styles and strengths. None of those three fight like Cain does, DC did and like I said before, Jones won but it wasn't easy at a.
I think Cain started kicking Doom's leg because he was confident about his TDD (still got taken down later lol) against Jones, I don't think he'll try that. Like I said, DC had success in the clinch and Cain I think will try to replicate that, with more cardio and power.
I don't see Jones landing those elbows man, especially with his back against the fence also, I think has a damn good chin, he's taken some bad shots from JDS, even took 2-3 knees from Werdum, he got hurt but was right back up, unlike Hunt.
Third point, if Cain is not worried about the ground, he will maul you, that's why I think he beats Jones. Cain will fucking die trying but he will always look to take you down, from the fence. He attempted ove 30 TD against Junior. Cain is relentless and I don't think a few missed TDs will deter him from trying. I think he wins in the clinch, again, Jones is very good, don't get me wrong, he's made for this sport but his lack of power will hurt him in the HW div.

I just think DC does most of the things Cain does better. Better one shot power. Better wrestling. Both have duck cardio.

Only advantage I think Cain has is his natural height and reach advantage. And kicks. Cain kicks way better then DC.
I don't think DC hits harder than Cain. I've gone over this in the previous page. Both don't have the OHKO power of someone like JDS but Cain has mangled the faces of Lesnar, JDS and Bigfoot. He dropped JDS in the first round of their second fight, IIRC.
I do agree DC has better boxing but the biggest factor I think will be Cain's cardio. He won't stop clinching and attacking Jones from start to finish.

I can hear Joe Rogan losing it when JBJ gets the very first takedown of that fight.

472eaa39751751a4997c459ccc3d5aa1.jpg

This is what Cain's punches do to you.

Ok let me phrase what I said better.

From what I've heard Cain actually does get the better of DC but when DC goes full on mode he switches his wrestling on and Cain goes down and never gets up again.

Oh.. okay.

Yea DC has better wrestling / dirty boxing / subs.

Cain has better kick-boxing / cardio / pace&pressure / bigger man stats wise and a bit of and edge in power.

In a fight if it's 5 rounds I'm picking Cain hands down... 3 it's tricky maybe DC can get 2 rounds... people kinda forget that DC lost that Jones fight in the 4/5th rounds it was 3-2 in the end and a lot of pressure was put on "get he get him down" and that was instantly seen like a win for Jones when he couldn't and Jones got the early trip got that moment in the end of a round with his hand on his head, got him down a few times when he was gassed etc.. it wasn't a clear wash it was competitive and DC's cardio and Jones strategy were the key factors.

I don't know how that rematch will go down to many x factors like DC's age is getting up there and he ain't fresh one bit he is a dude with an hard olympic wrestling career behind him then again Jones with the eyes of the world on him no more "dick pills" (aka ROIDs) who knows.. but it will be hard and gritty for both of them.

472eaa39751751a4997c459ccc3d5aa1.jpg

This is what Cain's punches do to you.

Yea he has power clearly.. but it's not 1 punch KO power that's why people don't get it (even called him pillow fist around 2009) takes a certain style and commitment to pull of those finishes and it's clearly something Cain didn't trained for or better said commit to that type of style and for good reason if we think about it he took the least path of resistance for success using his chain wrestling, cardio and insane pace fallowed it up with GnP that he perfected just look at older fights and you can see the differences he trained that GnP.

Oh.. okay.

Yea DC has better wrestling / dirty boxing / subs.

Cain has better kick-boxing / cardio / pace&pressure / bigger man stats wise and a bit of and edge in power.

In a fight if it's 5 rounds I'm picking Cain hands down... 3 it's tricky maybe DC can get 2 rounds... people kinda forget that DC lost that Jones fight in the 4/5th rounds it was 3-2 in the end and a lot of pressure was put on "get he get him down" and that was instantly seen like a win for Jones when he couldn't and Jones got the early trip got that moment in the end of a round with his hand on his head, got him down a few times when he was gassed etc.. it wasn't a clear wash it was competitive and DC's cardio and Jones strategy were the key factors.

I don't know how that rematch will go down to many x factors like DC's age is getting up there and he ain't fresh one bit he is a dude with an hard olympic wrestling career behind him then again Jones with the eyes of the world on him no more "dick pills" (aka ROIDs) who knows.. but it will be hard and gritty for both of them.
I'm a Jones fan but I hope DC can have a Rocky moment and actually beats him. Then retires before a rubber match is made.

The problem is I don't see the second fight going any different than the first.

Both DC and Jones are clinch masters and I just think Jones does it more effective. And man reach advantage is no joke. DC has to eat a kick, flick jab, and a knee just to land 1 punch.

Last edited:
Yea he has power clearly.. but it's not 1 punch KO power that's why people don't get it (even called him pillow fist around 2009) takes a certain style and commitment to pull of those finishes and it's clearly something Cain didn't trained for or better said commit to that type of style and for good reason if we think about it he took the least path of resistance for success using his chain wrestling, cardio and insane pace fallowed it up with GnP that he perfected just look at older fights and you can see the differences he trained that GnP.

HW's GNP is always vicious. You have to carry 200 plus pounds and then suffer punches from the top. Cain has some of the most heavy top control in the game and he's a great wrestler, good at isolating your arms, locking up your limbs and then attacking nonstop with his hands. He got hurt in the Kongo fight but damn, that GNP was ungodly.

This is what Cain would look like after the first round. Jonnys elbows are made for slicing, you know?
I doubt Cain gives him space for his spinning elbows. I also think Cain can take it. He has a really good chin too.

I'm a Jones fan but I hope DC can have a Rocky moment and actually beats him. Then retires before a rubber match is made.

I don't know.. he has the mental edge from the first fight he has the youth and those insane stats.. DC is already fighting a big uphill battle vs a skilled, younger, way better shape fighter.

I guess DC can pull confidence in the lack of dick pills but who knows.

DC game plan wise was also a bit of a miss to me, he put so much stock in those takedowns he got obsessed at one point and I think that didn't work in his favor one bit.

HW's GNP is always vicious. You have to carry 200 plus pounds and then suffer punches from the top. Cain has some of the most heavy top control in the game and he's a great wrestler, good at isolating your arms, locking up your limbs and then attacking nonstop with his hands. He got hurt in the Kongo fight but damn, that GNP was ungodly.

I doubt Cain gives him space for his spinning elbows. I also think Cain can take it. He has a really good chin too.

Na, not that spinning shit. (Maybe in the later rounds.) Short elbows in the clinch and after the takedown! ;) Yea. I think Jon would outwrestle Cain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back