Jones is destroying heavyweight

Hate or whatever, but I don't remember Jones taking time off for an injury before. He's had his off time for bullshit for everything else, but even after breaking his toe in a nasty way against Chael in April 27th 2013, he fought Gus September 22 2013. Dude has paid his dues in the UFC, so of all injured champs, you gotta give him time to heal to defend. I understand most here hate Jones so want him to retire and leave, but there is a small remnant of meritocracy still in UFC.

Tom Aspinall has shown the skills to potentially be the Stipe Miocic of this generation of heavyweight. But Jones has been sitting on the title for over a year and refuses to fight him. Imagine if Werdum had ducked Stipe for two years and then retired without ever facing him. Stipe would not have set the title defense record and not be considered UFC GOAT heavyweight. He would just be another guy who got the belt one time. Jones is screwing over every active heavyweight in the top 5 from having a legacy of their own.
this is like a water is wet take. everybody with some grain of cognitive ability will agree with but there will always be that minority of idiots that will take the opposing unhinged stance.

Hate or whatever, but I don't remember Jones taking time off for an injury before. He's had his off time for bullshit for everything else, but even after breaking his toe in a nasty way against Chael in April 27th 2013, he fought Gus September 22 2013. Dude has paid his dues in the UFC, so of all injured champs, you gotta give him time to heal to defend. I understand most here hate Jones so want him to retire and leave, but there is a small remnant of meritocracy still in UFC.
These situations are not congruent at all. It would be different story if he was postponing a fight against him and the Interim Champ but he's instead postponing a fight against a fireman that hasn't won a fight in 4 years.

These situations are not congruent at all. It would be different story if he was postponing a fight against him and the Interim Champ but he's instead postponing a fight against a fireman that hasn't won a fight in 4 years.
I mean he's fighting a guy who's last fight he was champion and is still actively ranked. I think rankings are garbage. Also Stipe joined UFC after Jones and has less fights than Jones. There is only a 5 year age difference between Jones/Stipe. It's the highest selling fight for Jones at HW. I could go on for positive reasons why the fight makes sense.

Jiri hurts his shoulder and needs 6 months? Vacate belt. Jamahal hill too. Jones tears pec and is out for over a year to fight a guy who’s almost 50, don’t vacate. Makes sense

I mean he's fighting a guy who's last fight he was champion and is still actively ranked. I think rankings are garbage. Also Stipe joined UFC after Jones and has less fights than Jones. There is only a 5 year age difference between Jones/Stipe. It's the highest selling fight for Jones at HW. I could go on for positive reasons why the fight makes sense.
Stipe is not the best challenger by a mile and does not deserve the title shot in 2024, period....Also nobody knows about Stipe outside of this community, you are inflating his popularity a ton. Sure, Jones has some years on his body but if his point is to prove that he's the best to do it, he should fight the best to do it now not ages ago.

Tom Aspinall has shown the skills to potentially be the Stipe Miocic of this generation of heavyweight. But Jones has been sitting on the title for over a year and refuses to fight him. Imagine if Werdum had ducked Stipe for two years and then retired without ever facing him. Stipe would not have set the title defense record and not be considered UFC GOAT heavyweight. He would just be another guy who got the belt one time. Jones is screwing over every active heavyweight in the top 5 from having a legacy of their own.
Jones is far and away the fighter I despise the most. Some hate Colby for his fake persona, but Jones is a true piece of shit to his core.
A gifted fighter with great skills everywhere, but also a steroid cheat that changes every fight with blatant fouls and shady tactics.

Your whole post is revisonist history.

Francis wanted 1 fight deal to fight Jones then to be able to leave after. The UFC said noooooo.

Was that Ngannous actual counter offer?? To let his existing deal expire and then sign a 1 fight deal?? The UFC offered 3 fights.

When the Jones vs Stipe card bombs and he doesn't make hardly anything in PPV points, I wonder if he'll decide to fight Tom to try and get one final payday.

Cocaine is expensive, after all

Jones is screwing over every active heavyweight in the top 5 from having a legacy of their own.

Sounds like they should do something other than bellyache about it. Everyone's trying to respect their way into a better spot instead of picking a fight.

The Jones Stipe fight is in fucking November. Fuck that's a long time
Allegedly.

Stipe's been out for so long and is so old and shopworn at this point that there's a decent chance he gets injured imo.

I wonder if they'll push it back or give Tom the fight.

Probably the first option since they're apparently determined to avoid giving Jones any tough fights at HW.

Stipe is not the best challenger by a mile and does not deserve the title shot in 2024, period....Also nobody knows about Stipe outside of this community, you are inflating his popularity a ton. Sure, Jones has some years on his body but if his point is to prove that he's the best to do it, he should fight the best to do it now not ages ago.
He doesn't deserve a titleshot. I hate the way the UFC has been deciding titleshots lately. However, under their logic he's perfectly fine. I still think the matchup is fair with similarly shop worn guys at HW for retirement.

