Jones vs Cain

Nobody.
Between Cain's back, and JBJ's urine, they'd never make it to the cage.

Na, not that spinning shit. (Maybe in the later rounds.) Short elbows in the clinch and after the takedown! ;) Yea. I think Jon would outwrestle Cain.
Agree to disagree then lol. I know you say that because Jones outwrestled DC but dude, he has insane advantages over DC and even then, he started taking him down when DC was gassed. He took him down in the first too but that was from a kick IIRC.

Agree to disagree then lol. I know you say that because Jones outwrestled DC but dude, he has insane advantages over DC and even then, he started taking him down when DC was gassed. He took him down in the first too but that was from a kick IIRC.

I'm a big Cain and DC fanboy. I actually was pretty sure DC will pick him up and spike him in the ground. Win the wrestling. Then Jones did what a legend does to champions. They take their magic and make them look like human.

Cain is worse than DC at every aspect of MMA.

Slower
shittier wrestling
shittier boxing

But he's a little bit bigger so he'll beat Jones lol

Every aspect?

zoDasyO.gif

tumblr_oa42a92IDr1qa33wlo1_500.gif

Nah dawg.

I have this weird feeling that Cain would look like crap against Jones. He does have better hand speed and tighter combinations than Jones, but I have this feeling Cain would have trouble. Like what if Jones can literally neutralize Cain from inside? And/or Cain's TDs just fail to work? I think it could look like Jones pressing Cain up against the fence, landing elbows, and Cain actually gassing from straining TDs. There's nothing saying Cain can't be taken down while he's tired and choked out or anything.

lol! Nice move: Faking the left, the spinning backfist and landing the kick! Mr. Rousey blinked. But you actually need the slomo only to see Cains bodyfat wobble.

I have this weird feeling that Cain would look like crap against Jones. He does have better hand speed and tighter combinations than Jones, but I have this feeling Cain would have trouble. Like what if Jones can literally neutralize Cain from inside? And/or Cain's TDs just fail to work? I think it could look like Jones pressing Cain up against the fence, landing elbows, and Cain actually gassing from straining TDs. There's nothing saying Cain can't be taken down while he's tired and choked out or anything.

Sounds likely to me.

Last edited:
There's so many x-factors going into any new Jones fight, and on top of that, ya'll have this image of an unbeatable boogey-man in your head. I'm not saying he's not great, or he wasn't the P4P #1, or even that he wasn't becoming the GOAT, but he's fought once in two years, and a lot has changed since then.

#1- this is a big one. We don't know how Jon would look at HW. You can make all the arguments you want and have the power of belief that Jon would still wreck, but there's no proof. Does he just cut to the minimum limit for HW without putting on much size? Then 30+ lbs for his opponents at fight time would make a big difference. Would Jones brick up to 245+? Well he'd be significantly slower, would his cardio still hold up?

2#- Size matters. Jones struggled against Gus worse than he did against many other fighters. I'm not saying he lost, but it made a difference. Cain is taller and weighs more, and he has good experience fighting taller fighters.

3#- Would he be on PEDs or not? Fighters fight differently when they have PEDs, and it's not speculation when I say that this question hangs over Jones' head. It's also worth asking where Jon's head is at mentally, but that's an impossible question to answer, so I won't even factor that in.

4#- and this is an under-rated factor to me: His open-hand eye poke defense has been made illegal. Whether you believed he poked eyes intentionally or not, you can't say that this specific defense, holding your open hand out in front of your opponent's face wasn't utilized by him.

Cain has two big X-factors himself: is he healthy and is he rusty?

I don't know who wins, but I think Cain looked better in his last fight, but then he got injured again.

Trying to pretend that Cain is just DC but worse is stupid. Cain is faster, puts more pressure, and his TDDs are often power doubles more than trips. Also, saying that DC has more power than Cain seems suspect since Cain has stumbled more fighters and KO/TKOed more as well.

There's so many x-factors going into any new Jones fight, and on top of that, ya'll have this image of an unbeatable boogey-man in your head. I'm not saying he's not great, or he wasn't the P4P #1, or even that he wasn't becoming the GOAT, but he's fought once in two years, and a lot has changed since then.

