Jones & Gus going back and forth now

Jones / Gustafson II - who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it goes down again mark my words Jones won't survive the head trauma. Lucky as fuck the 1st time. Chins don't get better with age

I thought Alex was busy sitting on the sideline, waiting his way to a title shot?

Jones is a criminal and compulsive liar and a cheat.

It’s absolute bullshit Jones’ last doping case has not been concluded yet. Especially after that CSAC hearing.

He needs to get the minimum 4 years he’s earned. Then he can STFU for the next 3+ years.

Gus says he believes he has what it takes to beat Jones on the Hogan podcast. Alexander says that people get down on him for not acting like a Conor McGregor, but that he lets his performance do the talking in the cage. He says he believes 100% that he has what it takes to beat Jon Jones.

Jones response on Twitter:

"Your hands were the only the only thing you had over me in our first fight. That gap is closing fast. Our first fight is the greatest thing you've done inside that Octagon. You will never beat me, that's my promise to you."

Gus may never GET that chance, if you don't stop beating yourself Jon.

Thoughts? Who takes the rematch, if it ever comes about?

Time-stamped:

who cares gus will also be retired when jon can come back

Jon is an ATG and could have gone down as the GOAT if he wasn't an idiot

Gus is the best loser in LHW history
Gus can be quite salty after his loses ,I think the best loser in the UFC is NBK never seen an excuse ever and always praises his opponent after a loss .

On a serious note I know exactly what you mean , He's kinda like the ultimate gate keeper , in the sense that he takes the champs to their limit but he beats everyone else in the division .

Stylistically Alexander presents problems for him. That basically would always be the case. That is a rematch everyone has always wanted. Quite frankly it should have happened already. Jones problems is the only reason it hasn’t.
Alexander pulling out of UFC 178 rematch and then getting KTFO by rumble and losing to DC is the reason why the rematch never happened

Without roids it's a close contest, it's a pick em, i chosed Gus because i thought he edged the first fight.

Is that turd Jones ever going to get suspended?

Jones has tried to improve his boxing for years, but he's still stiff, lacks fluidity. The punches are better than when he started, but he's still flatfooted and looks awkward when throwing more than 1 punch at a time.

Gus is a skilled boxer, he has what Jon lacks. This won't change. The spinning back elbow saved JJ last time, was handily losing before that. Low chance it'll save him again.

Jon has more weapons overall I think, but Gus lit him the F up in boxing range.

lol @ the jones haters. that poll is a fucking disgrace

Jon has more weapons overall I think, but Gus lit him the F up in boxing range.

Yep, he's better overall, record speaks for itself against all styles. With them it's a match-up thing more so than Gus being the better fighter or Jones not training...or whatever he was up to.

Jon Jones is just an ubermensch, deal with it boys.

Gus is very good, though being very good isn't enough to beat the goat jon.

I like Gus but he's been pretty up and down since that fight. That was one of his best performances ever I think. Since then he's been injured a lot too. Good performance against Glover but struggled against Blachowicz. People are forgetting that.

Should be a good fight if it happens though. It's what the LHW division and the UFC needs right now.

Free Jon.

Back