Was that Ngannous actual counter offer?? To let his existing deal expire and then sign a 1 fight deal?? The UFC offered 3 fights.

I'm not shitting on Francis. I'm defending Jones.

I'm shitting on the UFC for Jones v Francis not happening. At the end of the day that is the true culprit.

Doesn't the interim strap pay the same as the undisputed? Tom's the current champ, he could've just fought and proceeded with his legacy like DC did. And if Jones shows up or vacate is whatever, not up to him.

Stipe, in comparison, had nothing. No belt.

What is this bullshit......

Who is the interim champ? Aspinall. So who should fight for the title?

It is that easy.

It truely seems like you are in love with jon jones, because you have such a warped perception of him and his career. He has always fought people much smaller than him, or at the tail end of their careers. And he still doped to the gills to do that.

It truely seems like you are in love with hate.

I remember a time when accusing someone of PED use led to getting carded. Jones beat every opponent he ever fought clean. Anything else is baseless speculation at best shameful heresy at worst.

If you look back in time many people thought Francis was using this magical technique called lying. Many people didn't actually think he was serious about the boxing shit they thought it was a negotiating ploy. And others thought maybe Dana would let Francis box if it was THAT important to him. You know cause he let someone else box(i can't remember their name they must not be very important if I can't remember their name).

Dana has been bitching for years about his failure to make Fedor v Brock Lesnar(or Khabib v Tony for that matter). Some people thought he would do anything to prevent that shit from happening again. Those people were wrong but it was a thought that went into many peoples heads.

So yes yes it is revisionist history.

There is no mix up.

Again there is no numerous interviews, it is what his team stated and Ngannou.

We already went through this, his management and him said he was willing to have a 3 fight deal before his boxing departure. He made it clear that the UFC desserved the blaiming for not making the fight. He made it known that he was willing to do this so and his management made it clear he was willing to fight Jones.

Jones signed his contract on the 14th and Ngannou did not sign the contract by that deadline and was stripped. Ngannou was stunned that jones was upset with him when he did not sign that contract, a comment he made clear.

Ngannou told "The MMA Hour" on Tuesday after jones and him were to sign the contract that money was not the primary sticking point during his negotiations with UFC. Ngannou asked to have his own sponsors, health insurance and a fighter advocate at UFC board meetings. Ngannou subsequently clarified this was a request he wanted to be applied to all UFC fighters. The UFC, according to Ngannou, shot down all three talking points.

So he was willing to do it without the boxing clause and made it clear.
@RedDevilFan I'm not sure if you linked the wrong article. In any event, yes there were plenty of interviews. Francis wanted out of the UFC because he wanted "freedom." An integral part of that freedom was the right to box.

"Tyson Fury fight has to be part of the discussion. That's not an option." Around the 25:50 mark as to whether the Tyson fight will happen, "I think it's clear, it's something that's just obvious." He wanted the UFC to be part of it, but Dana has been clear that he won't do the boxing crossover again.

"I'm gonna go to that boxing. That's for sure."

Says the Fury fight will happen, he wanted the UFC involved, but the UFC isn't interested.

Says probability of the Tyson fight is 8 or 9 out of 10, and that's being conservative:

I could keep posting links, but there's no point. I don't even know why this is controversial. Francis talked very openly about boxing after his contract was up. The mma community (journalists and fans alike) talked about it. Tyson Fury talked about it. They faced off in the ring after Tyson's fight. After Francis's contract ended, he did in fact leave and box Fury (as he said all along). If you want to die on this nonsensical hill, be my guest.

@RedDevilFan I'm not sure if you linked the wrong article. In any event, yes there were plenty of interviews. Francis wanted out of the UFC because he wanted "freedom." An integral part of that freedom was the right to box.

"Tyson Fury fight has to be part of the discussion. That's not an option." Around the 25:50 mark as to whether the Tyson fight will happen, "I think it's clear, it's something that's just obvious." He wanted the UFC to be part of it, but Dana has been clear that he won't do the boxing crossover again.

"I'm gonna go to that boxing, for sure."

Says the Fury fight will happen, he wanted the UFC involved, but the UFC isn't interested.

Says probability of the Tyson fight is 8 out of 10, and that's being conservative:

I could keep posting links, but there's no point. I don't even know why this is controversial. Francis talked very openly about boxing after his contract was up. The mma community (journalists and fans alike) talked about it. Tyson Fury talked about it. They faced off in the ring after Tyson's fight. After Francis's contract ended, he did in fact leave and box Fury (as he said all along). If you want to die on this nonsensical hill, be my guest.

We already went through this and he made the comment after he was stripped and stated they did not accept any of his contractual agreements and he left. End of story.

Back