Jones & Gus going back and forth now

Jones / Gustafson II - who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm one of the biggest Jon Jones fans on this forum and its plainly obvious that Gus has everything it takes to beat Jones. The first fight was a close 3-2 Jones win that he pulled off because of a great comeback. Gus was super complimentary of Jones on the JRE podcast as well, said Jones was a beast and the best ever, and that beating Jones would mean more to him than winning the 205 strap.

Jones needs to stop chirping, deal with his suspension like a man and come back clean - if he even can.

yeah the loser who beat the guy in your av's ass like he owed him money.
beat Shoguns ass like he owed him money? Are you serious? Are you seriously serious?

You obviously havent seen the fight ROFL. Gus won, but it was a close fight...against an obviously over the hill Shogun.

I'm one of the biggest Jon Jones fans on this forum and its plainly obvious that Gus has everything it takes to beat Jones. The first fight was a close 3-2 Jones win that he pulled off because of a great comeback. Gus was super complimentary of Jones on the JRE podcast as well, said Jones was a beast and the best ever, and that beating Jones would mean more to him than winning the 205 strap.

Jones needs to stop chirping, deal with his suspension like a man and come back clean - if he even can.
To think that if Jones had beat DC clean and passed the drug test, we could've had Jones/Gus II already.

I like Gus as a person and will root for him over Jones but..... He isn't beating him. I feel like Sherdoggers picking him are just hoping it happens but don't really believe it will.

I thought the first fight was a toss up and if Jones is clean now, I think Gus takes it this time!

If jones is clean he gets finished in the 3rd. He turned up in 4 and 5 where clean fighters slow down

I think Gus takes the rematch.....maybe even a late TKO. He's in his best form now and although Jon is as good as he is, I think Gus just has the style to beat him.

If jones is clean he gets finished in the 3rd. He turned up in 4 and 5 where clean fighters slow down

Underrated post. IIRC, he came back late in the match against DC the first time around as well.

Gus says he believes he has what it takes to beat Jones on the Hogan podcast. Alexander says that people get down on him for not acting like a Conor McGregor, but that he lets his performance do the talking in the cage. He says he believes 100% that he has what it takes to beat Jon Jones.

Jones response on Twitter:

"Your hands were the only the only thing you had over me in our first fight. That gap is closing fast. Our first fight is the greatest thing you've done inside that Octagon. You will never beat me, that's my promise to you."

Gus may never GET that chance, if you don't stop beating yourself Jon.

Thoughts? Who takes the rematch, if it ever comes about?

Time-stamped:

USADA wins

I like Gus, but I still feel Jones takes it. Fan of both, but I feel Jones is alot more aggressive

USADA by TKO

Voted Gus. I thought in the fight he did the most damage, won the fight.

beat Shoguns ass like he owed him money? Are you serious? Are you seriously serious?

You obviously havent seen the fight ROFL. Gus won, but it was a close fight...against an obviously over the hill Shogun.
it was close for the first 2 rounds but by the 3rd it was getting ugly and if it had been 5 rounds would've ended up alot like the jones shogun fight.

Who knows what Jones' like without roids, he was caught two times against DC, probably just didn't get caught the first time they fought. The guy knows he can't win without steroids. He could end up being the next Antonio Silva.

Would love to see a rematch if Jones isnt suspended/gets such a short suspension that most of it will have passed.

If Jones doesnt get a long suspension then USADA is a big joke. On the other hand I would love to see Jones fight ASAP and would like USADA gone from the UFC. but if they are gonna have USADA it shpuldnt be openly corrupt at least.

Back