#1- this is a big one. We don't know how Jon would look at HW. You can make all the arguments you want and have the power of belief that Jon would still wreck, but there's no proof. Does he just cut to the minimum limit for HW without putting on much size? Then 30+ lbs for his opponents at fight time would make a big difference. Would Jones brick up to 245+? Well he'd be significantly slower, would his cardio still hold up?

2#- Size matters. Jones struggled against Gus worse than he did against many other fighters. I'm not saying he lost, but it made a difference. Cain is taller and weighs more, and he has good experience fighting taller fighters.

3#- Would he be on PEDs or not? Fighters fight differently when they have PEDs, and it's not speculation when I say that this question hangs over Jones' head. It's also worth asking where Jon's head is at mentally, but that's an impossible question to answer, so I won't even factor that in.

4#- and this is an under-rated factor to me: His open-hand eye poke defense has been made illegal. Whether you believed he poked eyes intentionally or not, you can't say that this specific defense, holding your open hand out in front of your opponent's face wasn't utilized by him.

Cain has two big X-factors himself: is he healthy and is he rusty?

I don't know who wins, but I think Cain looked better in his last fight, but then he got injured again.

Trying to pretend that Cain is just DC but worse is stupid. Cain is faster, puts more pressure, and his TDDs are often power doubles more than trips. Also, saying that DC has more power than Cain seems suspect since Cain has stumbled more fighters and KO/TKOed more as well.
QFT. Agree with you on all points. There are some things that DC does better but of course, Cain is better in other areas too. The only bad match up I see for Cain is Werdum because of his ground game or Stipe because he is just that good. Cain won't give a shit about Jones' guard and keep trying to take him down and without the fear of eye pokes and lack of power, I see Cain controlling Jones to a UD or a late TKO.

Not an easy fight but Jones wins a decision maybe even a late stoppage.

DC

Exact opposite is true. DC is stronger/more powerful than Cain. Look at how's he's built. Like a fire hydrant.

And as far as punching power goes DC kill shotted TRT Big Foot dead with one punch.

After that happened Cain turned Big Foot's head into a basketball.
I dont see how anyone would think DC is more powerful. cain steamrolled everone hes faced besides Dum. HW are larger than LHW and Cain has no probs.

Cain wins in 3rd or 4th round.

While Jon Jones is good and a pain with his style since it does keep people at bay and playing into his game.

Cain is just a different monster who literally keeps coming forward for 5 rounds straight without break, and Jones cannot handle that, fact is, Jones Vs DC was close in round 1, 2 and 3 and you can argue DC was in front of him in them rounds, and round 4 and 5, both fighters where tired and gassed, but Jones showed that he had better will and kept coming forward, however, he barely done anything but keep him on the fence and hug him.

Jones beat DC, however, he barely beat him, and literally just played it technical in round 4 and 5 by keeping him on the fence and doing nothing but get 2 take downs which DC got back up from.

Now imagine Cain, who puts far more pressure then DC, and has better striking then DC, and has much better condition then DC and more reach ? Yeah, I don't see Jones lasting long. The only way Jones is going to him, is if he takes him down and subs him, however, Cain is a good wrestlers who got Brock lesnar of him so I don't see Jones doing any better.

Cain wins 8/10. Jones won't do well in heavyweight.

If cain doesn't fucking pull out I think his cardio is just too good and he's just bigger than jones and he would end up beating the shit out of jones in one of the later rounds.

I dont see how anyone would think DC is more powerful. cain steamrolled everone hes faced besides Dum. HW are larger than LHW and Cain has no probs.
You do know DC steam rolled Big Foot, Barnett, Mir, Big Country and every other HW he faced. There's no one who Cain beat that DC wouldn't.

You do know DC steam rolled Big Foot, Barnett, Mir, Big Country and every other HW he faced. There's no one who Cain beat that DC wouldn't.
Not quite. that isnt a fact its your opinion. Cain has beat the cream of the crop at HW. DC is great. i thibk Cain is better

Cains biggest asset is the clinch with dirty boxing. Jones is great in that area and would just take Cain down. Or Cain would try n box and JJ years him apart with acl kicks, eye pokes, n the occasional clean shot

Not quite. that isnt a fact its your opinion. Cain has beat the cream of the crop at HW. DC is great. i thibk Cain is better
You have your opinion. I have mine. Until we sneak a camera into AKA well never know for sure.

Back