'Jones is the greatest. USADA may have made his test positive.' - Don Frye

He's probably of the belief that everyone is on steroids and that Jones is the one who got caught. I do believe most used before USADA, but the majority I believe are clean now.

Frye probably feels this way because he fought during a more wild west type of atmosphere when he was fighting with regard to PEDs.

The reason I'm not certain is the type of steroid he was busted with; Turinabol. This is not your run of the mill drug. It's a straight up steroid, not just a PED. I don't see Jones or his camp being stupid enough to take this given he was already busted once.

That makes no sense at all.

This is a drug numerous Olympic failed for.

“Jon’s the greatest fighter to enter the cage. The problem with these drug tests is they catch who they want to catch,” Frye explained. “So, with that being said, it could be tainted. If they wanted you to be positive, you will be positive. [Jon Jones] is a hell of an athlete to make an example out of, right?.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/9/23/...-usada-catches-who-they-want-to-catch-ufc-mma

Woah - tough words from a tough man. While Jones has no one to blame if he intentionally took PEDs, I wouldn't be surprised if the USADA is selective in who they hit. It's all a corrupt ring, from the UFC to the USADA, to the athletic commissions.

#FreeBones

Yeahno

I like and respect Don Frye but this is literally insane. What possible motive could USADA have for "making" Jones guilty?

Frye is implying that USADA put steroids in Jones sample to bust him.
I interpreted as "Theyll make sure you get caught".
You could be right though, Frye has never been cogent to me

It's phrased poorly, but it is true IMO. More like - there is a small, but non-zero chance he already is on the other side of the wall. Or that the wall is on the other side of him.
If it's your opinion, that isn't true, that makes it your belief. Unless it's a paper wall, two solid objects under normal circumstances aren't paying through each other

I would doubt that USADA as an orginiaztion is corrupt but it only takes one guy with access to the sample that has to be corrupted, if you offer some lab tech 3 times his yearly salary in cash to corrupt a sample it probably wouldn't be hard to find one that would take the deal, there are plenty of people who hate Jones so someone (deservedly) dicking his career wouldn't be surprising.

Don, this is why you shouldn't be a horse shoer, them damn horses kick you in the head, you say goofy chit

I would doubt that USADA as an orginiaztion is corrupt but it only takes one guy with access to the sample that has to be corrupted, if you offer some lab tech 3 times his yearly salary in cash to corrupt a sample it probably wouldn't be hard to find one that would take the deal, there are plenty of people who hate Jones so someone (deservedly) dicking his career wouldn't be surprising.
The lab techs don't know which sample belongs to who.

Caught for Coke, admitted.

Caught for "dick pills" admitted taking dick pills.

Caught for roids......stitch up.

Don Frye is not a smart man.

He's not very bright. Can you imagine the fuss Jones would be making if he was clean? No innocent person stays silent while being falsely flagged and having their belt taken away.

Don Frye is fucking awesome. Never agreed with anyone more.

Back