Jon Jones title run in retrospect

Hi sherdog,

I was thinking about how Jon Jones is probably the best fighter of all time. Then I started considering his run and the guys he beat and I was kind of shocked to find that really he has beaten 3 prime good opponents.

Lets look at the careers of all his opponents within 3 years of title contention. I am not going beyond 3 years because then prime is a consideration I want the fighters to be comparable to the guys he fought.

Shogun.
Record prior: 19-4
Record next 3 years: 3-3 losses to gus and Henderson, chael. Beat Forrest, James T Huna, and Vera...

Rampage.
Record Prior: 32-8
Record next 3 years: 2-2 losses to Bader and Texiera, wins over Mpumbu and Beltran...

Machida.
Record prior: 17-2
Record next 3 years: 4-2 Machida was still good in this fight and its a good win He beat Henderson and Bader and probably got robbed by Davis if you watched that fight. then went on to get to a title shot at MW to lose to Weidman.

Rashad:
Record prior: 17-1-1
Record next 3 years: 2-1 Rashad arguably lost to Dan but he beat him and chael after losing to old lil nog. He then fell off a cliff.

Vitor:
Record prior: 21-9
Record next 3 years: 3-1 wait a minute...

wait... nevermind.. Jones is one of if not the greatest of all time. seriously... these guys were all still good after he beat them... I just turned from a hater to a maybe kind of fan... wow.
he also subbed TRT Vitor and KO'd Cormier.

yeah hes the GOAT

If steroids are solely responsible for Jon Jones' success, every single fighter should be on them.

Nobody can beat him
Don't say that to Matt Hamill bro..
MattHamill_Headshot.png

No seriously don't, he is deaf.

usada did twice.

And yet, his next fight is for the title - again.

<JonesLaugh>

i dunno. the one time he fought a guy his same size, he was lit up badly. that's the one knock on jones, in my opinion. never fought heavyweight. he still might. but as of right now, he hasn't.

Take in his actual MMA experience going in to the first title fight vs Shogun, then yea, what he accomplished with such little knowledge of martial arts is insane.

His path of destruction and failed PEDs will prevent everyone from getting on board though

Colby also visited Trump in the White house and called Khabib a sheep fucker, the guys full of shit.
hes a total douche for sure, but i highly doubt hes wrong about jones juicing in college. they were roommates.

Hi sherdog,

I was thinking about how Jon Jones is probably the best fighter of all time. Then I started considering his run and the guys he beat and I was kind of shocked to find that really he has beaten 3 prime good opponents.

Lets look at the careers of all his opponents within 3 years of title contention. I am not going beyond 3 years because then prime is a consideration I want the fighters to be comparable to the guys he fought.

Shogun.
Record next 3 years: 3-3 losses to gus and Henderson, chael. Beat Forrest, James T Huna, and Vera...

Rampage.
Record next 3 years: 2-2 losses to Bader and Texiera, wins over Mpumbu and Beltran...

Machida.
Record next 3 years: 4-2 Machida was still good in this fight and its a good win He beat Henderson and Bader and probably got robbed by Davis if you watched that fight. then went on to get to a title shot at MW to lose to Weidman.

Rashad:
Record next 3 years: 2-1 Rashad arguably lost to Dan but he beat him and chael after losing to old lil nog. He then fell off a cliff.

Vitor:

wait... nevermind.. Jones is one of if not the greatest of all time. seriously... these guys were all still good after he beat them... I just turned from a hater to a maybe kind of fan... wow.
<TrumpWrong1>

Jones is the best fighter I've seen. Fedor is still my favorite fighter and always will be.

Hi sherdog,

Shogun.

Rampage.

Machida.

Rashad:

Vitor:

After gus stomps him in his first fight he’s actually clean in you can change the title to a reflection on steroid cheats and horrible human beings.

If steroids are solely responsible for Jon Jones' success, every single fighter should be on them.
They're not solely responsible, but they're a massive help. Same with every other top athlete on steroids. Bonds, Sosa, McGuire were all high level baseball players that turned into GOATs when they got hopped up on roids. Power lifting champs would be strong as shit anyway, but not world's strongest man if they weren't on roids.

Jon Jones is the greatest in ring/cage fighter that I have ever seen in my life. Roids or not.

Back